The 50th anniversary of Sleeping Beauty is just around the corner, and a special DVD edition is going to be released in several weeks.
So, I have a two questions for you guys:
1. Do you think Disney is going to host any special events in the parks to commemorate this?
2. Brainstorming topic: What kind of events would you like to see in the parks?
Personally, I've heard rumors that Disneyland's Sleeping Beauty Castle (which was closed after the 9/11 attacks) is going to be reopened, but I have no idea if that's true.
As for event ideas, these are the ones I'd love to see:
1. Disney should make a SB-themed character meal similar to 1900 Park Fare, with about the same amount of character interaction. Since 1900 Park Fare is very popular, a SB version would probably attract many people as well. (Phillip and Aurora would replace Prince Charming and Cinderella, and the fairies would make a fuss over anyone wearing pink or blue clothes!)
2. Disney was going to have a "Sleeping Beauty Royal Ball" in February 2004, but the event was "watered down," and Disney was criticized for it (original version, new version). The original event seemed like a rather good idea, though.
3. Make Briar Rose (Aurora in "peasant girl" mode) available as a meet-and-greet character.
4. Release a Sleeping Beauty video game! Various characters from the film do play minor roles in a few games, but a game dedicated purely to SB would be pretty nice.