View Poll Results: Should Disney allow people to attend Mickey's Trick-or-Treat dressed as The Joker?

Voters
116. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

60 51.72%
  • No

56 48.28%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• www.JonAutopsy.com

Re: Is The Joker too scary for Mickey's Trick-or-Treat Party

Its been mentioned before but I'm giving my two cents: If you play it tasteful, I'd say go as Nurse Joker.
    "NATURAL BORN KILLERS"
    1st Place - MiceChat Gumball Rally 2012

JON AUTOPSY - FACEBOOK

• Adventurer

I'm sorry but it's Halloween and it shouldn't be all cute. It's a night that can be fun and scary all at the same time. I have 3 kids and if they get scared oh well. I know it's Disney so no matter who Mickey dresses up as it won't be that scary. I'd say go for the Dark Knight joker and make Mickey scary. Hehehehehehe. Save the cute stuff for Christmas.
    We're All A Little Mad

• Geoff London

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    If it's not child-friendly, then it shouldn't be worn.
    Totally agree. That's why WDW's party is entitled "Not so scary".....

If you really must be the Dark Night joker consider Universal's Fright Nights.
    Now I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic !

• Closed Account

!
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    don't be a weenie
    Sorry!

It is because of these types of characterizations and costumes why Disney stopped having this celebration over at Disneyland. In 1995 there were alot of strange costumes that were borderline risque for Disney and I don't mean by Joker standards. We are talking very little there!

The funniest I remeber seeing was the six foot Alice IN Wonderland dude who had biceps as big as my thighs! Very frightening!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Dopey5150 View Post
    I'm sorry but it's Halloween and it shouldn't be all cute. It's a night that can be fun and scary all at the same time. I have 3 kids and if they get scared oh well. I know it's Disney so no matter who Mickey dresses up as it won't be that scary. I'd say go for the Dark Knight joker and make Mickey scary. Hehehehehehe. Save the cute stuff for Christmas.
    I agree that Halloween shouldn't be that cute. But this is a DISNEY event for families. Thus people are gonna have to suck it up and go to Knotts, Six Flags, or Universal (there's such a lack of places.. /sarcasm) instead if they really want that fright factor.

• Beyond Your Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Professortango View Post
    He was funny, that's one of the aspects of the joker. The dark crazy logic of madman. And yes he killed cops. He was a bad guy in a detective movie. The Hunchback of Notre Dame had a villian who used his religious position of power to satisfy his sexual desires. Many who were victims of similiar events in the Catholic church might not enjoy watching such a character, but it doesn't mean the character should be banned. Just because your family has a personal objection to a character, it doesn't mean the character should be banned outright. Pirates kill the British forces in the Pirates trilogy, and while I don't condone the murder of armed forces, I can also recognize the characters as a work of fiction and isn't meant to be an example of proper conduct.

And as for the comments about this being a kid's events, I believe it's actually a family event. Fun trick or treating for families at a Disney park. It's not like they turn away singles at the door. For kids who haven't seen the Dark Knight, and most shouldn't have, they will see the joker as a creepy clown. Just as scary as a creepy ghoul or a creepy ______. I know kids who find the Wicked Witch of the West to be scary, doesn't mean the character is too scary for a Halloween party. Yes, she's green, has exagerated features, messy hair, and tries to kill a little girl and her dog, but c'mon.

Disney should allow in all clean costumes. No sex, no gore. It's the Joker, not John Wayne Gacy. A fictional character from a comic book about a man who dresses up as a bat to fight crime.
    Very well said!

Getting Some Skin Exposure to the Blackout

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234