Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: thats it...

• keep moving forward...

thats it...

i cant believe they gave the pirate idea the green light... as of now im forming a petition... this is walts little boy, you cant do that, and anyone who agrees can say so here and i will add it to a letter im writing...were going to stop this!

people no longer recognize it as a ride, they recognize it as a movie... this is stupid.

signed...
    a very mad migit mouse
    Last edited by migitmouse88; 09-01-2005 at 04:57 PM.

Re: thats it...

I have to agree with you.
    The movie was good (which was a TOTAL surprise) but in the end it's just a movie. 40 years from now will it mean anything to anyone? As it is now the ride is timeless because it doesn't have any media tie-ins. I say if it ain't broke, don't fix it. (well...fix it....y'know for safety....) I guess I'm just a Pirates purist.
    When I was little I couldn't decide if I wanted to be Snow White or Wonder Woman when I grew up. You can call me "Wonder White"....or maybe "Snow Woman"?

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

I completely agree and here's my reason. When a movie is made followed by a ride inspired from that movie, then it is expected that the ride be themed to the movie. So in retrospect, if a ride is first then inspires a movie, if you want the two tied together than you should have made more references to it in the movie.

If when the Monsters Inc. ride opens they put in a new bad guy (this is NOT a rumor, I'm making this up for the purpose of this story) I would not expect Disney to announce that the movie is wrong, throw your DVD away and buy the new movie that incorporates the new bad guy. So POTC should remain true since it is the inspiration and plot of the movie was enhanced to sell more tickets.

Like someone said in another thread, I don't want to see Eddie Murphy added to the HM.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• All? NO, ALL!

Sad to say, but times change. Some people even complain it isn't enough like the movie, because they are too obsessive to realize that the attraction isn't two years old.

• GO DBACKS!!

Put me in the "If it aint broke, dont fix it" crowd.

Leave my POTC alone.

It wasn't me, it was Lisa!

• Banned User

you could un PC it thought.. LOL

I'm sorry, but I can't see anyway that adding a Capt. Jack Sparrow figure would ruin the ride. I think Jack added new life to the franchise. Screw Turner and Swann, Sparrow is a perfect addition. I'm really not that big of a Johnny Depp fan, but I think that his personification is the human equivalent of the original premise of the attraction. Plus, I think the Scaribbean idea is awesome, and would be yet another way to improve on Walt's dream.

Rides cannot always stay the same, that goes against everything Walter Elias Disney stood for; if something came along better, he'd be all for it in a heartbeat. Sorry to break it to ya, but that's just the way it is!
    In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by migitmouse88
    i cant believe they gave the pirate idea the green light... as of now im forming a petition... this is walts little boy, you cant do that, and anyone who agrees can say so here and i will add it to a letter im writing...were going to stop this!

people no longer recognize it as a ride, they recognize it as a movie... this is stupid.

signed...
    a very mad migit mouse
    When did Disney exactly release the information about this project? I tried to look it up on google news and I found nothing.

Well how do we know it with be putting Sparrow and Barbossa in the ride? Perhaps they might just update the burning village scene by taking out the bad looking "flames" and replacing them with digital/realistic images of fire (maybe even cranking up the heat a bit in that scene so it really feels like you are in a burning village)? Well we should all give it a chance. People told Walt that Disneyland would be a failure and look at it today! Perhaps the new pirates revamp will be the same. People say it will be bad until it really becomes successful. I am open to new changes know that if they dont work, the ride can always be turned back to the way it is now. But that ride definately needs to update some of its special effects.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

People are debating about nothing. Chances are Disney will just remove the skins of two pirates in the ride and just put the skins of Sparrow and Barbossa over them. Or perhaps even better, two pirates will be replaced completely with brand new state of the art AA figures of Barbossa and Sparrow. This ride will be so cool! It makes me really want to ride it all ready.

• Master of Disaster

i have to say that i hope and have faith that the company wouldnt ruin the ride by placing him in the front for all to see. subtly if you ask me would be great here. say adding a sleepign pirate to the jail scene? and adding a background pirate with bones showing in a light on the ship during the battle. subtle background things the enthuist would notice but wont take away from the charm and historical aspect of the ride.

• Resident DL'er

Quote Originally Posted by Niyxstyx
    I'm sorry, but I can't see anyway that adding a Capt. Jack Sparrow figure would ruin the ride. I think Jack added new life to the franchise. Screw Turner and Swann, Sparrow is a perfect addition. I'm really not that big of a Johnny Depp fan, but I think that his personification is the human equivalent of the original premise of the attraction. Plus, I think the Scaribbean idea is awesome, and would be yet another way to improve on Walt's dream.

Rides cannot always stay the same, that goes against everything Walter Elias Disney stood for; if something came along better, he'd be all for it in a heartbeat. Sorry to break it to ya, but that's just the way it is!
    It has always been said that Walt was always at the cutting edge of technology...I think what would make Sparrow's addition a bit more fitting in the long run is not his representation of the film, but rather Sparrow's representation of pirates in general, as Sparrow personifies a pirate's spirit in a really amazing way. Whether or not you're even familiar with the ride adaptation, Sparrow's look, charm, and body language speak for themselves.

This is of course taking into account of whether or not Sparrow will carry Depp's likeness, because in this case it would be better off if the figure was changed a little to not be as recognizable as the actor himself.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

plus it's not like Depp or Rush will do any voice recordings. Do you realize how much Disney would have to pay them for a few lines? Knowing Disney, they want to save money, not spend it all on a few lines. The characters may be based off of Rush & Depp's performances though.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Can someone post a link to an article or something saying that Disney gave this project the green light? I would like to read it please. Thank you.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

As walt said as long as theres imagination still left in the world, this park will never be finished. He doesn't want things to stay the same! They may add a few new aa's maybe jack sparrow, how does that destroy the ride? It would add to it cause then more people, including families (disney's main target) would be able to ride it and make a connection, kids will know thats there favourite pirate! I think your all jumping at something so small. If walt was still alive and did this, would you all freak? Doubt it? He wanted the park to change, and that's what will happen. It's life, everything changes, live with it!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Judgment comes after a deed, not before it.

And for heaven's sake, Disneyland isn't a museum. Change is going to happen. The rest of the world does, and so will the park.

And please don't say "well they updated this and look what happened!". That was Pressler/Harris era, not Ouimet era.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast