Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Mischievous Mouse

What do you think DL will be like 50 years from now?

I think the basic park will still be much the same as it is now, but I think there will be a lot more space utilization, more virtual reality type rides (esp in Tomorrowland). DCA will much more space utilized. Half the current parking space.

I did not have a vision or anything. Just my own guessulation.

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

• CM supporter

30 miles south of the happiest place on earth

Re: What do you think DL will be like 50 years from now?

Have you ever been to South Coast Plaza? It will look something similar to that if the marketing department keeps expanding.

Why half the current parking space? Aren't they already planning another mega parking structure?

• =)

I dunno what it'll be like, and while the thought certainly crosses my mind from time to time, I try to avoid thinking about it. I'm relatively sure that some great things will have left the parks, and equally sure that some new ones will have entered it. I just...I dunno. I hope Disney doesn't forget what makes Disneyland so special.

• Mischievous Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by dlandjimmy View Post
    Have you ever been to South Coast Plaza? It will look something similar to that if the marketing department keeps expanding.

Why half the current parking space? Aren't they already planning another mega parking structure?
    Smaller cars, better mass transit.

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    I dunno what it'll be like, and while the thought certainly crosses my mind from time to time, I try to avoid thinking about it. I'm relatively sure that some great things will have left the parks, and equally sure that some new ones will have entered it. I just...I dunno. I hope Disney doesn't forget what makes Disneyland so special.
    I agree. That's why I believe (hope) it will be subtle and efficient use of space, while maintaining the sprawling theme of "park" environment.

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

god ill be 70 that just depressed me, I know Ill probably get slammed for this but I believe the only thing that will remain the same with Disneyland will be Main Street I think all other lands or attractions will be removed, changed, or plussed in some way.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz-c7Ees4QQ

Come Celebrate with us, we can't wait to meet ya!

• Dreamer

Stockton, CA..350 mi away from DLR but that never stops us!

i dont know, i love detail. im thinking real animals in Jungle Cruise, real actors instead of the animatronics so much. obviously, they cant get away from animatronics completely but definitely more realism.

and MORE, just MORE. i love the fact that DLR is more 'concentrated magic' as opposed to WDW massive areas but, Disney basically owns Anaheim and could take over the entire city with DLR, imo.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by DLcastmbr View Post
    god ill be 70 that just depressed me, I know Ill probably get slammed for this but I believe the only thing that will remain the same with Disneyland will be Main Street I think all other lands or attractions will be removed, changed, or plussed in some way.
    Main Street? The same?? Have you seen the thread discussing just how Main Street has degraded and changed over the years?

Anyway, I fear Disneyland will in no way look as it does today. Can I even see it going the way of Coney Island? Yep.

If not, this is what I see, based on the trends currently forcing the direction of the Park: Slowly, lands will disappear (See, e.g., Frontierland). Details will disappear (See, e.g., Main Street; Fort Wilderness); independent, immersive self-sustaining theme will disappear (See, e.g., Pirates Lair). Disneyland will continue to follow the Universal Studios model, creating attractions based on movies and/or TV shows, which will only be "relevant" for a few years--which, of course--will gnerate wonderful short-term profits and repeat attendence from AP holders (See, e.g., Battlestar Gallactica, Jaws, E.T., King Kong, Back to the Future, Water World, etc...). Cartoons, and Pixar cartoons in particular, will be the inspirational element in creating new attractions. Irrelevant classics will be tossed by the wayside.

Soon, there will be a loose federation of Park districts, which will all be almost identical in terms of theme, or lack thereof. Uniqueness will be lost in the Park. Thrill rides will continue to be wedged in, if possible. Merchandise will be homogenous.

Bleak, I know. In fact, the more I think about it, Disney already knows EXACTLY what Disneyland will look like in 50 years. They're quite prophetic, you know.

You see, they built a full-scale model of DL2058 a mere 100 yards from Disneyland's front gate.

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

The future is unpredictable for Disney nowadays. In the next 50 years, who knows? I personally think that Disneyland will probably stay the same, with maybe some upgrades here and there for the attractions. I'm guessing the biggest revamp will be in Tomarrowland, with the possibility of the Peoplemover coming back, and putting the Astro Orbitor back where it belongs. They will probably upgrade some of the Fantasyland Dark Rides, and maybe some of the attractions will get major "Start -from -scratch" overhauls (the way Space Mountain was done.)

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    Main Street? The same?? Have you seen the thread discussing just how Main Street has degraded and changed over the years?

Anyway, I fear Disneyland will in no way look as it does today. Can I even see it going the way of Coney Island? Yep.

If not, this is what I see, based on the trends currently forcing the direction of the Park: Slowly, lands will disappear (See, e.g., Frontierland). Details will disappear (See, e.g., Main Street; Fort Wilderness); independent, immersive self-sustaining theme will disappear (See, e.g., Pirates Lair). Disneyland will continue to follow the Universal Studios model, creating attractions based on movies and/or TV shows, which will only be "relevant" for a few years--which, of course--will gnerate wonderful short-term profits and repeat attendence from AP holders (See, e.g., Battlestar Gallactica, Jaws, E.T., King Kong, Back to the Future, Water World, etc...). Cartoons, and Pixar cartoons in particular, will be the inspirational element in creating new attractions. Irrelevant classics will be tossed by the wayside.

Soon, there will be a loose federation of Park districts, which will all be almost identical in terms of theme, or lack thereof. Uniqueness will be lost in the Park. Thrill rides will continue to be wedged in, if possible. Merchandise will be homogenous.

Bleak, I know. In fact, the more I think about it, Disney already knows EXACTLY what Disneyland will look like in 50 years. They're quite prophetic, you know.

You see, they built a full-scale model of DL2058 a mere 100 yards from Disneyland's front gate.
    This has got to be the most depressing post I have ever read on Micechat...

Half the parking space because we will all be flying around and using air escalators like the Jetsons.
    When hinges creek in doorless chambers, and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls, Whenever candlelights flicker, where the air is deathly still, That is the time when ghosts are present practicing their terror with ghoulish delight.

Welcome, foolish mortals, to the Haunted Mansion!

• I love Disney

ill be head imagineer of wdi in 50 years
    Come join me and my co-hosts to learn all the latest news about the amusement park industry and disney LIVE! every Tuesday at 7:30 est time on http://amusementradio.com/
    or listen to all are shows at http://www.coastineastpodcast.com/
    Remember to Sit Down, Strap In, and Coast On

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Worse then Main Street turning into Skid Row or Cashiers giving away Chinese quarters? NO WAY.

Seriously I hope to be alive for the 100th anniversary. I've already instructed my daughter to have a great time without if I'm not there.

• Animation Domination

Yeah, I don't think Disneyland will have big changes in the future. The only big change will be the prices.
    Anyways Tomorrowland usually changes about every 20 years.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    Worse then Main Street turning into Skid Row or Cashiers giving away Chinese quarters? NO WAY.

Seriously I hope to be alive for the 100th anniversary. I've already instructed my daughter to have a great time without if I'm not there.
    That, and don't forget about Mr Potatohead using a modern day microphone.

What is my beloved DLR coming to?

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    I'm not here to blow sunshine up anybody's skirt.

Sometimes we need to look at problems square in the eye--confront what we don't want to look at. I call 'em as I see 'em.

Others can play the Pollyana role. Others can delude themselves into thinking the Park is the absolute best it's ever been. That's fine, and I'm really glad they enjoy the place.

I remember a better time. I remember a better Park. I see a disturbing trend line. Sorry if that depresses you.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast