• Unhelpful User

Smile DCA Preview Center......

when will it open..................

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Re: DCA Preview Center......

Walt Disney Imagineering Blue Sky Cellar (Resort Preview Center)
    Details: Originally planned for the San Francisco Street buildings, the Blue Sky Cellar is replacing the Seasons of the Vine Theater. Exhibits planned to rotate every 6-8 months.
    Project Status: In progress.
    Open Date: CM/AP Previews early October. Open to public October 20.
    From the Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Read into this... We do NOT want to bring up the "DCA PROBLEM", and rather focus on the "What Will You Celebrate?" theme. (aka we don't want the media to talk about DCA again).

Very similar to the first week that DCA opened.... No Beer Truck in the Pacific Wharf area when the media blitz was in town in Febraury 2001, but placed in the park the next day....
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

that don't make sense. according to many DCA alreaady has a bad image how does showing what its future will be like make it even worse. Actually the hordes of media would only help spread word of the ALREADY announced additions.

Again you are reading wayyyyyyyyy to much in to it

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Again you are reading wayyyyyyyyy to much in to it
    I can see Disney wanting this to go quiet for a while media wise though. Especially since their hand was forced by the whole SunCal thing. I'm sure they would love for coverage to more or less disappear so they can do a huge "reveal" when they want to.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    Read into this... We do NOT want to bring up the "DCA PROBLEM", and rather focus on the "What Will You Celebrate?" theme. We don't want the press to talk about it.

Very similar to the first week that DCA opened.... No Beer Truck in the Pacific Wharf area when the media blitz was in town in Febraury 2001, but placed in the park the next day....
    Ok...maybe it's just me but I am a lost on this logic and I am hoping one of you can help me out. Al's comment says (Bold mine):

"Editor's Note 9/7: The opening of the DCA Preview Center has been delayed a month by Marketing, even though the exhibits are ready and Imagineering's been scrambling to finish the 7min video for the giant TV. The original mid-Sept. open was nixed because the 18th is the day Jay Rasulo announces the '09 marketing campaign in NY; then comes the hype over Hannah Montana's Sweet 16 in early Oct.. To ensure the DCA "message" isn't lost in all of this, the Preview Center will now begin CM and AP previews the second week in Oct. with a formal open on the 20th. - Al Lutz"
    Which I must say, I don't think we ever received an official open date for the Preview Center so perhaps this was the plan all along...??? Just a thought.

Darkbeer says:
    Read into this... We do NOT want to bring up the "DCA PROBLEM", and rather focus on the "What Will You Celebrate?" theme. We don't want the press to talk about it.
    My question is: If you didn't want the press to talk about and you don't want to bring up the "DCA PROBLEM," then why would Disney delay the opening of the Preview Center (one of the main purposes of the attraction is to display changes that will "fix" DCA) so that it receives it's own spotlight and doesn't go unnoticed.

Logically, if they were avoiding the "DCA PROBLEM," as Darkbeer states, you would open during the other festivities so that it gets lost in the shuffle and avoids the press.

Maybe it's just me who's missing this??...
    "If you build it right, they will come." - Bob Iger

"I'm not a literary person. As far as realism is concerned, you can find dirt anyplace you look for it. I'm one of those optimists. There's always a rainbow." - Walt Disney

"I don't care about critics. Critics take themselves too seriously. They think the only way to be noticed and to be the smart guy is to pick and find fault with things. It's the public I'm making pictures for." - Walt Disney

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

OK, the BIG Press Event will be Sunday, October 5th with the Nationwide "What Will You Celebrate?" premiere party that features Miley Cyrus.

Lots of Media from the USA, Canada, Mexico and some other Central/South American countries will attend, and Disney will pick up a lot of the costs.

They will be here for a couple of days, including a lot of "Entertainment" shows like ET, Extra, Access Hollywood, TMZ, etc. which many call Tabloid like programs.

If you had the DCA preview center open, it is very easy to do a "sub-story" and then pull out the recent comments and editorials about DCA from the New York Times, LA Times, etc.

This is something Jay Rasulo and Disney Parks and Resorts does not want, they want a 100% positive message focusing on Magical Celebrations. Nothing new that is major is happening at DCA in 2009, so no need to focus on the park. I presume that the High School Musical 3 actors will be part of the October 5th event, and while they might "borrow" the HSM float and drive it to Disneyland, the show would be totally different than the new performance corridor event planned for DCA.

Then after the National Press event is over, and they all leave, then you can prepare a message for the local Southern California market, when DCA gets the worst reviews. But the October 5th event is "Disney Parks and Resorts", and the DCA Preview party will be a much smaller scale event, more than likely tied indirectly to the Anaheim City Council elections. (and one more reason it is being held in mid to late October).

So in reality, you have 2 different groups of people, each with their own agenda.

Heck, I think Jay Rasulo would love to only hear "Disneyland Resort" and not DCA on October 5th.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Hello

Cool Re: DCA Preview Center......

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    OK, the BIG Press Event will be Sunday, October 5th with the Nationwide "What Will You Celebrate?" premiere party that features Miley Cyrus.

Lots of Media from the USA, Canada, Mexico and some other Central/South American countries will attend, and Disney will pick up a lot of the costs.

They will be here for a couple of days, including a lot of "Entertainment" shows like ET, Extra, Access Hollywood, TMZ, etc. which many call Tabloid like programs.

If you had the DCA preview center open, it is very easy to do a "sub-story" and then pull out the recent comments and editorials about DCA from the New York Times, LA Times, etc.

This is something Jay Rasulo and Disney Parks and Resorts does not want, they want a 100% positive message focusing on Magical Celebrations. Nothing new that is major is happening at DCA in 2009, so no need to focus on the park. I presume that the High School Musical 3 actors will be part of the October 5th event, and while they might "borrow" the HSM float and drive it to Disneyland, the show would be totally different than the new performance corridor event planned for DCA.

Then after the National Press event is over, and they all leave, then you can prepare a message for the local Southern California market, when DCA gets the worst reviews. But the October 5th event is "Disney Parks and Resorts", and the DCA Preview party will be a much smaller scale event, more than likely tied indirectly to the Anaheim City Council elections. (and one more reason it is being held in mid to late October).

So in reality, you have 2 different groups of people, each with their own agenda.

Heck, I think Jay Rasulo would love to only hear "Disneyland Resort" and not DCA on October 5th.
    Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

I'm confused.

• Unhelpful User

so it was set up that way huh?

LinkBacks (?)

1. 09-10-2008, 10:23 PM