Indy 101 (09-14-08)

So after the great meet and greet with fellow micechatters, my son and I went on Indiana Jones. 15-20 min wait, tops. Was awesome. We start out and go through a few of the scenes and when we come out of the bug crawling room, right before we cross the bridge in front of the rock skull, I see one of the transports stopped in front. Im like, "Uh oh." That doesnt look right. We stop right at the bridge and I know its coming. We sat for about 2-3 minutes listening to the spiel of technical difficulties. And then Whamo, the lights came on, music stopped. CM's came out and shut down our transport and informed us that we would be getting walked out of there.

10 minutes or so and here they come with the step ladder. We all exit and walk back the whole path we drove in the vehicle.

It was really interesting. Coming from a theater background, I wasnt surprised at all to see how the effects worked on the walls and painting. Very neat. Wish I would have taken pictures, but I didnt want to get yelled at. lol
    When hinges creek in doorless chambers, and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls, Whenever candlelights flicker, where the air is deathly still, That is the time when ghosts are present practicing their terror with ghoulish delight.

Welcome, foolish mortals, to the Haunted Mansion!

• E T1CK3T

Re: Indy 101 (09-14-08)

That's one of my all-time dreams at Disneyland.... LUCKY! :oD

• Don't lets be silly! șoș

I have been very lucky to have never been on an attraction which went 101. If I'm going to walk through an attraction, it's going to be on a tour.

Though I can understand how that might be fun for some, so, awesome!

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

What time did this happen?
    Last night right after the fireworks show we headed over there and it was down. They said around 8pm the ride broke down, but I don't know if it happened twice that night?

Yeah, it did happen twice then. lol This was at around 3:30 ish.
    When hinges creek in doorless chambers, and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls, Whenever candlelights flicker, where the air is deathly still, That is the time when ghosts are present practicing their terror with ghoulish delight.

• Adventurer Slash Explorer

Oh neat! The one time it broke down with us on it we stopped right before the drop after the snake. The CM let me get a picture with the snake, which has been my dream for years. Except, he got all nervous and had his arm around me just in case I fell into the track, I guess. Is the track in the middle not stable enough?

Anyway, that's great! Was it creepy walking through the skeleton room?
    Code Lee-Oh-Co (Or Jessica, if you want)

• Animation Domination

Nuklhed Wrote:

Yeah, it did happen twice then. lol This was at around 3:30 ish.
    It was about after the group went on Monsters, Inc. ride. The rest of the group went on GRR and we really didn't know what happen to you Nuklhed. Okay so you went DL on Indy. Yeah, it was about 3:30-4:30ish that was when we were on GRR for 30 minutes wait.

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMousePal View Post
    Nuklhed Wrote:

It was about after the group went on Monsters, Inc. ride. The rest of the group went on GRR and we really didn't know what happen to you Nuklhed. Okay so you went DL on Indy. Yeah, it was about 3:30-4:30ish that was when we were on GRR for 30 minutes wait.

My boy was too scared to go on it and the wife was "Getting hot." lol. Sorry about the guys. But definitely do it again.

• Nill

Quote Originally Posted by codelyokorox View Post
    Oh neat! The one time it broke down with us on it we stopped right before the drop after the snake. The CM let me get a picture with the snake, which has been my dream for years. Except, he got all nervous and had his arm around me just in case I fell into the track, I guess. Is the track in the middle not stable enough?

Anyway, that's great! Was it creepy walking through the skeleton room?
    I wouldn't say its unstable, but if you were to fall somehow and your arm, fingers, or something somehow gets into the slot, you could touch the rail which has 480 volts of electricity at 3-phase. It would not be pleasant.

• Adventurer Slash Explorer

Quote Originally Posted by BurtGummer View Post
    I wouldn't say its unstable, but if you were to fall somehow and your arm, fingers, or something somehow gets into the slot, you could touch the rail which has 480 volts of electricity at 3-phase. It would not be pleasant.

That does sound unpleasant. I wasn't planning on sticking anything into a mysterious slot on the floor of a Disney attraction, though. To be clear. It makes sense now, though, that he was so intent on repeating to us not to get too close to the slot.
    Code Lee-Oh-Co (Or Jessica, if you want)

• DCA FTW!

I'm with SeaWolf, that's a dream come true to get 101'd on Indy. Too bad you didn't get any photos but congrats
    Everybody's got a laughin' place-
    trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

• Nill

Quote Originally Posted by Coast21 View Post
    I'm with SeaWolf, that's a dream come true to get 101'd on Indy. Too bad you didn't get any photos but congrats
    Yep same here. It would seem impossible for me not to be on Indy during a 101. I've ridden it way too many times....but my bad luck for always getting a complete ride sticks with me.