The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

Re: Southern California...Veni, Vidi, Vici! A different sort of Trip Report

Excellent job. I'm glad you had such a good time here in our State

• Circle of Ancients

Love the TR!!!

• Goofy

wow wonderful shots. im glad you had a fun time. thanks for sharing.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Wow Nancy, I very impressed by your scrapbooking talent. This is a must read for my wife, she loves scrapbooking as well and there are some amazing ideas in there.

Thank you!!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Very cool!! I haven't done a lot of scrapbooking (although I have TONS of supplies) and its was really nice to see your pages and get ideas! You have some fantastic layouts!

Thanks for sharing your vacation in this unique and wonderful way!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

Awesome! Awesome! Awesome!

What a unique way to show us your trip. Looks like it was wonderful and it was great to see how you put together your memories.

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

What a wonderful trip report! I love seeing scrapbook pages, it's so much more fun to look at. You did a very nice job too! I love all the souvenirs, stickers, and all the other little extras you included. Thanks so much for sharing your trip with us!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Excellent job Nancy. Your pages are an inspiration to me.

Trip reports are one of my favorite parts of MiceChat. We get to hear about the great times that people have had in their lives. We also get to see just how talented our MiceChatters are.

• <3

Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Blog Entries

This is a wonderful trip report. Very different! The pages came out wonderfully and I'm so glad you shared. I don't scrapbook but this really made me want to.

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    — Mark Twain

• Happy Memories

Excellent TR! I love seeing creativity in these things and it looks like you had a really wonderful trip!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by Nancywitt View Post
    We had a wonderful time in CA. I love that state. We were there for only six days so we had to pick and chose what we were going to see, DL being the most important and then the pandas at the zoo. I think we did a good amount in the time we had. We are not huge beach fans, but we had to dip our feet in the Pacific Ocean. I knew I wanted to get a taste of Hollywood and that's all we had time for, a taste. It turned out to be a good thing since my kids thought it was a strange place full of strange people (All over Hollywood Blvd were people dressed up as characters from movies and you could get your picture taken with them. A grown-up version of taking your photo with "characters.") I guess they thought it was strange since this was real life and not a theme park.
    Were you surprised by how cold the ocean is off of the So Cal coast? Many people who have never been there before are surprised by this.

And good thing you were able to experience the real "seedy" Hollywood. Makes one appreciate the Disney Parks versions of Hollywood even more.

But in general I loved this report! It was a really unique perspective. Very enjoyable!

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

Wow you guys, thank you for all your kind words. I am actually a bit emotional right now. I didn't think I would receive such nice remarks. I guess that is why I love MC. Sometimes I feel I don't contribute much to MC because we only go to the parks once a year or so, but this time I thought I had something to share. I'm glad you all liked it and that it may have inspired some of you to take up scrapbooking again or to try it for the first time. We have a great club for scrapbooking here on MC if you are a gold member.

Quote Originally Posted by Alice's Wonderland View Post
    So pretty! And what is the price of gas on the pump? I can't read it.

I love the stitch in the jungle cruise, minnie in Haunted Mansion and Daisy in SM. Are these stickers? It's something new I haven't seen!
    I edited my pictures to include the price, 5 cents a gallon! And the Disney characters I used were from a kid's meal box we got at the resort. On our first day there we hung out at the pool while they got our room ready. The family next to us ordered a kid's meal and it came in this wonderful box with these great pictures. I turned to my kids and told them we had to get kid's meals while we were here so I could get those boxes for my scrapbook. They know me by now and just rolled their eyes and ordered some food.

The fun thing about it is that the pictures on the box are rides that they either love or tried for the first time this trip, so it really worked out.

And Autumn, you gave me the idea of taking pictures in restaurants and everywhere I normally would not have. I loved your scrapbook pages on your trip to WDW after graduation. I told myself I would copy some of your ideas, so thank you for that!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Excellent job Nancy. Your pages are an inspiration to me.
    Thank you Barbara, but you are the inspiration to me! Your pages are truly amazing and I must admit I stole some of your ideas. You like to take tons of photos too and use them in the most creative way, that is what I tried to do on this set of pages. Just take tons of photos and edit them out later. Thank you for your kind words and for showing us here at MC your masterpieces!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Were you surprised by how cold the ocean is off of the So Cal coast? Many people who have never been there before are surprised by this.

And good thing you were able to experience the real "seedy" Hollywood. Makes one appreciate the Disney Parks versions of Hollywood even more.
    I have been to CA many times before and knew the ocean was cold, but my boys were a bit surprised. Where is the ocean warm, they asked. For that boys you need to go to Hawaii or the Caribbean. But they wouldn't let the cold water deter them, in they went!

I think we need to show our kids the seedy parts of the world so they can 1) see that there are less fortunite people out there, 2) try to help them now that they know of the problem, and 3)strive to make their own lives as best as it can be.

Many people make fun of Disney for putting on such a clean version of real places, but I always feel safe in the parks and though I know it is not real, I can still take away a little bit of the fun and maybe even plan to visit the real locations one day. So I agree with you DisneyIPresume.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

When we were in California in 2006, we went to Laguna Beach. Because there were 8 of us on that trip, it was reasonable to rent a limousine. The driver who dropped us off at the beach, and picked us up later, said that the ocean water is cold, due to the fact that it comes down from Alaska.

My grandson, and his friends loved the beach, as did I. Nothing beats spending a day at the beach in the heat of the summer. Except, of course, a day at Disneyland.

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Awesome report!!! I loved it! Great job!!

• Winter in Oceanside...

Love your report Nancy! Good for you for getting all those pix into pages so quick!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast