View Poll Results: Should Disney allow people to attend Mickey's Trick-or-Treat dressed as The Joker?

Voters
116. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

60 51.72%
  • No

56 48.28%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Infinitized!

Re: Is The Joker too scary for Mickey's Trick-or-Treat Party

Whether the costume is scary or not, the other question is, would Disney allow a WB character wandering around their park?

• "Always On The Move..."

Quote Originally Posted by WatchYourHeadNStep View Post
    Disturbing scars? Unkept hair? Weapons? Dripping grease paint? Drunken tendencies?

Oh wait! I already did that!

Couldn't be that scary! I don't think most of the 10 years and below crowd have seen the movie so they may just be scared of you by the look alone. So long as your not "in character" running around with a semi-automatic weapon, pencils, and recreating a high pitched laugh you should be OK.
    Hey...My Other Favorite Jack is BACK!!! Missed ya, Mate!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

I just don't see how anyone would want to dress at The Dark Knight's Joker for Disneyland... it's a really dark character that makes a pencil disappear in the most amazing way! Having the Joker in the park would be too dark, too violent...

Now if this were the original Cesar Romero (?) Joker, then MAYBE. But what would Joker be doing in at Disneyland in the first place? Other than a costume, he really has no business in The Park.
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

People should go as The Riddler and Penguin instead. lol Much more less scary.
    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

• Banned User

Ok I asked my sisters how they would feel about this issue. They are 4 and 6. They both said the joker is too scary and why would he be at a kids halloween party. I wholeheartedly agree with them. Keep the Joker out, go to your own parties dressed as that but have some respect for children at Mickeys Treat.

• Ride The Road To Destiny

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    Ok I asked my sisters how they would feel about this issue. They are 4 and 6. They both said the joker is too scary and why would he be at a kids halloween party. I wholeheartedly agree with them. Keep the Joker out, go to your own parties dressed as that but have some respect for children at Mickeys Treat.
    Yeah I agree about that but we also have a right to dress up as what we want to be.

"Why So Serious?"
    Rocket Rods 1998-2001 May you rest in peace.

"From the imagination of Walt Disney and NASCAR presents a second generation in Tomorrowland Rapid Transit. Rocket Rods V2!"

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by RocketRodRider88 View Post
    Yeah I agree about that but we also have a right to dress up as what we want to be.

"Why So Serious?"
    Ok but this is a KIDS event mainly.. that's why it upsets me. This is for my sisters, not for some adults who just want to pretend to be psychopaths for the night.

I think the most obvious reason _not_ to dress up as the Joker is that it's shaping up to be the most popular Halloween costume this year. Easily 1/3 of the costumes I saw at Comic Con this year were of TDK Joker.

I don't the visual presentation is the issue... In fact, last year, I went to the NSSHP as Luffy with a prosthetic scar instead of the usual drawn-on one because I'm a sucker for detail...
    http://www.slocartoon.net/slike/opis...p_image002.jpg

But I would consider what a character represents. If you must do the Joker, aim for a non-Heath version. And if you must show up as Light Yagami, be warned: Zac Efron Is Kira

• A Weather Eye Open

Quote Originally Posted by haunted_hottie View Post
    I just don't see how anyone would want to dress at The Dark Knight's Joker for Disneyland... it's a really dark character that makes a pencil disappear in the most amazing way! Having the Joker in the park would be too dark, too violent...

Now if this were the original Cesar Romero (?) Joker, then MAYBE. But what would Joker be doing in at Disneyland in the first place? Other than a costume, he really has no business in The Park.
    because people don't necessarily want to wear only disney costumes to disneyland, especially kids who don't differentiate between what cartoon and movie characters are from what studio (a lot of adults don't bother thinking about that either, as evidenced by how many people say their favorite disney princess is anastasia.). they want to wear whatever their halloween costume will be, and the joker is a great halloween costume in general because he's fun, recognizable, and scarey.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by twobluestripes View Post
    the joker is a great halloween costume in general because he's fun, recognizable, and scarey.
    Oh yes because a psychopathic killer is just so much fun /sarcasm. The joker killed cops in the movie.. my family has a HUGE problem with that one and doesn't see that as entertainment. I really hope they keep jokers out of this event.

• Resident Daydreamer

I'm sure we'll see plenty of Jokers at the event
    Your Life is an occasion, so rise up to it.

• Ride The Road To Destiny

Well if I do go I'll be dressed up as Batman disguised as Bruce Wayne lol.
    Rocket Rods 1998-2001 May you rest in peace.

"From the imagination of Walt Disney and NASCAR presents a second generation in Tomorrowland Rapid Transit. Rocket Rods V2!"

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    Whether the costume is scary or not, the other question is, would Disney allow a WB character wandering around their park?

Scooby Doo was walking around the park last year with Shrek and Donkey.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    Oh yes because a psychopathic killer is just so much fun /sarcasm. The joker killed cops in the movie.. my family has a HUGE problem with that one and doesn't see that as entertainment. I really hope they keep jokers out of this event.
    He was funny, that's one of the aspects of the joker. The dark crazy logic of madman. And yes he killed cops. He was a bad guy in a detective movie. The Hunchback of Notre Dame had a villian who used his religious position of power to satisfy his sexual desires. Many who were victims of similiar events in the Catholic church might not enjoy watching such a character, but it doesn't mean the character should be banned. Just because your family has a personal objection to a character, it doesn't mean the character should be banned outright. Pirates kill the British forces in the Pirates trilogy, and while I don't condone the murder of armed forces, I can also recognize the characters as a work of fiction and isn't meant to be an example of proper conduct.

And as for the comments about this being a kid's events, I believe it's actually a family event. Fun trick or treating for families at a Disney park. It's not like they turn away singles at the door. For kids who haven't seen the Dark Knight, and most shouldn't have, they will see the joker as a creepy clown. Just as scary as a creepy ghoul or a creepy ______. I know kids who find the Wicked Witch of the West to be scary, doesn't mean the character is too scary for a Halloween party. Yes, she's green, has exagerated features, messy hair, and tries to kill a little girl and her dog, but c'mon.

Disney should allow in all clean costumes. No sex, no gore. It's the Joker, not John Wayne Gacy. A fictional character from a comic book about a man who dresses up as a bat to fight crime.

And we're currently tied.

I hope I didn't screw things up since a person's answer to the Topic Heading would be the opposite of a person's answer to the actual Poll Question.

Should've caught that.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast