• Done waiting!!

Christmas speculation!

As the castle decorations wrapped up last year it was rumored that the budget was authorized to extend the "snow" effects down Main Street as well. Can anyone confirm or deny if this is going to be reality? Also I'm wondering if they're building a big support pit for the artificial tree could that mean that they aren't going to need the support cables overhead? Eliminating those could allow for some much larger Christmas parade floats!
    I'm literally a born Disney fan! I was born at Providence St. Joseph Med Center right across the street from Disney Studios in Burbank. The same hospital where Walt died.

By the way my shirt in the pic says "I like big sharks and I cannot lie"

• Banned User

Re: Christmas speculation!

I have heard of these reports, & they do seem pretty likely to happen. But as usual with Disney, things can always change.

• Hello

Cool Re: Christmas speculation!

I,ve always thought they should do this all the way around Matterhorn. You know, Mountain, snow, get it? Good!

• A Weather Eye Open

Quote Originally Posted by Peoplemover Priit View Post
    I,ve always thought they should do this all the way around Matterhorn. You know, Mountain, snow, get it? Good!
    they wouldn't even have to put the white stuff up, since it's already got it, just the pretty little lights! haha.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Actually, the Matterhorn could use some fresh paint. There used to be a thread about "global warming" affecting the Matterhorn over the years

I think Disney will shell out the $$$ for upgraded snow decor. I think the real question is what materials they will use...the icicles on the castle last year created some controversy on the boards.

• Shubisha

that's the one thing that got me about last year.. how can that be snow when snow's right next to it and looks completely different

• Fireworks Finatic!

Quote Originally Posted by goofypirate View Post
    As the castle decorations wrapped up last year it was rumored that the budget was authorized to extend the "snow" effects down Main Street as well. Can anyone confirm or deny if this is going to be reality? Also I'm wondering if they're building a big support pit for the artificial tree could that mean that they aren't going to need the support cables overhead? Eliminating those could allow for some much larger Christmas parade floats!
    Don't forget that you still have the garlands that go across Main St from one side to the other which still can not allow tall floats for the Christmas parade.

As for the snow, I have read that the Castle will have the snow as before, but this time have the LED lights in it all the way around the Castle, not just the front half. As for extending that snow down Main St, do not know yet. But supposedly the new artificial Christmas tree will also have similar snow and lighting as the Castle. Also, you might want to keep your eyes on the Matterhorn in the evening. Hopefully that comes true as I can imagine it would look pretty cool.

• Follow me on Twitter!!!

I can't wait to go for the holidays this year! I went back in 2006, but I missed the cool snow effects on the castle last year so I'm definitely looking forward to that!
    *~*~*Prince Dalton*~*~*

• =)

I have no idea what will happen, but what I'm hoping for a similar display this year, but more properly fleshed out. No mysteriously missing bits of snow, hopefully a slightly more realistic look, better hiding of the lights during the daytime, and coverage around the back as well. As for snow along Main Street...I don't think there'd be all that much to look at, since so much of it uses flat roofs, unlike the castle. I like the idea, though, and if it were actualized in a quasi-realistic fashion, it could be cool.

As for the Matterhorn...meh. I'd probably like it just fine either way. Although the idea of the Matterhorn sparkling like that at night is somehow not quite appealing to my brain, I wasn't all that enthusiastic about last year's castle decorations until I saw them at night, so...who knows.

Whatever they do, I just don't want to see areas where they seemingly forgot to add the snow!

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by goofypirate View Post
    Eliminating those could allow for some much larger Christmas parade floats!
    There wouldn't be larger floats in A Christmas Fantasy Parade because of the wreaths that go across Main Street

but Snow all the way down Main Street would be interesting, but ALOT of money... I think.

Last fall I remember artificial snow falling on Main Street. It was a cool effect. Disneyland's prime time is now, but holiday Disneyland is special in its own way. The coffee and the chocolate taste better, the people waiting for the parades are friendlier, and spirit pervades the air.

• Minion

Blog Entries

I really hope that they do more with the effects they introduced on the castle last year... Those effects were so amazing...
    Please help me raise money for children's hospitals by clicking the extra life image.

• Premium Youngling and

I really hope that they expand on the concept of the new snow down Main St. this year!

Well, I think that doing the LED effect down Main Street is possible, but very unlikely. They may do something with the area imediatly surrinding the hub, but I don't think the whole street is in the cards, at least not this year.

They may do some cool LED effect with the new tree tho. I think that is a strong possibility. In fact, it may be one reason they are going with a fake tree this year as installing this particular type of LED effect is very tedious and time consuming. It is better to have the permanently installed on a tree that will last for several years.