Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Smile holidays at disney

Hello, I'm a newbie to the forum but definitely not a newbie to disney. I've been to the resort many many times (especially this summer). I've never been there during the holidays though and I'm excited that I'll be going in 2 weeks for the opening day of halloween time and I'll also be there around december for christmas, so my question is, is there anything I need to see that I wouldnt know about since I've never been there for the holidays. I don't want to miss out on anything that I didn't know. I'm really super excited.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: holidays at disney

Small world Holiday, NBC Haunted Mansion, and the snow on main street after the fireworks. Have a great time and welcome to micechat!!

Food wise I love the pumpkin fudge for October.

• Cake Anyone?

The Candlelight Processional is a must!
    Taking contributions to get me back to Disneyland!

• Hello Dolly.

Its going to be my 1st time being at Disneyland during Christmas too and i cant wait. never been during Halloween i hope u have fun. Is the snow on Main Street really ice or its just foam or something like that.
    Last edited by BlAcKoUt510; 09-11-2008 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlAcKoUt510 View Post
    Its going to be my 1st time being at Disneyland during Christmas too and i cant wait. never been during Halloween i hop eu have fun. Is the snow on Main Street really ice or its just foam or something like that.
    It's more like soap.

Quote Originally Posted by woodwinked View Post
    Hello, I'm a newbie to the forum but definitely not a newbie to disney. I've been to the resort many many times (especially this summer). I've never been there during the holidays though and I'm excited that I'll be going in 2 weeks for the opening day of halloween time and I'll also be there around december for christmas, so my question is, is there anything I need to see that I wouldnt know about since I've never been there for the holidays. I don't want to miss out on anything that I didn't know. I'm really super excited.
    Some have already been said so I'll add:

Carolers on Main Street
    Candy Canes from the shop on Main Street (line forms early for these)
    Christmas Fantasy parade

Disneyland at Christmas is my favorite time of year there. I could spend hours just walking around looking at all the decorations.

• Banned User

Depending on how many times you're going in December and if Small World is going to be open in time, I'd say one of the best things to do during the holidays is catch the fireworks in the Small World plaza.

• We Want The Redhead

Now Living in Eden Along The Lake Erie Shore In The Furthermost Reaches Of Western New York State

If you are bringing kids, be absolutely sure to visit Big Thunder Ranch for both holidays. Halloween shows and Xmas shows are a ball at the ranch.
    That's also where Santa Claus lives up until Xmas eve, along with his reindeer and Mrs. Claus who also greets the kids and leads cookie decorating.
    At night, the decorations in New Orleans Square are exsquisite, and not to be missed, as are the decorated and lit trees outside of Big Thunder Ranch.
    Big sure also to visit 'it's a small world' for not just the float through, but at night the light show which is projected onto the facade of the attraction. 'Snow' machines are located at that plaza as well.
    Fireworks are also retooled for Xmas, but are quite often cancelled due to high winds.
    Toontown though not offering any special shows is redecorated with Xmas decorations themed to each of the individual buildings, and many of the characters are specially dressed.
    Each season all the planters throughout the park are also replanted with whatever is seasonally in flower, so be sure to enjoy all the foilage.
    Many shops on Main St. are also specially decorated, so check those.
    Many of the restaurants and eateries also feature special goodies for the holidays and Halloween.
    Xmas also sees carollers and bell ringers strolling Main Street.
    there's PLENTY to look for!
    First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
    First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
    BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

• Knight that says Nee!!

It looks like everyone hit all the great stuff. Take time to soak in all the great details in the decorations that will be all over the park. It's a wonderful experience. We'll be there this year in December.

Welcome to Mice Chat!

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

My kids had such a good time at Big Thunder Ranch last year. The holiday treats and fireworks are always wonderful. But Big Thunder Ranch was relaxing and fun. They loved seeing the reindeer and decorating cookies(that were oh so good!) and the younger one had fun doing crafts.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• <3

Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Blog Entries

This December will be my first ever holiday trip, too. I mean, I've been during Haunted Mansion Holiday in October before, but never later than that. I'm so excited!

This didn't really help with your questions, did it?

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    Mark Twain

• Oo-de-lally

Just the atmosphere in the park at Christmas time is amazing. Holiday Haunted Mansion, Snow after the fire works show, Christmas lights on Small World, lights on the castle, the big Christmas tree at the front of main street, all the decorations on main street and the rest of the park. All of that makes any trip unforgettable.
    Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally
    Golly, what a day

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Yeah, about the lights on Small world, make sure you stick around long enough to see the projected "Nutcracker Suite" video on the front of Small World. It is amazing and happens about every 15 minutes.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I am visiting Disneyland at Christmastime for the first time also. I am excited about all the wonderful holiday things I will be able to see and experience.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Can I request one little thing please? It's Disneyland, not Disney.

OK. Now that that's out of the way, I think my favorite thing with DIP Jr is decorating a gingerbread man.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast