Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Planning my next trip

Fighter Jet Flyover 9/9

So yesterday, I was walking from the hub towards the Matterhorn a little after 6pm (just before the parade) when a military Jet flew right over the park. And let me tell you, he was really punching a hole in the sky; it was LOUD.

I dont think I've ever seen (or heard) anything fly over the park before. Quite out of the ordinary AFAIK. Seemed like everyone stopped in their tracks to watch, it was a scene right out of a movie.

Anyone know what the deal is?
    Last edited by rokketride; 09-10-2008 at 02:03 PM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Re: Fighter Jet Flyover 9/8

Happens quite often. Don't know why except that they are probably practicing intercept maneuvers over urban air space. Every so often you will see the fire fighting aircraft practicing near Disneyland air space as well.
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

• 1st Visit: 7/23/1955

Could have been our boys flying out of Los Alimitos Air Station which is, as the jet flys, just minutes from the park. The park is just outside of their landing pattern. With the 9/11 anniversary coming it's very possible there are Def Con (Defense Readiness Condition) exercises taking place. Yup, they fly low and loud 'cause "That's the sound of Freedom!" Give 'em a wave and say "Thank you!"

• I'm not really here

Military jets flying over is always an amazing sight. Dopey's Girl answered that one pretty good I'd say.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Minion

ORGOCH: Look here, ducks, ya's got it all wrong. The REAL reason ya been seein' them jets flyin' over Dizzyland is 'cause a my no-good sister, Orddu. Ev'ry time Dizzy Management gits wind that the tramp's in the neighborhood, they goes an' hires goverment jets ta chase her away whenever they sees her ridin' her broom stick over one a the parks. Best defense they got goin' agin such a theme park hag! She ain't been able ta land her skinny rump roast even one time ever since they been sendin' them jet things after her! So ya oughtta feel a bit safer knowin' what ya just read.

• 11/7/08 Fantasmic Returns

I saw a group of about 5 dual rotar helicopters fly over in formation last month. Its a cool site to see. If you ever get a chance to attend a military airshow, do it. There is no event that will make you feel more patriotic then seeing a F117 stealth fighter fly by at nearly 600 miles an hour.

There was also this low flying plane that came in real low over the castle one night just before the fireworks. It came in over Adventure land, and banked left just over the top of the castle and went out over toon-town. They had delayed the show 'in hopes of better conditions', and about 2 minutes after it flew over, they started the show. Could it have been a weather plane?
    ....You think your so powerful? Well this is my dream....

• E T1CK3T

There's been an increase in activity at the Los Al air base this past month... I've seen many jets, new and old, cross the skies, as well as plenty of copters. My guess is that they are gearing up to maybe be shipped overseas for the conflict w/ Russia that boiled up at the start of the Olympic Games. I wish I could have seen that flyover though...

Quote Originally Posted by Dopey's Girl View Post
    "That's the sound of Freedom!" Give 'em a wave and say "Thank you!"
    so say we all!

• 1st Visit: 7/23/1955

Cool Re: Fighter Jet Flyover 9/8

Quote Originally Posted by SeaWolf38 View Post
    There's been an increase in activity at the Los Al air base this past month... I've seen many jets, new and old, cross the skies, as well as plenty of copters. My guess is that they are gearing up to maybe be shipped overseas for the conflict w/ Russia that boiled up at the start of the Olympic Games. I wish I could have seen that flyover though...
    I lived under the landing pattern for Los Al. Huge fun! Saw the Blue Angels, Thunderbirds, Air Force One (at night, under a full moon with landing gear down, so low we waved to the pilot), and countless other birds. George HW Bush used to go over in Marine One to go the the Hilton across from Disneyland. (He liked their clam chowder.)

• Crockett's Explorer Guide

Yeah, Disneyland does exist in the real world, and it so happens that its position in said world is near several military bases.

I see them all the time, no big deal.

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Britt took some awesome photos of the jets!!

• Oo-de-lally

I have seen this a few times as well. I thought at one time the park had a no fly zone law or something but that was a long time ago.
    Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally
    Golly, what a day

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

I believe that it has been lifted.

• Planning my next trip

Quote Originally Posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
    I believe that it has been lifted.
    Even if it hasnt, I would bet that the military is exempt.

Looks like some see this a a ho-hum subject, seemed out of the ordinary for me. In 25+ visits in the last year and a half, cant say I ever remember it happening.

• 11/7/08 Fantasmic Returns

Quote Originally Posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
    Britt took some awesome photos of the jets!!
    Britt Deitz is actually more well known for his aircraft photography than his Disney stuff. That guy has gone up in so many famous planes, and had the oppurtunity to photograph so many different aircraft.
    ....You think your so powerful? Well this is my dream....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 09-10-2008, 02:56 PM