Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• I'm not really here

Traffic conditions

Haven't made the drive in over a year now... can I get some current construction/traffic pattens from the locals?

Coming in from the north on I-15 southbound. What's the best route to DLR?

West on the 210, 60, 10 or 91 to the 57 South?

In the past we've done the 210 and 60 and it seemed to be ok. We'll be coming through about 5pm.

Thanks in advance for any advice or information on best route.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• CM supporter

30 miles south of the happiest place on earth

Re: Traffic conditions

I don't come from that direction, but 5pm sounds like a rough time frame.

• Cake Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Haven't made the drive in over a year now... can I get some current construction/traffic pattens from the locals?

In the past we've done the 210 and 60 and it seemed to be ok. We'll be coming through about 5pm.

Go west on the 60, that is an easier transition to the 57 than the other freeways.
    Taking contributions to get me back to Disneyland!

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

I've never come in from that direction but I do agree that 5pm is a difficult time to be driving anywhere in the LA area... if you have internet access (via phone or laptop) you could always check SigAlert.com for up to the minute traffic updates. That site was really helpful for my friend and I when we were driving down in the winter.

Have a safe drive!
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Leaving from around 5pm isn't too bad (since I commonly head down to the area after work - High Desert area).

I would take the 15S > 210W > 57S, then exit Ball. The 210 is generally less crowded in the late afternoon (since most people are traveling from LA to the IE, and not out of it) - the 60 is generally full with local traffic.
    -Monorail Man

• Rock Star Minion

What day are you coming? Today??

As I suggest to everyone coming in from out of town:
    1. KNX 1070 AM for traffic on the 5's.
    2. KFWB 980 AM for traffic on the 1's.
    3. Arrange with someone to be at an internet-connected PC and call them every 1/2-hour or so, or 10 minutes before any major decision, and have them check www.sigalert.com.

My only suggestion: wait more two hours. And check Angels baseball schedule for games at that time.

Also: this is a travel planning thread. Should be placed in the proper forum.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• I'm not really here

Coming in tomorrow night. Will probably hit the 15/60 interchange about 5pm.
    Thanks for the radio stations. Those will help. We'll have access to sigalert which will also really help.

There is an Angels game starting at home at 7:30 so there will be some traffic going to the stadium. We're planning on exiting at Ball Rd instead of Katella. Of course Lincoln is still an option if Ball gets busy during pregame hours.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Rock Star Minion

Do note that you'll likely only be delayed an hour or so if you are delayed. It will be a sucky hour, but not the end of the world.

Not sure if you'll have access to Google Maps (you do if you have internet access), but I also recommend the more tactile Thomas Guide Map. In the hands of an experienced navigator, it will be invaluable. Yes, I do not trust a computer to guide me as much as I do a Thomas Guide Map.
    Pick up a copy at a nearby Costco for real cheap (50% of list price). This is in case you have to drive surface streets for any amount of time, for some extremely unusual reason. A San Berdoo/Riverside edition and a OC/LA County version.
    You won't need to update them for a good ten years or so.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• I'm not really here

I always keep a nice, up-to-date, tactile city road-map atlas in the car. It comes in handy in lots of situations.

Thanks for all the tips and suggestions everyone. Sounds like the plan is to use the 60 and check the radio as we get closer.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Coming in tomorrow night. Will probably hit the 15/60 interchange about 5pm.
    Thanks for the radio stations. Those will help. We'll have access to sigalert which will also really help.

There is an Angels game starting at home at 7:30 so there will be some traffic going to the stadium. We're planning on exiting at Ball Rd instead of Katella. Of course Lincoln is still an option if Ball gets busy during pregame hours.
    Alway if the duck and angels play at home, That I hear allway the 57 fwy get slow
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

We travel the 210-57 route. Because you're going the opposite way of traffic, there should not be issues. However, if I were going down the 15, I would take the 60 because then it is carpool lane all the way to Ball Road (right after you get on the 60). The carpool lane has its own exit onto the 57. Plus, I would not worry about Angels traffic. We've never had problems down the 57 because of it.

But after saying all that, listen to the traffic reports and be prepared to make changes based on SigAlerts.

Living right off the 15, I agree with the 15 S, 210 W, 57 S, Ball Road West. At 5 PM, it's your best bet. While I do like the carpool lane and new transition to the 57 S, at that time of day it can be dicey on the 60.

Have a good trip and a great time at the Park! Drive safe, Southern California drivers are a bit, shall we say...FAST.

• I'm not really here

Thanks again everyone. I'm okay with fast.... coming from Utah where I'm not sure why they even bother putting turn signals on the cars, I'll welcome the SoCal drivers as a blessing =D

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Goof@Heart View Post
    Drive safe, Southern California drivers are a bit, shall we say...FAST.
    Well, unless there's a traffic jam.

• Rock Star Minion

Thanks again everyone. I'm okay with fast.... coming from Utah where I'm not sure why they even bother putting turn signals on the cars, I'll welcome the SoCal drivers as a blessing =D
    Post when you arrive, if you have the means.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast