Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Diva Extrodinaire

Toontown, Fantasyland, and Frontierland Expansion Idea To Replace BTR

Since my extensive list of overhaul includes 3 new lands (Land Of Villains, Treasure Island, and Muppet City), I thought to use this prime land for a major expansion (not just BTR area):

Frontierland

• Build a water-ride based on Pocahontas. My idea involves 3 levels, but the main level is underground, the second level is the loading area and queue with an entrance to the ride, but then you ascend to the top level, which involves a drop to the lowest level (You go up to the top at the end for one scene).
    • Expand Ranch del Zocalo to a table restaurant!
    • Add a small theatre by the Pocahontas ride which has a campfire each night where kids can buy a s'mores package and roast marshmallows while CM's tell spooky stories.

Fantasyland

• Build a 2-level dark ride based on the film Enchanted with the bottom level underground (if no utilidors are there) and spinning cars. The Central Park scene features the most AA's in a single scene.
    • Build a small dark ride area featuring rides by Bambi and 101 Dalmatians.
    • Add a small meet-and-greet area for Rapunzel which looks like a tower in the clouds.
    • Dark Rides: Snow White-Mary Poppins, Pinocchio-Hunchback, Mr. Toad-Cinderella
    • The castle becomes a tall, expansive castle themed to the one in Beauty and the Beast, with the lush forest outside.
    • Pixie Hollow becomes Princess Gardens ,with small grottoes with a meet and greet area (the small pond features statues of Belle and the Beast on small pieces of "ice" on the melted "rink")
    • "The Princess and the Frog" opens in the Fantasyland Theatre, now enclosed with air conditioning.
    • A upscale family restaurant is inside the castle, entitled "The Red Rose Inn."
    • Casey Jr. is closed and Storybookland is expanded with new houses like Pride Rock, Kuzco's Castle, and Giselle's Castle.
    • The new Villain land behind Tomorrowland features Forbidden Mountain from Sleeping Beauty (dragon shoots fire through the loop-it's part coaster/part dark ride), a water ride with The Lion King, and a wild-mouse coaster based on Cruella.

Mickey's Toontown

• Gadget's Go Coaster and the Treehouse becomes Fantasia Gardens, a D-Ticket level dark ride using the trackless ride system from Tokyo's Pooh's Hunny Hunt with scenes from Fantasia.
    • A restaurant called the Toontown Brown Derby in...you guessed it...a huge derby hat.

Thoughts?
    ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME

• Diva Extrodinaire

Re: Toontown, Fantasyland, and Frontierland Expansion Idea To Replace BTR

Scraatch the 101 Dalmatians dark ride since I ahve a Cruella ride.

• Disney Geek

I am not sure if your ideas fit in the park very well

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

I like several of your ideas... I know what you gave is just a small sample of what you really would like to see.

I like your ideas with the campfire and spooky stories. As for the Fantasia Gardens... to me, they don't seem too appropriate for the park it self. Maybe at the Disneyland Hotel or elsewhere on resort property.

A water ride would be nice, maybe in the area where BTR is now as mentioned. Would definitely be quite a change for Frontierland.

• =)

I don't see how Pocahantas would fit into Frontierland very well, I'm afraid. It's an animated film, firstly. Furthermore, the time period is too early.

As for the Enchanted dark ride...there are two issues. One is location, since FL is pretty full. The other is the fact that the film includes many live-action elements that'd be out of place in Fantasyland.

The Villain Land would be placed in the backstage area behind Space Mountain, I assume. There are three issues--one is the small size of the area, another is the fact that those backstage areas are used quite a bit, and the third is the fact that Space Mountain, the backside of Main Street, and the railroad diorama buildings would all need to be hidden somehow. They're all quite close in that area. Furthermore...the villains already fit in Fantasyland, so I fail to see the purpose of creating a new land just for them.

I'm not fond of replacing the castle simply because it is the original. Call me a purist, but when it comes to structures that are that historical, I'd rather not replace them unless there's something really wrong with them.

