Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• www.JonAutopsy.com

Re: Observatory of the Future on Indy Ride

All the doors go to the same room. The lighting is different for each one depending on what door you go through and is displayed differently on the "screens" (like the screens they have in Haunted Mansion to project ghosts flying around in the graveyard) to make it seem like you're in a different room for each pathway.

At least, I think that's the way they do it.
    "NATURAL BORN KILLERS"
    1st Place - MiceChat Gumball Rally 2012

JON AUTOPSY - FACEBOOK

• A Weather Eye Open

yes, those screens that are opaque when light is on them and transparent when light is behind them (like a 2 way mirror at the police station) are called "scrims". they are commonly used in theatre and you can find them creating many effects all over the DLR.

i'm quite the opposite of most of you. last year i got the observatory of the future for the first time ever (i think the year before I had only the earthly riches), and after that i got it almost every time i went on, and i had NEVER seen eternal youth and beauty (i eventually did, but it took MONTHS). I still seem to get the future the most.
    i think it's just lucky, though. i think the rooms are given out evenly, with two cars going through the left door, one car going through the middle, two going through the right, and one more going through the middle, then starting all over. that would make the most sense because it's even and it cuts down on unnecessary movement of the room's walls. we'd have to ask a CM though. of course, when indy was in such disrepair last year, the walls went for weeks without moving at all, and the doors never matched up to the right room!
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Autopsy View Post
    The last few times I've been on it, we've come around the corner and the door we're going through is already wide open. Kind of kills the magic, even though I've already seen all three rooms dozens of times.
    Had that happen twice to us. It really does ruin the magic of the beginning.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Yeah.....

the past few times I've been on, there has been no lighting whatsoever in the very first room with the three doors, the faces aren't lit up or anything. the only light in that room is coming from your jeep's headlights. the door you travel through still opens and closes just fine, its just very dark in there. I actually kind of like it, it feels more like a real expedition into a dark ancient temple, but of course the doors open and the fantasy begins...

• =)

I don't like it when the lights don't work in the Chamber of Destiny. I've had it happen to me once or twice, and it doesn't make me happy.

• Boat shoes all day long

I really like when Mara lifts the curtain of time, my self.
    "Let's get weird" -Abraham Lincoln

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I'd like for Disney to clean the spit wad off of Mara's forehead. It's been there for over a year. Don't worry, it wasn't me that looked into her eyes.

• Nill

The lights aren't the only things that aren't working when they are off. The entire scene is typically down......but why am I telling you that haha.

Anyways, everyone has equal chances of getting any particular door. The cycle is 2 EMVs to the Future ('left' door), 1 EMV to Eartly Riches ('Middle' door), and 2 EMVs to Eternal Youth ('Right' door). Then back to the center for 1 more emv, then 2 on the future, and so on it repeats itself. Simply put, from left to right it is 2-1-2, and it reverses.

On a side note, it always makes me wonder why the Chamber of Destiny "breaks" down. Motor failure, or fried electrical box? It tends to go down for a while until it gets fixed.

I don't have a personal favorite door to go through, but I'm happy as long as the room rotates after we go through so I can observe it. I'm such a geek.....

• We Go On.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrewsk8s View Post
    Of the three initial paths, I've been on the "Riches" one the most, 6-7 times, and on the "Youth" one a couple of times, but to my recollection, I have NEVER been on the "Observatory of the Future" path yet.
    Same with me exactly! I had never been through the Observatory of the Future in all my visits... until this one. I was so excited that I FINALLY went through... but something strange happened.

When I first entered the Chamber of Destiny (correct me if I'm wrong, I always get the Chamber of Destiny and Hall of Promise mixed up) NONE of the doors lit up, PLUS I was situated to go through the middle door, the Chamber of Earthly Riches. However, the narration was playing the audio for the Observatory of the Future. It was kind of weird, because I wondered if the door maybe wouldn't open because there was another transport going through the Hall of Promise. Because USUALLY when the effect doesn't work, the doors just don't switch and we go through the same door as the vehicle before us. But this time we didn't. We headed through the middle door, hearing the narration for Observatory of the Future, and ended up in the Observatory of the Future. Now I've been through when the door hadn't shut before me, or the mirror didn't work, or the doors didn't switch, but this is weird. Lights off, same narration, different door. Weird.

• DCA FTW!

The Observatory of the future is when you see the stars and the second part you see lightning bolts on the side walls right? I'm not entirely sure, if it is, that's my favorite door as well.
    Everybody's got a laughin' place-
    trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

• Nill

Quote Originally Posted by WDITrent View Post
    Same with me exactly! I had never been through the Observatory of the Future in all my visits... until this one. I was so excited that I FINALLY went through... but something strange happened.

When I first entered the Chamber of Destiny (correct me if I'm wrong, I always get the Chamber of Destiny and Hall of Promise mixed up) NONE of the doors lit up, PLUS I was situated to go through the middle door, the Chamber of Earthly Riches. However, the narration was playing the audio for the Observatory of the Future. It was kind of weird, because I wondered if the door maybe wouldn't open because there was another transport going through the Hall of Promise. Because USUALLY when the effect doesn't work, the doors just don't switch and we go through the same door as the vehicle before us. But this time we didn't. We headed through the middle door, hearing the narration for Observatory of the Future, and ended up in the Observatory of the Future. Now I've been through when the door hadn't shut before me, or the mirror didn't work, or the doors didn't switch, but this is weird. Lights off, same narration, different door. Weird.
    Simply put, the chamber of destiny wasn't working when you rode it. Whenever it is shutdown, the lights are off because they are a part of that "scene".

"The Observatory of the future is when you see the stars and the second part you see lightning bolts on the side walls right? I'm not entirely sure, if it is, that's my favorite door as well."

Yes, you do see the stars, but the lightning in the tunnel of torment occurs for every EMV, no matter which gift they received.

• we jumped out a window

I guess I average things out for those of you that rarely enter the Observatory. I get in there around 50% of the time and the other 50% is Chamber of Destiny. I've only been inside Eternal Youth once and I've probably been on the ride 40 times throughout the years.

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

Correct me if I'm wrong (and i know someone here will :P) but with the observatory of the future has the star field as has been mentioned, correct? Now, didn't there use to be, in the very center of that star field, a medallion of sorts w/ the eye of mara on it. The last few times I've been on it, said medallion has been MIA... i very well could be making this up however.

• Animatronic

The medallion is likely part of the highly touted random show element breakdown that makes the ride different each time you ride it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12