• Favorite movie ever

Blog Entries

Unexpected CM Surprises

I'd like to share an experience I once had.

I was at a Sunday meet in July, and while I was talking to an MCer about my voice and diction class, and I told them that the reading I was assigned to recite was "The Jabberwocky" from Alice In Wonderland. While I was talking, a Photopass CM came up and he started to recite it. It was amazing because he knew the WHOLE thing! Even though he didn't really say all of it, to me that was completely unexpected! It made my day.

What unexpected surprises did you ever get from a regular CM?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra5drgntKOI

I'M LOOKING THROUGH YOU...WHERE DID YOU GO?

• =)

Re: Unexpected CM Surprises

"You wouldn't happen to be that 'Disneyland in 3D' guy, would you?"

That was a surprise.

• Off to Neverland

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker View Post

I was at a Sunday meet in July, and while I was talking to an MCer about my voice and diction class, and I told them that the reading I was assigned to recite was "The Jabberwocky" from Alice In Wonderland. While I was talking, a Photopass CM came up and he started to recite it. It was amazing because he knew the WHOLE thing! Even though he didn't really say all of it, to me that was completely unexpected! It made my day.
    haha! that's awesome!!!

----------------
    Now playing: "Stray Dog" by Bobby Dupea
    via FoxyTunes

• A Weather Eye Open

Don't think I've ever had an unexpected encounter with a CM. BUT I had a great waiter at the Blue Bayou (I think named Roy) who tracked down a Monte Cristo for my first visit there even though lunch service had ended 15 minutes prior. He was such a friendly guy, too.

My sister and I also had a really great Jungle Skip last November. (I forgot his name, but she might remember later) I haven't seen him since then, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post

That was a surprise.
    Haha YES!
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• Banned User

I had Goofy sneak up and tap me on the shoulder one time, it was pretty funny.

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

I was taking pictures of the flower beds on Main Street and a CM came up to me and was like, "It would be really cool to put some Disney character figurines in with the pictures you're taking. Make cool action shots or scenes from a movie." I thought it was a cute idea.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

I had a bellhop from ToT inquire about my pictures that I was taking. He was astounded that I didn't need flash for it and was rather thankful for that. He told me about some little details that I should take pictures of and went on my way. I was pretty grateful for that.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• Far too curious

A month or so ago, when some friends and I were standing in line to get into the Innoventions building, the CM at the front grabbed the microphone and decided to play a game with the group of people waiting. We played the alphabet game, where you start with A(obviously) and name every Disney character you could think of before moving to the next letter. Once everyone seemed to be done guessing for the letter B, the CM says "Hold on, I think there's one more. This character is from Beauty and the Beast(not Beast), can anyone guess?" and I yelled "Babette(the feather duster)!" and the CM was, like, seriously jumping for joy. She said "Thank you! No one else has gotten that, and it was starting to make me think that I was making it up. I felt like I was crazy!"

That was surprising to me. I mean, I know most CMs know their stuff about Disney, but a lot of people just don't know about that particular character.

• or CBF

Goofy tapped my shoulder, I turned around and he blew me a kiss. I'm a dude. 'Nuff said.
    MHTSEIAHTECTESVEIBIECSETR

Find me on:Facebook / Twitter
    (Send me a message saying you are from MC)

• Ravenclaw

I was waiting to load on ToT and the CM at stager was probably well over 6' (I'm 5'2"). I was minding my own business in my own little world, when I sensed a presence behind me. This really tall thin CM was standing behind my back and leaning over looking straight down at me. I looked up, and almost looked away in time for me not to notice. I turned back around and he did it again. By this time everyone in the queue was on to the game, and people were laughing their heads off. I looked up again but this time he turned my head back around for me

--nick--
    Amnesia used to be my favourite word, but I forgot it.

I was getting on POTC one time and as I sat down I looked at the CM on the right watching the rear boat and said in my best pirate voice "Rrrrrr". He just looked at me with a look of consernation and said "No, it's 'W' today!" The group I was with and I laughed about it the entire ride.

A few years ago my friends and I were at Disneyland and we wandered into the music shop on Main Street and while inside one of the CMs (male) began singing "Chim Chim Chere", it was such a nice surprise. He had a wonderful voice. I was in love!

I was at Disneyland in Feb and we ate at Cafe Orleans. The waiter was OUTSTANDING! Our entire group is still talking about how amazing he was and the level of service he provided. We had a rather large group so when we ordered 8 hot chocolates he said "It's going to be a bit because we have to make them." less than 3 minutes later they were all at our table. Our appetizers came quickly and were perfectly followed by the meal. Another friend joined us during the middle and the waiter asked "Would you like anything?" "No thanks" but awhile later commented "That hot chocolate looks good I..." *BAM!* it was set in front of him (no kidding, that quickly. Our waiter had to be magic) and as we were leaving he gave us a to-go box filled with "pirate booty".

• MC, this is LD

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post

That was a surprise.

No!!!!

Well maybe....

Dang. You caught me...

• Confused One

This was back in 96 I was at the e-ride night and getting on POTC as I walk up to the cast member he says ARR. I told him ARR and we just back and forth saying ARR. Then he points to the boat saying ARR. I told him ARR and got in then I hear coming from the doc ARRRRRRRrrrrr. Kinda funny. I was the only person down there so it was kinda fun

A few years back I was in DL for my birthday and in line for POTC with some friends. Of course I was wearing my birthday sticker and the CM at the front of the line saw my sticker and yelled out "Hey everyone! We've got a birthday girl up here and I need everyone to sing Happy Birthday to her!"
    The ENTIRE POTC line (which was long cuz it was a Saturday afternoon) sang Happy Birthday to me!
    It was the sweetest thing ever! I filled out a comment card for her on Main Street that night because I was soo touched at the gesture!
    A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes....