Page 1 of 39 123411 ... LastLast

2008 Candlelight Processional (Merged)

Hi everyone?

My wife and I may be heading to California the first week of December and we may want to attend CandleLight. Heard it is great! How do you get tickets, what is it like, etc? I obviously know very little. Any suggestions would be great!

Re: CandleLight in December info?

It is a very amazing event... Even more so if you actually have the seats. The price... how much you pay for them... is unknown to me, but I know the tickets are on the pricey side. Good thing that the money raised by the event goes to charity. I'm not sure which ones... but you know.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

There were three or four threads on this last year. All I can say is...good luck. I tried hitting that website as soon as it was open, got through to the credit card section and.....nothing.

I hope they have the computer power to make it first come, first served this year. Last year's ticket sales were a debacle.

• Shenanigans.

Last year a website was setup, which crashed for the second year in a row. If I remember tickets were 65 or 75 all the way up to 125 per ticket (price included dinner at a specified restaurant and a seat to the "show", the price was dependant on where you choose to dine)

I went last year however, and I just stood there for about an hour and half. It was free (no extra cost outside of the park entrance) and I had a great time. I did not feel like it would have been worth the cost to have a seat and be able to see Jane Seymour a little better. That's just my two cents, but if I go again this year, I'm not going to go out of my way and jump through hoops, just to give Disney more money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristocat View Post
    I miss David.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginarella View Post
    All I know is that David is a pimp Gryffindor.

• We Want The Redhead

Town Square in front of the train station (not the paid area) was a mob, but everyone had their best Xmas spirit and were as friendly as could be. I went with my 7 year old, we laid down a blanket and had a great time. Sight lines were non existant for her, so she was on my shoulders, but still it was quite memorable. Jane Seymour was the least of it. The general pagentry and music were stupendous.
    On a side note, the wife and I finally did Walk In Walt's Footsteps (the tour) last week. Our guide said that up until a couple of years ago, celebs who were taking part in the procession and reading would wait to go on inside Walt's firehouse apartment, but that one celebrity was found doing something unsavory up there, at which point it was locked for good! He wouldn't say just who this 'celebrity' was, any fellow readers know? Hmmmmm?
    First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
    First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
    BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

• Take me to Disneyland!

Candelight Processional Weekend

Hi everyone,

My husband and I are planning a trip to the Disneyland Resort December 3-7 of this year. I read that the Candlelight Processional is happenening the 6th and 7th (courtesy of Darkbeer's Monday in the Park article, thanks for those great articles and pictures). What are those days like? Will the park reach capacity early in the day or anything like that? I have tried to search around about this and saw that Main Street will be extremely crowded and the train will be closed for most of the day. Does the rest of the park operate while the processional is happening, like attractions? Do you have to have any special tickets to see the processional? Any info would be helpful. Thanks!!

• Banned User

Re: Candelight Processional Weekend

You have to buy tickets to have a seat for the Candlelight Processional. Those will go on sale later in the year. (And, they go fast!)

Last year, we were there during it, and, we got a great spot standing up...and we had a terrific view of it all. They let people stand in areas and rope it off. I'd get there early to be able to view it though because the standing room area got pretty packed. I know the tickets were sold online last year and they went FAST. I wasn't able to get them (and we were there for our wedding anniversary). They can be pretty spendy too, so, if you just want to see what it's all about....you can stand if you don't mind standing for a good couple of hours before it starts.

• Take me to Disneyland!

Thank you for the info I Heart Disneyland.

Does anyone else have some insights for me?

Sure can.
    CP takes place in Town Square, with the "stage" being on and in front of the train station. It's on Saturday and Sunday (I believe the first Saturday and Sunday of December), with two performances each evening, weather permitting. There's a large reserved-seating area in front of this "stage", but also some non-reserved seating (some extra park benches set up in rows, etc) if you get there substantially early. Depending on where you stand, you may have trees partially in the way (for example you might not see the trumpeters on the train station roof), but it's still worthwhile. If you're at the back of the standing area, you might have to put up with hearing traffic CMs directing people the whole time, which is detracting. At the beginning of the show, the choir proceeds down Main Street from near Plaza Inn.

It'll be more or less a normal day in the parks otherwise, although you'll of course have fireworks-size crowds in Town Square and a for a while leading up to the shows. There'll be a line going up Main Street you can wait in if you want to get a place for the show ahead of time.

The reserved-seating tickets include a meal at at your choice from three of the higher-end restaurants in the resort (three price ranges, last year's was around $75 to $125 or so), with a maximum of six per table. For the first show of each evening, you'll probably be going to dinner as early as 3pm.

• Take me to Disneyland!

Thank you HighLeveller for the helpful information.

I do look forward to seeing it as I have seen pictures all my life in the Disneyland books.

•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

I got the Napa Rose dining package last year. I was right on the very front row. It was worth every penny.

Candellight Processional

I am sure this has been asked and discussed before but when is it this year?

Re: Candellight Processional

No replys? Really????

Is it that nobody knows or the information is not avaiable yet?

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Welcome to MiceChat lolaluvsbruno!! You will find we usually do have a lot of information around here, but sometimes it takes a while for people to reply. Message boards are kind of slow sometimes.... occasionally you can post a message and within 5 minutes have two pages of replys.... sometimes it takes a few hours or a day to get an answer. It all depends on who is online at the time and if who ever is around knows the answer.

But I was wondering the same time myself the other day. I had heard it would be the weekend of Dec. 6th and 7th, but I couldn't find anything anywhere online. I was thinking about going that weekend, but if its going to be to crowed I might wait a week. WDW has their schedule up, but not Disneyland yet. Unless I missed it somewhere.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

Past years the announcement has been mid-September, with tickets on sale in November.

Page 1 of 39 123411 ... LastLast