Sorry to be shooting down your ideas like this! I appreciate the creativity, but I just wouldn't want a lot of these things to happen at Disneyland.

I like some of your ideas, but I'll just concentrate on the negative (I know, sad).

A water-based ride with a big 2-level drop? You mean like Splash Mountain? Maybe they could just add some Pocahontas characters to Splash. It's a joke.

Replace the castle with a bigger one? What's wrong with the current castle? Do we need to be more like WDW? Also, a big castle wouldn't fit into that small space. There's plenty of space for dark rides as a replacement for the Fantasyland Theater. I don't see the need to make the castle bigger just to put in a ride.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Dark Rides: Snow White-Mary Poppins, Pinocchio-Hunchback, Mr. Toad-Cinderella

I agree with everyone else. Also if you saying to change these rides to Mary Poppins and all that. I am most definantly going to have to decline.
    I give you credit on the ideas, but alot of them I see... just not happening.

• Diva Extrodinaire

Movaje, the drop is not that big. The top level is outdoors, but you only go up about 8 feet once you are outside. The drop is to take you outdoors and immerse you into the dark ride element underground. The castle right now, is not very elaborate, IMO. My hope is to make it detailed and majestic, since this is the flagship park, not a short little pink castle (which is pretty). And also, this is part of my plan for each park to not repeat castles.

Data, it is on the edge of Frontierland and Fantasyland, to give it a good transition, unlike now. The Enchanted ride is on the other section of that BTR land. The Villain land is actually between small world and Tomorrowland, since I am reducing the submarines.

The thing about the Fantasia ride is to give a major, WELL DONE ride to Toontown.

Any other questions or feedback is welcomed. Thank you all for your input.

• Honorary Dapper Dan

To be perfectly honest, I'm not too excited by your ideas...

Your campfire idea isn't realistic. There's no way that an intimate campfire experience could come to be with the kind of capacity the attraction would need. Especially if it's only once a night. Consider the kinds of crowds that show up for Fantasmic. Even if a fraction of those spectators joined the campfire, you would need a large amphitheater to show it in. A normal campfire acompanies 10-15 people. That's just not realistic at Disneyland. Also, people don't go to Disneyland to do what they can do near home, or to smell like smoke, for that matter.

Enchanted--why must there be another spinning car ride based on a movie with mixed animation and live action?! Isn't Roger Rabbit enough? While I don't mind the idea of an Enchanted darkride, I don't see why it can't be more original.

101 Dalmations could be fun. but Bambi? No. Unless it's Bambi's Emotional Roller Coaster, I don't see this happening.

Let's wait and see if Rapunzel is any good before we give her her own meet and greet. Why can't she just join the other princesses?

There will never be a Hunchback darkride, either. The film was just not popular enough.These days Disney wants rides that people will go on because of the characters. And Toad will never be replaced. Not because Cindy isn't a good idea, but Toad is just too popular. Pinocchio being replaced someday, but not Snow White.

And you silly person. They will NEVER, even if it became Hannah Montana-land, alter Sleeping Beauty's Castle. Besides it being the icon of Disney, enlarging the castle will throw the rest of the scale of DL WAY off.

And don't give improvements to attractions that haven't even opened yet--give Pixie Hollow a chance.

A more proved-timeless tale should occupy the Fantasyland theater, like Cinderella, BatB, or Sleeping Beauty. SB would make sense with the film's bicentennial due up in 2009.

Castle restaurant won't fit.

I kind of like the Fantasia dark ride idea, but since there's already Fantasmic, based off Fantasia, I don't see the film getting any more theme park love. Today's kids just don't appreciate the film. Really, kids never have. Adults are the ones that praise it.

Eh...think more logically about your attraction ideas. Will it fit? Are the facilities necessary plausible in the location? Will this stand the test of time? (A major problem with your ideas was that many of them were based off films that aren't very popular/haven't debuted to show popularity.) Does this fit the theme? Can both children and adults enjoy this?
    "I can stand the sight of worms,
    and look at microscopic germs,
    but technicolor pachyderms
    are really too much for me."

• Honorary Dapper Dan

Quote Originally Posted by MTdizzle94 View Post

The thing about the Fantasia ride is to give a major, WELL DONE ride to Toontown.
    RRCTS is VERY well done. Even if you don't like the ride/film, the elements, effects, and art are all wonderful. It's easily the most well done dark ride in Disneyland. Give Imagineers credit where credit is due.
    "I can stand the sight of worms,
    and look at microscopic germs,
    but technicolor pachyderms
    are really too much for me."

• Banned User

Of all the ideas, the only ones that really need to happen are the Toontown ideas. The castle is Disneyland's icon and shouldn't be altered as drastically as you want, and Snow White and Mr. Toad are originals to the park and should be left alone. Pinocchio is a nicely done salute to Walt's second animated film, so I say it should stay, and the princess grotto idea would be well suited for the Skyway station in FL, not for Pixie Hollow.

Honestly, Casey Jr. doesn't take up that much space, plus it's still a fun little ride, so I say it should stay too.

Enchanted isn't primarily an animated film, and it hasn't proved it can stand the test of time yet, so no on that too.

While Frontierland is in need of something to replace Big Thunder Ranch, I don't think another flume ride is needed when there's a big one only a short walk away. I'm thinking it should be split in two, with a Lone Ranger-themed attraction on the side nearest Frontierland, and a Pocahontas dark ride on the side closest to Fantasyland.

Bambi would have been the perfect theme for a dark ride in Critter Country, and would work perfectly as a replacement for Pooh.

Toontown really does need another big attraction, but I think they should expand Toontown in other ways than replacing Gadget's Go Coaster. It's a fun ride that, like Peter Pan, has high popularity and low capacity, which leads to long lines. Mickey's Meet and Greet should be moved into the Toon Park area with a new queue next to it, and Mickey's House should be used as the queue for the new Fantasia attraction, themed to a ride around the soundstage the movie is being filmed in, and could keep the movie barn motif.

However, you definitely have some major creativity, so serious props for that!

• Diva Extrodinaire

Quote Originally Posted by Wavy Blue View Post

Enchanted--why must there be another spinning car ride based on a movie with mixed animation and live action?! Isn't Roger Rabbit enough? While I don't mind the idea of an Enchanted darkride, I don't see why it can't be more original.

And don't give improvements to attractions that haven't even opened yet--give Pixie Hollow a chance.

A more proved-timeless tale should occupy the Fantasyland theater, like Cinderella, BatB, or Sleeping Beauty. SB would make sense with the film's bicentennial due up in 2009.

Castle restaurant won't fit.

I kind of like the Fantasia dark ride idea, but since there's already Fantasmic, based off Fantasia, I don't see the film getting any more theme park love. Today's kids just don't appreciate the film. Really, kids never have. Adults are the ones that praise it.
    The Enchanted ride only spins in certain parts to see things behind you or for effect. and it's not that I won't give PH a chance, but I like the idea of moving it to the Skyway station. Isn't that by Dumbo? I think that TPATF would work well as a musical and could promote the film, out next November. And why wouldn't the restaurant git?

• Storyteller

A Bambi ride is a great idea. It's one of the best Disney movies and has no representation in the parks. I started to draw up some sketches and ideas on what a Bambi ride would be like a few months ago but I didn't see it through to the end. That could be put in Critter Country but I wouldn't want it to replace Pooh - maybe it could be mostly underground? 101 Dalmatians would make a really cool on-the-run type of ride if you were shrunk down to dog size and zipping through London's countrysides, streets, and parks. I agree also that Toontown needs a new addition - perhaps a really cool dark ride. A Fantasia ride idea is awesome. Besides that, I'm against most of your other pitches and I feel you're trying to change and modernize Disneyland too much.

• Winter in Oceanside...

Don't touch the castle, and hate the idea of an attraction based on Enchanted.

• We Go On.

I'm sorry, but any idea to take away Big Thunder and put in a Pocahontas ride and a campfire area i absolutely must disagree with. If they take out Big Thunder, there will be no point left to Frontierland.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast