Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Photo Question

• Halloween Haunt Fan!

Photo Question

I have been looking at alot of peoples photo updates and was wondering were you guys like to take most of your pictures at the park and why. I personaly love to take pictures around main street because its old fashion and i love it.
    Counting down the days to Halloween Haunt!!!! Knotts Berry Farm
    I love True Blood sundays!

• Don't lets be silly! o

Re: Photo Question

I personally like to take them in Disneyland.

• Yeah.....

^ smart-@ss, lol

• CM supporter

30 miles south of the happiest place on earth

Anywhere in the park at night is my favorite. Although, there are a couple shots that I haven't been able to get something I like: the castle and HM, but HM will have to wait for a while now since it's holiday set up.

• Silent Lucidity

With not having to pay to develop photographs anymore, I take photos of everything, everywhere in the park! Sometimes I get lucky, lots of times, just delete them!

• CM supporter

Oh, I forgot to say why. Well, I like the night because all of the lighting feels more magical to me. Also, I like the effect I can get with water with slower shutter speeds. And the biggest reason I like night is because I usually don't get to Dland until around 5 or 6pm, so I guess I have to like night shots.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dlandjimmy View Post
    Anywhere in the park at night is my favorite. Although, there are a couple shots that I haven't been able to get something I like: the castle and HM, but HM will have to wait for a while now since it's holiday set up.
    I agree with this, except I rarely get to do this. While I like to take shots in all parts of DL, I generally tend to hang out in NOS and Frontierland about three times as much as the rest of the DLR. I probably spend the least amount of time in Tomorrowland and Toontown.

• www.JonAutopsy.com

Quote Originally Posted by disneyhound View Post
    Sometimes I get lucky, lots of times, just delete them!
    Exactly. I've taken a few shots here and there around the park and, more often that not, they get deleted. However, I've taken a few photos that I've even stopped and said "Wow, that turned out pretty good!".

I have a lot of my Disneyland pics on DeviantArt.com but since that site is blocked at my work, I don't know the actual link to my pictures. If you type in Autopsy Photography, my profile should come up (and no, I dont have any pictures of actual autopsys, fyi ).
    "NATURAL BORN KILLERS"
    1st Place - MiceChat Gumball Rally 2012

JON AUTOPSY - FACEBOOK

• Disney is home

I take pictures mainly of the parades and the Princess Fantasy Faire. Unfortunately, I do not have any time to come to the park for a full day and take pictures. My favorite spot was Ariel's Grotto. Guests did not have to have the feeling of being rushed and were able to have some great moments with Ariel. This was the easiest place for me to get the most magical pictures.

Click the link below to see what I mean:
    Ariel - a set on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMouse View Post
    I personally like to take them in Disneyland.
    I second this response. I don't really have a favorite time or place, but I really like the details.

• =)

My first order of photographic business is always to seek out the areas that no one else ever shoots yet I'm planning on building in my model. Reference photos are unbelievably helpful, so if I can't find the shot I need online, I take it myself. I end up with shots of the back of the Indy entrance temple, the Haunted Mansion Holiday FastPass area, the buildings near the NOS bathrooms...stuff like that.

But things get really interesting when I find ways to peek backstage. Never trespassing or anything like that...don't worry. Disneyland is incredibly well-crafted for hiding its backstage areas, and I have enormous respect for its design for that reason. But on the rare occasion when some little bit of an unthemed or behind-the-scenes area is visible to me, I'm very quick to take photos of it. That's how I end up with shots of the first Pirates of the Caribbean show building from the Indy queue, or the patch of unthemed land between the Haunted Mansion and Splash Mountain, or the glowing eyes of the Matterhorn's first abominable snowman with the lights on, or the Indy show building from the train, or even the back-of-house-areas from the parking structure and the sidewalk of Disneyland Drive.

I'm thorough.

My favorite photos are on Flickr, if you want to see the madness.

• CM supporter

Hey Data, I think we just need to keep a word document with our answer to this question that we can copy and paste. It would save us from a little carpal tunnel.

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by dlandjimmy View Post
    Hey Data, I think we just need to keep a word document with our answer to this question that we can copy and paste. It would save us from a little carpal tunnel.
    Indeed! How long has it been...a couple weeks? No more than that, I think.

• Queen Elsa

Quote Originally Posted by Donald1980 View Post
    I take pictures mainly of the parades and the Princess Fantasy Faire. Unfortunately, I do not have any time to come to the park for a full day and take pictures. My favorite spot was Ariel's Grotto. Guests did not have to have the feeling of being rushed and were able to have some great moments with Ariel. This was the easiest place for me to get the most magical pictures.

Click the link below to see what I mean:
    Ariel - a set on Flickr

You had to show that place again didn't you. Now I'm going have to cry again >).

Anyway for me as most of you know I take pictures of the characters speacilly my Aurora. >D.

• Disney is home

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Hook's View Post
    You had to show that place again didn't you. Now I'm going have to cry again >).
    I know, it's a bummer it being gone. I do look forward to seeing the fairies, but still wish Ariel got to keep her home.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast