Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Park Traditions

Question Park Traditions

I was wondering if anyone has any park traditions. Things that you do on particular rides, at particular attractions, in specific lands, etc. Perhaps certain photos you have to take or a certain churro stand that you have stop by.

I'll give my example: Whenever we are walking through the queue area on Indiana Jones, we always have to touch the faces on the statues. My dad started this, I think as a way to occupy my cousin while we were waiting in line. However, we now always, always, always do it out of tradition. It would feel weird not to do it.

I was just wondering if anyone else is weird like me and has a quirky tradition.
    A little bit about me...
    First Disneyland Trip: Oct. 1989
    Mandatory first ride: POTC
    Mandatory food: Clam chowder in bread bowl & a churro (not at the same time though)
    Next trip goals:
    1) Ride the Casey Jr. Circus Train. I didn't get around to it on this past trip.
    2) Get over to TSI.
    3) Try a jalapeño/cheese pretzel. Yummy!

• I'm not really here

Re: Park Traditions

We always get a photo of the Firehouse window as we leave the park our last night.

Churros and Dole Whips while watching the parade.

Hot Chocolate (cold weather) or Shakes (warm weather) while watching the fireworks.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Stockton, CA..350 mi away from DLR but that never stops us!

used to be, first thing when we get there, 'Mr. Lincoln'.

• revolutionary waltz

My friends and I always take a picture of our shoes together whenever we enter and leave the park. Odd inside joke.

I just thought of another one. I scream so much on Tower of Terror that the last few times I have gone I have lost my voice. It's sort of an unintentional tradition. But it is pretty cool when I get home and people ask how I lost my voice. I can't think of a better reason to lose one's voice.
    A little bit about me...
    Mandatory food: Clam chowder in bread bowl & a churro (not at the same time though)
    Next trip goals:
    1) Ride the Casey Jr. Circus Train. I didn't get around to it on this past trip.
    2) Get over to TSI.

• Oo-de-lally

I go to Disneyland a lot. Every trip is different depending on who I go to the park with. There is one thing I do though no matter whom I'm with. That thing is to get a White Chocolate Chip Cookie from Pooh's Corner. I love that dang cookie. I also love a Chocolate dipped waffle cone with Cookies and Cream Ice Cream from Gibson Girl but if it is cold and rainy out I usually will not get one. I also love the Mickey shaped beignets from Cafe Orleans but some times there is a long wait to be seated and I do not have the time to wait to get them. But no matter the weather, time, or line I always get my cookie. It is the best tasting cookie on earth.
    Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally
    Golly, what a day

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Whenever I go to Disneyland, I always have to get a pretzel w/ cheese, and it has to be the last food item we get at the park...so I usually get it around 11:45 at night.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

^^^^^^^^
    Wow! Well if it is the best tasting cookie on earth then I had better try it next time I'm there. Have you tried the cookies from Marcelline's in Downtown Disney? I was just wondering how they stack up.
    A little bit about me...
    Next trip goals:
    2) Get over to TSI.

Another one: My parents and I usually try to get a family photo in the Courtyard of Angels. Hopefully it will not be a gift shop yet, when we go in November.
    A little bit about me...
    Next trip goals:
    2) Get over to TSI.

• A spooky ghost

When entering the park we always go under the right berm and leave the park under the other. There is no other way.

^^^^^
    We always do that to. I never really thought of it as a tradition but I guess it wouldn't feel right going the other way. Nice one!
    A little bit about me...
    Next trip goals:
    2) Get over to TSI.

• We Want The Redhead

I always stop by city hall on the way out and thank the first available CM for another fabulous day at the park. I also blow a kiss to the western tunnel on the way out with a thought of thanks to my now dead Mom for first taking me to the place (at that time my life long goal) when I was 12.
    First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
    First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
    BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

My hubby always gives me a kiss in front of the castle.

• Oo-de-lally

Quote Originally Posted by Extravabonanza View Post
    ^^^^^^^^
    Wow! Well if it is the best tasting cookie on earth then I had better try it next time I'm there. Have you tried the cookies from Marcelline's in Downtown Disney? I was just wondering how they stack up.
    No I have not. Next week when I go to Disneyland I will head over to DTD and check it out. I'm crazy over cookies, pastries, cupcakes, pies, etc. I have bakeries all over So Cal that I go to just for sweets. Like Sprinkles cupcakes in Newport Beach, Extraordinary Desserts in San Diego, Vrej Pastry in Glendora, Olsen's Danish Village Bakery in Solvang and that is just a few. I can not wait for the new Bakery to open up in Disneyland next to the Mickey and friends parking structure.
    Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally
    Golly, what a day

• U. B. Bold

My only real tradition is to do a complete circle of the Park on the Disneyland RR. Either first thing in the morning or at closing time.
    Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast