Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PAP Vs. DAP?

• That Guy

Question PAP Vs. DAP?

Okay, so I am going to DLR next week, and I hope to run into some of you guys!

Here is my question. I want to upgrade my four-day park hopper to an AP. Initially I was gung-ho for the PAP, due to the extra discounts, etc. After looking at the DAP blackout calendar, I really think I should save a bunch of money and just get the DAP. I am not that big into crazy crowds, so I would never want to go during the blackout days anyway. From what I read, I could always pay a little bit to get in those days.

So, is there ANY logical reason to upgrade to a PAP? Oh, as for parking, we stay at hotels that include parking, so that doesn't really factor in either. I guess with the DAP you don't get shopping discounts like the PAP, but what can you do?

Sorry for the lame question, I just need your expert opinions.

Thanks!!

• The one, the only...

Re: PAP Vs. DAP?

I think you might be on the right track. DAP has almost the same discounts, but does not include crowded days. I am considering getting an AP soon and am coming down to the same place. DAP is a better value for me than a PAP. (It would be nice to just have a PAP for the feeling of PRESTIGE it might give me! )
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Thanks for bringing this topic up and let me apologize first by saying I know less about the AP program than yourself, so I can't answer your question. However, on the same topic, my wife and I have been discussing getting APs this year. However I was leaning towards the DAP, but with the school aged children we would need to attend during at least some of the blackout dates. Max you brought up if you have a DAP, you can pay extra to enter during blackouts.

So for my lame questions, how much extra do you have to pay to enter during a blackout day? Parking doesn't matter here either but the AP site I found just states you get a discount on packages and staying at a DLR hotel, so how much of a discount?

Thanks from me too

And Max, have a great trip!
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• Minion

I got my first AP in July...I am not sure how many trips I am planning on taking this year for sure, but two or three of them will be during blackout days for deluxe...so I went with PAP!
    All depends upon when you will travel!!
    Any day at Disneyland is a Happy Day!!!!

• That Guy

DLandAZ,

From what I have read, it is $30 to get in on a blackout day, which still isn't too bad. I just am wondering what the motivation would be to get a PAP? I guess if you want to go on blackout days, but like I said, the days that are blacked out, I wouldn't dream of going there anyway.

I would like the extra discounts, but even as an F math student, I know that it would take a lot of shopping for the extra cost of the PAP to pay off.

• Rock Star Minion

How many blocked out days do you plan to go? If none, then DAP. If, what, 3 (?) or more, then PAP.
    How much do you plan to spend on items that have a discount differential? Depending on discount differential, the difference in cost could be made up in discounts. I think it has to be a lot, though.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• 'Taint sure it's puddin!

Quote Originally Posted by Max Fischer
    DLandAZ,

From what I have read, it is $30 to get in on a blackout day, which still isn't too bad. I just am wondering what the motivation would be to get a PAP? I guess if you want to go on blackout days, but like I said, the days that are blacked out, I wouldn't dream of going there anyway.

I would like the extra discounts, but even as an F math student, I know that it would take a lot of shopping for the extra cost of the PAP to pay off.

Yea, the things that make a PAP important to us are the very ones that aren't as important to you, so I would probably go with the DAP. We love the parking and the discounts, but the main reason is that my wife teaches, so we can only seem to go on blackout days anyway. Stupid ?, but what is the price difference between the 2?
    "Search the boat...."
    First works spoken by Captain Nemo (James Mason) in the Disney classic - 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

PROUD Member Of................

Do you MiceChat?
    There are several ways for you to help support the site you love:
    - visit the MiceChat store
    - Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page
    Whatever you do, your help is much appreciated!

• insufferable know-it-all

Can somewhat remind me what the current price differential is? And how much is the parking add-on. Max, if you don't need parking, I have a feeling DAP might be enough for you. However, if you need to be able to park at the DLR, remember to add the cost of the parking pass to the cost of the DAP (because if you're going to get your money's worth out of the pass, you're going to get your money's worth out of the parking). Now compare the price differential with the cost of buying one blockout day pass. If the difference is only a few bucks, you need to consider it carefully.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon
    Can somewhat remind me what the current price differential is? And how much is the parking add-on. Max, if you don't need parking, I have a feeling DAP might be enough for you. However, if you need to be able to park at the DLR, remember to add the cost of the parking pass to the cost of the DAP (because if you're going to get your money's worth out of the pass, you're going to get your money's worth out of the parking). Now compare the price differential with the cost of buying one blockout day pass. If the difference is only a few bucks, you need to consider it carefully.
    Currently, it is $329 for a PAP (including parking), $209 for DAP and $40 for parking. For us, we get PAPs. We spend the week between Christmas and New Years there each year, plus a week during the summer. If it wasn't for Christmas, I would just get the DAP.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• insufferable know-it-all

Okay, so $249 for DAP with parking. Blockout day pass is what, $30, I think? So DAP with one blocked-out day comes to $279... yeah, it's looking like not too bad a deal now.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon
    Okay, so $249 for DAP with parking. Blockout day pass is what, $30, I think? So DAP with one blocked-out day comes to $279... yeah, it's looking like not too bad a deal now.
    Yep and without parking and 1-blackout its $239 which saves $90 per AP. So for my family of 4 thats another $360 (which I'll just blow at DLR anyway )

Thanks everyone for the info!
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• That Guy

I really appreciate all the different perspectives on this, you guys are great. I know that I will not want to visit DLR on the peak days, so I am not worried about that. I read on another post that they are going to give all APers discounts 10%? on food at DLR. Do you guys know if you get any merchandise discounts with the DAP? I always have to buy a watch from the store accross from INDY, and the discount would be nice!

• See what I got?

We are 4 1/2 hrs from DL and own the DAPs. My reasoning for that is this: a)usually the block-out days are so busy we don't want to be there anyway. b)I like to stay at hotels across the street and can therefore walk to DL. c)Even if I park, it's not enough to make up the difference in cost.

P.S. Must be a heck of a drive from Kazakhstan

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

I kinda like having blackout days, just because I'm afarid of how often I might go without them They're mostly holiday times, when I wouldn't want to go anyway. And I work Saturdays, so having Sat. in the summer blocked out isn't a deal for me. It was basically a price thing that did it for me... PAP was still way too much more money than DAP with parking.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• That Guy

Quote Originally Posted by lafantasma
    P.S. Must be a heck of a drive from Kazakhstan

Yes, it is tough, especially in the back seat of my cousin's BRAT. I travel long distance, but when I get to DLR, I say, "I love DLR- Do you love DLR?"

NICE!!!!

High 5!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast