Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Favorite area music in Disneyland?

And by area music, I mean not specific attraction or show songs..but the kind of theatrical overall music they play in the different lands...a good example is When You Wish Upon A Star, in the castle when you enter Fantasyland, or the classic scratchy 20's and 30's music playing in the Indy queue....

My personal favorites are the tinkly, music box version of GGG in the Haunted Mansion fastpass garden, the kind of western film score in main street Frontierland, and the Tommorowland music loop featuring stuff like 20,000 Leagues, Great Big Beautiful Tommorow, and the like you hear sometimes in the bathrooms/Space Mountain area
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

• =)

Re: Favorite area music in Disneyland?

Nearly all of Disneyland's area music makes me happy. My favorites include the aforementioned "When You Wish Upon a Star" and the Dixieland jazz playing in New Orleans Square. (Although the live musicians are always preferred, in the case of the latter.) Thanks for bringing up the music box statement of GGG playing in the HM FastPass area, too. That's a great one, especially since the area is usually empty during non-HMH months, and the proximity of the speaker means you can go in there and really just listen to the music while surrounded by the beautiful and subtly eerie gazebo.

• Follow me on Twitter!!!

I like it all
    *~*~*Prince Dalton*~*~*

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Nearly all of Disneyland's area music makes me happy. My favorites include the aforementioned "When You Wish Upon a Star" and the Dixieland jazz playing in New Orleans Square. (Although the live musicians are always preferred, in the case of the latter.) Thanks for bringing up the music box statement of GGG playing in the HM FastPass area, too. That's a great one, especially since the area is usually empty during non-HMH months, and the proximity of the speaker means you can go in there and really just listen to the music while surrounded by the beautiful and subtly eerie gazebo.
    The Mansion fastpass garden is a lovely little area yes, largely thanks to being deserted and the music...one of the best pieces in the park, in my opinion. I neglected to mention, but also like quite a bit, the Alice in Wonderland medley that plays near that attraction and corner of Fantasyland.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

• Banned User

I didn't know the fastpass area for HM was even open to guests when FPs are not offered. I'll check it out in April when I go next.

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by stitchon View Post
    I didn't know the fastpass area for HM was even open to guests when FPs are not offered. I'll check it out in April when I go next.
    Well...it's not. Sorta. They typically have the front gate of the area closed, but the exit is a curved brick path around to the left, and there's no gate there. Obviously, they don't want people going in there and leaving messes or engaging in amorous activities or using illicit substances...but if you're just in there to quietly and unobtrusively enjoy the ambiance and perhaps tidily eat a quick snack...well, no harm, no foul, right? They're not going to check if you're in there, and there aren't any backstage views they don't want you to see, and you won't be ruining anyone else's experience, and there isn't even a DO NOT ENTER sign, so I figure it's not a big deal.

Note that I normally am extremely straight-laced when it comes to my behavior in the park, but this is one case in which I'm okay with sort of breaking an unspoken, unwritten rule, and doing no one the slightest bit of harm by doing so. I don't lose much sleep over it.

• I'm wishing

I love it all...but, if I had to choose one area, it's got to be Main Street! The oldies loop, the Dapper Dans, the piano at Coke Corner...great stuff and a great beginning to a magical day.

I'll give honorable mentions to Indie's swing music, and the exit to Star Tours, and the music in Soarin'!

Main Street's and Tomorrowland's.
    ap·pur·te·nant – adjective: appertaining or belonging; pertaining.

...to Disneyland.

• Practically Magic

Blog Entries

I love the music box-chimes melody in the HM FP garden, too, but I never recognized any of GGG in it.

Other than that, I love the old time music in Indy's queue and the lobby of ToT. I could just sit in Tower's lobby and soak that feeling up all day (sigh).

Oh, and I love it whenever I hear Hungarian Rhapsody (my theme song) playing as area music in Toon Town.

• we jumped out a window

I love a lot of the area music in DCA but as the topic is DL, my favorite would be Frontierland and I like hearing "Put on Your Sunday Clothes" on Main Street now.

• A Weather Eye Open

while not necessarily my favorite, i always sing along to the three Oklahoma! songs played on Main Street: "Surrey with the Fringe On Top", "Kansas City", and "Many a New Day"
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Lady View Post
    I love the music box-chimes melody in the HM FP garden, too, but I never recognized any of GGG in it.
    Yup yup, it's GGG through and through! It's kinda easy to miss at first, though. It took me a while to realize. Now, this isn't the original recording, but I promise it's pretty accurate--this YouTube video starts with my piano version of that piece in its entirety. The melody line is pretty obscured, but the chords and structure are the mostly the same.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=EExsykUyox4

• Banned User

I'll list what I really like:

• Main Street (both normal & Christmas)
    • Tomorrowland
    • PeopleMover music in the Autopia queue
    • Honey pre-show area music
    • Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

And my two personal favorites, Sunshine Plaza & the Esplanade!

Just want to say that my least favorite is the horrible jukebox type music they play in the Haunted Mansion queue when it's Haunted Mansion Holiday. It gets very repetitive, very quickly!

• A Weather Eye Open

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Manning View Post
    I'll list what I really like:

• Main Street (both normal & Christmas)
    • Tomorrowland
    • PeopleMover music in the Autopia queue
    • Honey pre-show area music
    • Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

And my two personal favorites, Sunshine Plaza & the Esplanade!

Just want to say that my least favorite is the horrible jukebox type music they play in the Haunted Mansion queue when it's Haunted Mansion Holiday. It gets very repetitive, very quickly!

by jukebox do you mean music box? i remember it being very chimey and tinkley and haunting.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• Go Bears!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't they play the aforementioned HM Fastpass area "music box" soundtrack throughout the queue during HMH?

They haven't played those annoying sing-along songs in a long time now, I think. I might be wrong, though.

Anyways, I really love the Condor Flats and Soarin' queue loops, although those aren't in Disneyland. :P

I love the Splash Mountain queue music. It's so cozy.

I think my least favorite area music would have to be Tomorrowland and the outdoor portion of the Space Mountain queue. Couldn't they have used some more futuristic and less corny sounding music?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast