Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

9/12 - Indy 101, Frontierland, INSIDE IASW, Nighttime at DL and more! (Photo Heavy!)

So I went up to the parks yesterday (by myself) and had a few cool things happen!

The day started off with a fun CM at the turnstiles, before letting us in to Main Street to pile up for rope drop. He was talking (shouting) out to the whole crowd waiting to get in (hyping us up), that Disneyland was going to open soon. He brought in a family and made them the "family of the day" and had us ALL shout out the count down, and then "Let the magic begin!!" It was really fun, and I love that he loves his job so much.

After rope drop, I was heading to Indy, as I wanted to be first on. Well, many other people had the same idea, and were too anxious to just walk in, so I gave up on that idea, and headed for Pirates. And lo-and-behold, I was FIRST!! And they even gave me my own boat, with no one in a boat for quite sometime behind me. I had the ride to myself, basically. And let me just say it is entirely different going through this ride when NO ONE else is there talking, or anything. I could actually hear the soundtrack and scenes much better, and it was like I made this discovery, of place no one else has ever seen. It was truly amazing. I hope I can experience this again, someday.

I next went over to Splash Mountain, and again, got my own log. I went around, and when I got back into the station, there was no one there, so they let me go again! They also had the water turned down a bit (esp. on the last drop), because I didn't get all that wet. Not that you can really tell in this picture, though.

I then rode through a building full of Pooh.

After that, I decided to explore the Temple of the Forbidden Eye, with Doctor Jones. Upon reaching the doors to the Hall of Promise, our EMV stopped. I was also able to see the room spinning into place for the next EMV at this point. Very cool. Shortly after, the house lights came on, and it was announced we were going to be walked off. So, like a good MiceChatter, I snapped away, but had my camera put away when it came time to get out.

I didn't want to take this one with a flash, because I knew the picture wouldn't come out right- most likely too dark where it mattered, and too bright where it didn't.

Of course, I do wish I had been further inside when this happened, but I am happy I got to experience even this much. But, if anyone else was there, do you know what happened? I couldn't hear the CM that told our group, as she walked by.

They gave us all re-admit passes. Which I did not use. I'm a bit of a collector, ok?

I now decided I wanted to go to Fantasyland, but on my way I was distracted by Monorail Red, and the fact that it had people in it! I couldn't pass this up! So I bolted after it, and just made it on. I really like it, and it's a nice ride. A bit bouncy, but smooth. It was also a little warm inside, but nothing horrible.

Obligatory logo/plaque shot

I really like this picture (except for the derelict condition the Rocket Rods track is in.)

And now for some shots during my trip:

Look at all those bicycles!

(I also have a video I took from the DTD station into Tomorrowland station, that I'm uploading to YouTube right now. I'll post it in here once it's ready.)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=EkHHc1aMqXU

Once off, I rode Autopia. And I found out I can drive it alright if I can get a car with the steering wheel on the left, because my right leg (for the gas pedal) isn't cramped and can easily press on the pedal, then. Because of that, the ride was a lot more fun than the last time I rode. I'm 6'4". You do the math on how well I fit in there.

I rode Space Mountain, with only a 20 minute wait, and then Star Tours. There were a couple of stupid teenagers that were screaming and being COMPLETELY obnoxious throughout the entire ride, and even the others in their group were trying to get them to shut up. They were that bad.

MOVING ON... I had a 11:40 lunch reservation at Blue Bayou. I decided on the Royal Street Seafood Jambalaya. VERY delicious, with lots of yumminess in it. There were some Jazz musicians playing softly on the balcony above, which really helped set the mood. At another point, some of the Bootstrappers wandered around, talking with guests. It was fun!

Thar be one of them no-good pirates, now! Avast, ya scurvy scum!

That's it for now!

Next up: Random Frontierland shots, some flowers and then over to California Adventure!
    Last edited by dland_lover; 10-06-2008 at 09:31 PM.

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

Re: 9/12 - Indy 101, Frontierland, INSIDE IASW, Nighttime at DL and more! (Photo Heav

Great pictures! Can't wait to see more.

• Favorite movie ever

Blog Entries

Re: 9/12 - Indy 101, Frontierland, INSIDE IASW, Nighttime at DL and more! (Photo Heav

Great pics! I loved the pics of Indy with the lights on- very cool.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra5drgntKOI

I'M LOOKING THROUGH YOU...WHERE DID YOU GO?

• =)

Very cool TR! Your Pirates experience sounds like an amazing way to start off the day. Then an Indy breakdown?! Dang! Congrats, and thanks a million for the photos! Very intriguing look at the Chamber of Destiny. I also greatly appreciate the two backstage from the monorail...anyone who takes shots like those is okay in my book.

• Addicted to MC since '08

Great Pictures and I can't wait for more!

IMO, I like the old Monorail recording over the new one. The old one just seemed to be more comfortable and soothing when you need a relaxing ride or just wanted to take a ride. The new voice seems to, I don't know, annoying. That's just my opinion .

Anyway, thanks for the great pictures and exciting adventures. Can't wait for more!

EDIT: Nevermind about the monorail thing, now that I listen again it sounds like a live person is talking. Oops.

• Senior Monorail Minion

Not sure, but we have a big mouse in town ;)

Disneypro, I was there yesterday. It is a live voice because Red iis having big problems. On the way from the TL station to the DTD station, I was in the cab w/ the driver, and we E-stopped 3 times. Yes, full emergency brakes and all. The autospeil isn't working on it either. Look for my trip report soon y'all!
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

• Don't lets be silly! șoș

Thanks for the update, always nice to see others enjoying Disneyland by themselves!

• Nill

Awesome Indy pics!!!! These will definitely help me make my model more accurate! Thanks so much!

• =)

Haha, I immediately thought of you, Burt. Well, you, and me, and this other guy I've talked to online...

• Nill

Haha....I think I know who you are talking about too! Its cool, because in one pic you can see the steel frame for the rotating room. Its about 1.5 feet above the door. Its pretty far up, and if you don't know what it looks like then it'll be harder to see.....but its always fun to see something in the real world when its in your model..... I know you know what I mean Data, haha

In fact, I'm pretty sure I can see the socket for the chain that moves the room. Its slightly to the left of the center of the picture.

• Animation Domination

Man, I should have gone yesterday. Oh well maybe I'll go on Friday Sept. 26.

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Awesome Indy breakdown shots.

Keep em' coming!
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• Collision speed....FULL!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPro View Post
    Great Pictures and I can't wait for more!

IMO, I like the old Monorail recording over the new one. The old one just seemed to be more comfortable and soothing when you need a relaxing ride or just wanted to take a ride. The new voice seems to, I don't know, annoying. That's just my opinion .

Anyway, thanks for the great pictures and exciting adventures. Can't wait for more!

EDIT: Nevermind about the monorail thing, now that I listen again it sounds like a live person is talking. Oops.
    That's not the new spiel, thank god. I think its just a CM showing off (because he knows the narration). A recording like that is something that Disney wouldn't do.

• Addicted to MC since '08

Thanks Eric5675 and Nautilus for the update! I am so glad that it's not the recording or else I'd have to plug my ears the whole ride.

Anybody have any idea when Monorail Red is supposed to be in full operation, or are they still kinking with it?

• or CBF

Awesome Indy pics dland_lover!

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMousePal View Post
    Man, I should have gone yesterday. Oh well maybe I'll go on Friday Sept. 26.
    Hey MMP, did we ever report what we saw on Indy on Sunday?

If not, we (MMP, DisneyIPresume, Rex Dopey 24, Seawolf, and I) saw the maintenance bay doors right in front of the loading dock open and close with vehicles entering it.
    MHTSEIAHTECTESVEIBIECSETR

Find me on:Facebook / Twitter
    (Send me a message saying you are from MC)

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 09-14-2008, 12:52 AM