Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Banned User

Fall break in California

I was wondering when the fall break is for California students? Is it in October? If so, when? In Utah it's October 16-17 (Thursday and Friday) and it's called UEA. I'm wanting to plan a trip in early October, and I'm hoping that it will be when the Cali. students are still in school. Any info on that?

• Winter in Oceanside...

Re: Fall break in California

I am not aware of anything called "Fall Break" in California. There is a Veteran's Day holiday usually around Nov. 11, and then nothing until Thanksgiving.

• =)

I don't know of any schools that have fall breaks at all, though I'm not as familiar with So Cal schools as I am with the ones up north. Early December is the idea time to go if you want low attendance. Or right now.

• Banned User

I don't know if it's called fall break, or whatever, but I was wondering if there was a time in October that the students get out of school for a couple of days for some sort of Education Association thing, or an Educators Week, or something similar.

hey i want fall break, can you guys make USC have fall break? =D

• DCA FTW!

We don't have a fall break here in Southern California, you wont have any problems coming around that time. Only breaks coming up is Veterans Day then Thanksgiving, and the two week winter break in December near Christmas and new years.
    Everybody's got a laughin' place-
    trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

• Senior Monorail Minion

Not sure, but we have a big mouse in town ;)

WE DO HAVE FALL BREAKS. Sorry,not college breaks, but elementary schools in Orange and Anaheim Hills, along with some Middle schools. These would be the worst considering they all go to the parks. The break is the 25- October 11
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by Eric5675 View Post
    WE DO HAVE FALL BREAKS. Sorry,not college breaks, but elementary schools in Orange and Anaheim Hills, along with some Middle schools. These would be the worst considering they all go to the parks. The break is the 25- October 11
    This is the first I've ever heard of this.

Although I am almost 40 now, and maybe things have changed since I was a kid.

But my son is in the 4th grade at a private school and they don't have a Fall break.

So I don't know.

• Winter in Oceanside...

I've been an elementary teacher in California for 10 years and we've never had fall breaks.

• Addicted to MC since '08

I'm still in School, and I've never had a fall break in So. Cal. The next large break for me is Thanksgiving Holiday for one week and Christmas Break for two weeks.

• Mean Mermaid

What is this "fall-break" of which you speak, and why don't I get it?!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Some schools that are on a year-round track may have time off in October. That's a definite possibility.

My school is on a "traditional" schedule, so we don't have any days off until November.
    A signature should go here.

• Senior Monorail Minion

Not sure, but we have a big mouse in town ;)

Fall Break for year-around schools. Orange usd runs on a year-around schedule where school ends in June, starts in July, and has a fall 3-week break the last 2 weeks of September and first week of October. Orange USD is the second-closest district to Disneyland. Please don't discredit this, as I was in it for 9 years (I'm now in HS, and we're on Traditional.) But yes, many schools run year-around out here.
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

• Mean Mermaid

Fall Break for year-around schools. Orange usd runs on a year-around schedule where school ends in June, starts in July, and has a fall 3-week break the last 2 weeks of September and first week of October. Orange USD is the second-closest district to Disneyland. Please don't discredit this, as I was in it for 9 years (I'm now in HS, and we're on Traditional.) But yes, many schools run year-around out here.
    Oh. ::grimace:: Year-round. I don't think there's even a year-round school anywhere around where I live... There probably is, but I've never heard of it.

Haha! I went to OUSD too! I'm a VPHS alum, as well as a Cerro Villa MS alum, and a VPE alum! then after I got my credential I went back and subbed there for 2 year.

About half of the elementary schools and one middle school in OUSD run on year round schedule. They start school at the end of July and go for 9-10 weeks of school, then they have 3 weeks off. It's called Fall break. Then they go back for another 9-10 weeks of school and it's time for winter break (they get three weeks). Another 9-10 weeks and then three weeks of spring break. A final 9-10 weeks and then it's summer break for 5 weeks. Then they start all over again.

This is done because the shorter their breaks, the better the retention of the students. They have less time to fall into bad habits or loss information. They only do this at the elementary and middle school levels because it would be too difficult to do it in HS with AP testing and college applications.

My best score ever!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast