Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• I love Disney

Exclamation The nicest thing a dl cm has done for you

Well this thread you can talk about how a cm help you and/or made your day "magical". Ill start. My family and I went to disneyland during this easter break on my sisters birthday which was also easter. So we went to the disneyland hotel easter buffet. We tell the cm that it is my sister birthday and he brings out this huge cake for free just for my sisters birthday. Thats just my two cents.
    Last edited by Ryan Imagineer; 09-13-2008 at 03:58 PM. Reason: misspelling
    Come join me and my co-hosts to learn all the latest news about the amusement park industry and disney LIVE! every Tuesday at 7:30 est time on http://amusementradio.com/
    or listen to all are shows at http://www.coastineastpodcast.com/
    Remember to Sit Down, Strap In, and Coast On

• Delawarean Girl

Re: The nicest thing a dl cm has done for you

Manage to put a B as in Hayley B on a name tag.

Last time we went, my parents and I went to watch the show at the Golden Horseshoe. We had never seen the show before.
    While my parents were buying refreshments I asked a cast member if people were allowed to sit in the balcony. She said no but asked me how many people were in my party. I told her that there were three of us and she said that we could sit in the booth to the right of the stage. This was Walt's private booth when he was alive. This was a huge honor for me, as I am a huge Disneyland fan and Walt Disney fan. We took lots of pictures and had a great time watching the show.

I'm not sure if this was a Year of a Million Dreams things or if people have been selected to sit in the booth all along but it was one of the most awesome things that a cast member has ever done for me.
    A little bit about me...
    First Disneyland Trip: Oct. 1989
    Mandatory first ride: POTC
    Mandatory food: Clam chowder in bread bowl & a churro (not at the same time though)
    Next trip goals:
    1) Ride the Casey Jr. Circus Train. I didn't get around to it on this past trip.
    2) Get over to TSI.
    3) Try a jalapeño/cheese pretzel. Yummy!

I think I shared this before.

When Monsters, Inc. first opened and the lines were a bazillion hours (OK...two) long...my friend and I waited in said line. She's in a wheelchair and can transfer. Well...a lot of times it is easier to wait, but she prefers to transfer so that's OK, too.

Anyway, there were other guests who also had someone in their party in a wheelchair and none of them spoke much English. Between getting them situated and the bit of extra time it took my friend to transfer...the ride timed out. Because we were near the stop light she couldn't just transfer back into her chair...we were to high up. We waited for the Fire Dept. They got her out and back to her chair and tried to exit us through a emergency exit. The line was still there! S

Cool thing #1 was we were able to walk through the entire ride...something I haven't had a chance to do on a dark ride since the old Pass Holder Party days! #2 was my friend kept joking about the cast member buying us Cokes. When we got back to the start and then got on the ride, when we got off we were given vouchers for drinks!

• =)

Saved me 60 bucks by signing me into the park!

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Saved me 60 bucks by signing me into the park!

AGREED! these are the perks of having friends who work for DLR. thank you friends =)

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

I've shared this before, but a CM who was working Cast Member Preview for TSMM let my brother and I on just because she could. It was really sweet.

• =)

Oh yeah, and the same cast member (while not working) managed to get the two of us into Indy's FastPass line without FastPasses, since my bus was leaving soon and we wouldn't have time otherwise. She's a member here, too...you know who you are...THANK YOU!

• 525,600 minutes...

three blocks from the happiest place on earth

i ran into ms. queenie out of costume once, and i asked her if i could get a pic with her. she oblidged. she said she had remembered me from one of her performances (i see them alot), and to stop by later to see her perform. later that day, i was walking by one of her performances, and i here her say "hi sugar" right between two lines of her song. i turned to see her waving at me. it really made my day.

Die Vampire, Die!!!

• Dreaming of Disneyland

When I was there in July, a CM let me have my own boat on PoTC. It was such a cool experience and it was super nice of her to send me through, since she really could have waited for the people who were walking up.

• A Weather Eye Open

i'm just going to copy/paste my reply to another thread about CMs, in case anyone on this thread knows the CM I'm talking about!

Don't think I've ever had an unexpected encounter with a CM. BUT I had a great waiter at the Blue Bayou (I think named Roy) who tracked down a Monte Cristo for my first visit there even though lunch service had ended 15 minutes prior. He was such a friendly guy, too.

My sister and I also had a really great Jungle Skip last November. (I forgot his name, but she might remember later) I haven't seen him since then, however.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

I really wanted to get the Darth Vader photopass picture in front of Tomorrowland. I went by that area multiple times a day looking for a photographer and stopped in PhotoSupply to ask. On my last day there, I checked with a CM taking pictures by the Partners statue and he told me to check with Photo Supply to see if they could find someone who could take the picture. About 10 minutes later I was back out by the Partners statue and someone gave a lightsaber to the very CM who had advised me to check out Photo Supply in the first place.

They told me that the Darth Vader shot can be tricky to get because they don't always have someone out there, so I really appreciated the extra effort.

• Better Butter Battle Vic

Blog Entries

My family and I were in line for Nemo, and a friendly CM was talking to my daughter who mentioned that it was her birthday, he mentioned the birthday button and I explained that we were going to go back to city hall later and get the button but hurried in the park to get to Nemo, he said he would see what he could do, and 15 minutes later he tracked us down in the line of hundreds and gave her a birthday button, he even colored in 4 of the mickeys on the cake since she was turning 4. It really made my daughters day, and the line didn't seem so bad.

• The Pirate Girl

Quote Originally Posted by twobluestripes View Post
    i'm just going to copy/paste my reply to another thread about CMs, in case anyone on this thread knows the CM I'm talking about!
    I've had that happen to me at the Blue Bayou too! I was so happy. I love the Monte Cristo.
    For certain you must be lost to find the places that can't be found. Elseways, everyone would know where it was.

• Banned User

I don't know where to begin, I've been an APer for 4 years now and have encountered many many nice CMs who have made my day at the park. I think overall I've really appreciated the sympathy I've gotten at the park during the times I've had a broken bone (broke my arm and then broke my foot the next year and the year after). Characters would sign my casts, entertainers in the parades would go the extra mile to get a smile out of me, and CMs were just really helpful when I was stuck in a wheelchair.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast