Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Winter in Oceanside...

Re: Toontown, Fantasyland, and Frontierland Expansion Idea To Replace BTR

What is wrong with keeping Big Thunder?

• Honorary Dapper Dan

I believe the OP is referring to Big Thunder Ranch, not Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Anyone who would suggest getting rid of BTMRR is clearly insane.

Anyway, a Restaurant won't fit in the castle because, well, just look at it. With the facilities needed for a kitchen, and the room needed for tables, etc, it's just not realistic.
    "I can stand the sight of worms,
    and look at microscopic germs,
    but technicolor pachyderms
    are really too much for me."

Quote Originally Posted by Wavy Blue View Post
    Eh...think more logically about your attraction ideas. Will it fit? Are the facilities necessary plausible in the location? Will this stand the test of time? (A major problem with your ideas was that many of them were based off films that aren't very popular/haven't debuted to show popularity.) Does this fit the theme? Can both children and adults enjoy this?
    I think these ideas seem more Blue Sky. While I can't say I agree with or even like all of them, just the unrestricted and unbarriered belief that these ideas might work can send them to the next level. One thing I know I've lost as I've grown older is the ability to think without boundaries, always thinking to the logistics and limits. In a Blue Sky phase, no idea is unreasonable, no idea is illogical. I say kudos for the ideas, even if they need to be ironed out a bit!
    In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

Here is what should be done

Frontierland:
    Big Thunder Mountain - update the ride to expand past the mountain. For example after the earthquake scene you come out and drop like you do now, but in the update you go back up and across the walkway where there will be more track in what use to be the geyser falls area through the ranch area and then back to current station. I would also add a soundtrack. See my example of music added to BTMR in the video below
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP_6i3oaqV8 (3:20 mark)
    Ranch Area - now that you have Big Thunder going through the area you build up Thunder Mesa to the back areas and finally build Wester River Expedition. I would have this attraction themed originally, but if not do anything with a western theme.

Fantasyland:
    only thing I would add is a Beauty and the Beast attraction back where the old Skyway station is at. There is room behind that for a show building

Toontown:
    Mickey's Phillarmagic - this is the only logical place to put this attraction. There are a few areas where this can go. Expand Toontown to where the Fantasyland Theater is at, expand past the Chip and Dale Acorn Crawl area, or build it where the Toontown backstage gate is at. Toontown Theater?

Tomorrowland:
    Astro Orbiter - move it where it belongs
    Peoplemover - I have an idea for that, but later...
    3D Movie - take the concept of Alien Encounter and make it a 3D show, but this time make a 3D show where there are multiple effects and outcomes. The knock against 3D shows is re-rideability and this would definetly be something different. Maybe have different themes. During the day make it kid friendly and at night make it very scary
    Carousel - no idea but make it something original... enough tie-ins
    Autopia - take it out... to much real estate.... so it can make way for whats below.

New Land:
    Discovery Bay - will be located between Tomorrowland and Fantasyland for a perfect transition from the world of Fantasy to Tomorrow. Think Mysterious Island from Tokyo Disney Seas, but a smaller scale
    Attractions:
    Play area - similiar to the fortress at TDS
    YouTube - Sea of Dreams Short Film 3 - English Fan-Sub (2/2)
    Fire Mountain (aka Journey to the Center of the Earth) - The ride will have the same theme and monster, but the final ride after the drop would expand onto the Peoplemover track. So after the Fire Monster escape and after the heart punding drop you take a quick ride through Tomorrowland and back to the JTTCOE station. Two rides in one
    YouTube - Journey to the Center of the Earth
    Volcania Restaurant - with Blue Bayou doing so well its time to add a themed restaurant to a new attraction. You board fake elevators to your table and you are surrounded by crystals, creatures and the occasional vehicle going by.

Thx for reading...bed time
    Last edited by Brisal73; 09-08-2008 at 10:10 AM.

• Honorary Dapper Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Brisal73 View Post
    Here is what should be done

Frontierland:
    Big Thunder Mountain - update the ride to expand past the mountain. For example after the earthquake scene you come out and drop like you do now, but in the update you go back up and across the walkway where there will be more track in what use to be the geyser falls area through the ranch area and then back to current station. I would also add a soundtrack. See my example of music added to BTMR in the video below
    YouTube - Big Thunder Mtn. @ Disneyland - RemainSeated (3:20 mark)
    Ranch Area - now that you have Big Thunder going through the area you build up Thunder Mesa to the back areas and finally build Wester River Expedition. I would have this attraction themed originally, but if not do anything with a western theme.

Fantasyland:
    only thing I would add is a Beauty and the Beast attraction back where the old Skyway station is at. There is room behind that for a show building

Toontown:
    Mickey's Phillarmagic - this is the only logical place to put this attraction. There are a few areas where this can go. Expand Toontown to where the Fantasyland Theater is at, expand past the Chip and Dale Acorn Crawl area, or build it where the Toontown backstage gate is at. Toontown Theater?

Tomorrowland:
    Astro Orbiter - move it where it belongs
    Peoplemover - I have an idea for that, but later...
    3D Movie - take the concept of Alien Encounter and make it a 3D show, but this time make a 3D show where there are multiple effects and outcomes. The knock against 3D shows is re-rideability and this would definetly be something different. Maybe have different themes. During the day make it kid friendly and at night make it very scary
    Carousel - no idea but make it something original... enough tie-ins
    Autopia - take it out... to much real estate.... so it can make way for whats below.

New Land:
    Discovery Bay - will be located between Tomorrowland and Fantasyland for a perfect transition from the world of Fantasy to Tomorrow. Think Mysterious Island from Tokyo Disney Seas, but a smaller scale
    Attractions:
    Play area - similiar to the fortress at TDS
    YouTube - Sea of Dreams Short Film 3 - English Fan-Sub (2/2)
    Fire Mountain (aka Journey to the Center of the Earth) - The ride will have the same theme and monster, but the final ride after the drop would expand onto the Peoplemover track. So after the Fire Monster escape and after the heart punding drop you take a quick ride through Tomorrowland and back to the JTTCOE station. Two rides in one
    YouTube - Journey to the Center of the Earth
    Volcania Restaurant - with Blue Bayou doing so well its time to add a themed restaurant to a new attraction. You board fake elevators to your table and you are surrounded by crystals, creatures and the occasional vehicle going by.

Thx for reading...bed time
    If you expect people to see your ideas, you need to start your own thread. Most of your ideas were too vague, so I don't really know what to say, besides BTMRR really doesn't need an extension. It's already a pretty lengthy coaster as is.
    "I can stand the sight of worms,
    and look at microscopic germs,
    but technicolor pachyderms
    are really too much for me."

• Faith Trust & Pixie Dust!

I always thought that putting Mickey's Philharmagic in Toon Town made sense if there was room for it.

You have some great ideas, I just don't know if they work in the areas you described. I think that is one of the reasons why Hunchback didn't work there. It really had nothing to do with the Frontier. I agree that something needs to happen back in that corner because in a way it's just wasted space. The alternate walkway is good, and it is a nice quiet spot, don't get me wrong, but I just feel that something needs to get put there.
    I miss Disney World...
    Check out my Disney Cruise Trip Report...lots of photos being added: http://micechat.com/forums/disney-cr...ey-wonder.html

• Oo-de-lally

I like some of your ideas. I really like when people take the time to post these threads. Even though none of this would ever happen it is cool to sit back and imagine it. I like the Villains land idea. That is great because I think the Villains don't get as much exposure as they should. I also love the idea for the camp fire tails with S’mores. That would be so cool. Keep the ideas coming. I love reading them.
    Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally
    Golly, what a day

• failure for lunch

Why are all of the attraction ideas centered around movies?

Quote Originally Posted by manifest View Post
    Why are all of the attraction ideas centered around movies?
    welcome to the new disneyland

• Diva Extrodinaire

In my more radical ideas, the island becomes Treasure Island and a huge Space Needle is built where Innoventions is with a drop ride a la TOT and a Mexican space age diner on top.
    ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME

• Mean Mermaid

First, let me tell you what I like. I think the ideas to make Ranch Del Zocalo a table restaurant and the campfire idea. It all sounds very cute. And if there were truly enough space for it, I wouldn't mind Villansland. Fantasia Gardens sounds very nice also.

Kick out Pooh and stick in the Bambi ride. That may make me happy.

However... (brace yourself)

I'm afraid Pocahantas would feel too much like a copy of Splash Mountain. No matter what's done to it, it pretty much needs to be Splash Mountain's double to be popular, only with Pocahantas and Mico animatronics instead of little woddland creature ones.

To all of the darkrides- it's either never going to happen, or I'd die first. I love all those darkrides (except Pinocchio) and they've all been there from the beginning (except Pinocchio) and getting rid of them would be tearing down generations of fond memories and Walt's hard work (except Pinocchio).

As for Pinocchio- well, I do like Hunchback of Notredame, but kids hate it. When it first came out (and I was a kid) I hated it. All my friends hated it, some even refuse to watch it to this day because they remember hating it so much from when they were kids! I watched it again and liked it, but it kind of took me eight years... Sooooo... no on Hunchback.

I would probably add a Princess movie in there like Sleeping Beauty, Beauty and the Beast, even Aladdin. However not Cinderella. Here's why: there's absolutely no adventure what so ever in Cinderella and what adventure there is in the movie does not belong to Cinderella's story, but the mice's. So we could either make a ride about mice- or we could watch animatronics of Cinderella dancing for three minutes. Not exactly thrilling.

No here's the real bone I have to pick with you: Don't even suggest changing the castle. Yes, it's small compared to the other castles, but that's just because the other castle's need to compensate for the fact that Walt never loved them like he loved our castle (didn't really have the chance to...). I say, if any castles should change, it should be any but ours. Ours was first, and I still believe ours is the best. The only change I would even remotely tolerate is our castle being called Walt Disney Castle as oppsed to Sleeping Beauties (and even then, I'd probably call it Sleeping Beauty's castle behind Disney's back) You want the Beast's Castle, take it to Paris (that's theoretically where it should be anyway, right?)

Harrumph.

Don't mess with my palace.

• We Go On.

^^I agree with every word you just said.

• Diva Extrodinaire

Thanks for all the input. I officially decided to move Bambi to replace Dumbo, since I am adding a mini-land based on Pooh. and yes, I felt that Pocahontas may be alot like Space Mountain.

And yes, chancing the castle is quite radical, but I thought the castle could be great. Maybe for D-Land Shanghai? Or even the next resort?
    ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME

• Disney Geek

Maybe you should start your own park. With all your changes the DL that we all know will cease to exist.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MTdizzle94 View Post
    Thanks for all the input. I officially decided to move Bambi to replace Dumbo.
    so we're going to have flying deer?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast