• Nill

Indiana Jones 3D Ride:New Blog!

Alrighty......I joined the bandwagon and made a blog for the 3D Indy Ride I've been working on. I'm one of a few people making a model of this ride....and I'm the one making it an actual on-line, multiplayer game.

All pictures/videos will be posted there now.....or rather links to the pictures and photos.

The map is not downloadable yet.....I still have got some more modelling to do for it. But I do plan to finish it some day!

Here's the URL for my blog. The Indiana Jones Adventure: Counter-Strike Source

My Flickr Photostream. Flickr: msteeldrums' Photostream

The ride on YouTube. YouTube - Indiana Jones Adventure - CS:S Version

Oh.....and if anyone knows how to make avi files smaller.....or maybe even convert them, I'd love some help! For the ride video on youtube, I had to let it upload for over 12 hours! It was over 800mb in size....for under 4 minutes! If I can lower the file size, more videos will be possible. Thanks!

• whatever

Re: Indiana Jones 3D Ride:New Blog!

I checked out your Flickr Albums. What software did you use?

• =)

Woo hoo! This is one instance of copycattage that I'm very happy about.

• 11/7/08 Fantasmic Returns

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Woo hoo! This is one instance of copycattage that I'm very happy about.
    I'm not quite sure I would call it 'copycattage', his project is different than yours. His will be used in a game, yours is more to just look at and view.

Not trying to take away from what either of you are doing, they are both challenging feats.
    ....You think your so powerful? Well this is my dream....

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by Club 33 Mike View Post
    I'm not quite sure I would call it 'copycattage', his project is different than yours. His will be used in a game, yours is more to just look at and view.

Not trying to take away from what either of you are doing, they are both challenging feats.
    No no! My use of the word "copycattage" was entirely tongue-in-cheek. I was only talking about the switching to a blog format, anyway--he referred to it as "jumping on the bandwagon." I think Burt's project is amazing, and you're absolutely right that it's different from mine in cool and interesting ways. Sorry for any confusion!

• E T1CK3T

So, you can actually play the level? I'm not familiar with CS, so idk how it works... apparently you can animate things and make them move lol. Didn't know that. I enjoyed the video on Youtube! Great work!

• Animator in Training!

looks like he used maya from the flickr pictures is that right?
    "If you can dream it, you can do it."-Walt Disney

• whatever

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Dude View Post
    looks like he used maya from the flickr pictures is that right?
    I looks like it's called Hammer, I think. I wonder what it is...

• 11/7/08 Fantasmic Returns

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    No no! My use of the word "copycattage" was entirely tongue-in-cheek. I was only talking about the switching to a blog format, anyway--he referred to it as "jumping on the bandwagon." I think Burt's project is amazing, and you're absolutely right that it's different from mine in cool and interesting ways. Sorry for any confusion!
    Believe me if I had the dimensional information, and the time, I would create a 1:1 scale solid 3D Cad modle in Solidworks. I would then print it out on a full color 3D printer, and have my own miniture models at whatever scale I want!
    ....You think your so powerful? Well this is my dream....

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by Club 33 Mike View Post
    Believe me if I had the dimensional information, and the time, I would create a 1:1 scale solid 3D Cad modle in Solidworks. I would then print it out on a full color 3D printer, and have my own miniture models at whatever scale I want!
    That would be sweet! You need to get the dimensional information, the time, and the money for the 3D printing, and do it!

• Nill

Alright, time to answer some questions....

The game can be purchased from "Steam". "Steam" is a client side program which allows a user to buy, download and play different games while logged into their service. When you buy some game (not sure which, either CS:S or Half-Life 2), you get a program called "Source SDK". This has the mapping program which allows level creation in the game.

The program is called "Valve Hammer Editor". There are two versions. The first, older version is for an older version of counter-strike, "Counter-Strike 1.6" to be exact. Then "Counter-Strike: Source" was released, and has a "source" physics engine. The physics engine has allowed me to make the Chamber of Destiny operate identically to the real thing.

And yes, once I release the map, and people can download it, they can play it themselves. They can also create servers for many other people to play on it. Of course, for the non-CS:S players, I will post you-tube videos.

Any more questions?

hahaha, so you're the one making this!
    I stumbled upon it on Youtube while looking for other crazy, model-making fans.
    Excellent, now I can read up on it too =)

Am I right to assume this is playable in the Counter Strike game sense? I could imagine it being fun to have teams standing on different trucks trying to shoot the other

• Nill

Well, I'm not sure how it will be played in the sense of normal counter-strike gameplay. Getting people to stay on the EMVs would be impossible. I'll likely name it an fy_IJA map or something. For the non-CS players, "fy" basically means a fun map, with little or no point in playing it other than goofing around or exploring.