Hotels sold out for October?

I am thinking about taking a trip in October for my daughter's b-day. I've been trying to find out about possible AP Night rates at the Disney hotels for October. On another forum people mentioned the Disneyland hotels being sold out due to a convention. I was able to find available rooms for the day I wanted to go, but I'm now worried about it being crowded. Has anyone heard about October being crowded? I'm thinking about Oct. 10th and 11th. I have to admit we have been spoiled by going in off season. We like it when you can walk right onto the rides with no lines. Our last two trips have been very crowded, and we did not have a very good time. I really want this trip to be fun (meaning no crowds.)

• oh bugger

Re: Hotels sold out for October?

I called last night about hotels in early October at one of the Disney properties. I was told that the earliest availability wasn't until the 21st. A big convention is in town those first two weeks, I read about it in another post, but yeah, the Disney properties, as well as many other nearby hotels are pretty full. I wanted to just stay like 2 nights, even during the weekday, at a Disney hotel but she said only if someone cancels will a room open up. I'm kinda bummed, but at least I'll be saving a lot of money.

I'm down there from October 3rd-9th btw.

• 'Taint sure it's puddin!

Quote Originally Posted by stacyq
    I am thinking about taking a trip in October for my daughter's b-day. I've been trying to find out about possible AP Night rates at the Disney hotels for October. On another forum people mentioned the Disneyland hotels being sold out due to a convention. I was able to find available rooms for the day I wanted to go, but I'm now worried about it being crowded. Has anyone heard about October being crowded? I'm thinking about Oct. 10th and 11th. I have to admit we have been spoiled by going in off season. We like it when you can walk right onto the rides with no lines. Our last two trips have been very crowded, and we did not have a very good time. I really want this trip to be fun (meaning no crowds.)

We're gonna be there the 13th thru the 16th - I don't think it will be super crowded, but who knows. B-days (which we will be celebrating too) at DL are worth a few extra folks. Surely it won't be as crowded as the summer time.
    "Search the boat...."
    First works spoken by Captain Nemo (James Mason) in the Disney classic - 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

PROUD Member Of................

Do you MiceChat?
    There are several ways for you to help support the site you love:
    - visit the MiceChat store
    - Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page
    Whatever you do, your help is much appreciated!

• Loves a tea party!

I always check the Anaheim/Orange County Convention Calendar before finalizing my plans. It can make a difference in hotel pricing at least as much, if not more, than in crowds at DLR:
    http://www.anaheimoc.org/convcalendar/index.cfm

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by NemoZorro
    We're gonna be there the 13th thru the 16th - I don't think it will be super crowded, but who knows. B-days (which we will be celebrating too) at DL are worth a few extra folks. Surely it won't be as crowded as the summer time.
    I'll be there that time, as well. Anyone else going down that weekend?