Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Obscure Disneyland Memories?

The place to post all your old, vague Disneyland memories of things currently there or long gone....have fun! Have a half-remembered ride incident or food item? Share it here!

To start off with mine....and no clue if this place really existed...but I recall from when I was very young, maybe mid eighties, a Welch's possibly juice stand in Fantasyland, and my mind places it near Village Haus and the old Skyway station. I seem to recall at least once having a grape juice there that came in a character and/or fruit shaped purple container...does anyone else remember this place? Another vague floaty memory is eating a Twinkie in Tommorowland, followed by going to see I believe America Sings..but I doubt this one, as I don't know if the park really ever sold Twinkies...

• 525,600 minutes...

three blocks from the happiest place on earth

Re: Obscure Disneyland Memories?

i vaguely remember going on the subs before they closed. i was born in 94. do the math.

Die Vampire, Die!!!

• Following the Second Star

Well I dunno if this would be called "obscure", but I have a memory that for the longest time I thought I was making up, until my mom confirmed it recently. I've had this memory of on my first trip to the park watching the subs in the lagoon with my dad, and him telling me about how his dad used to go down in subs in the war.

Now I was three at the time, so its pretty strange that I can remember this. But I thought the subs closed in 97, so I thought it was some weird thing I made up. I recently asked a friend when they closed, and she said 1998, and my first trip to the park was February 1998. So I talked to my mom about it, and she told me that I wasn't making it up, and that did happen...even if my dad doesn't remember it.

Thats the only memory I have from that trip, so I'm glad that it wasn't something I made up!

Cammie Dog: 3/27/05-6/28/09 God took you way too soon Protect your dog from heat stroke. It attacks and kills quickly.

• Queen of Randomness

My first trip there was when I was three. So it was about 1989 and back then Pluto had a long red tongue sticking out of his mouth. All I remember is being scared of it like it hit me or something or that I touched it.

Welcome to my blog!
    A Photographed Life
    12/28: Copperopolis, California

• YOU KNOW IT! YEAH!

I only remember the sea serpent on the subs...and i had a phobia of swimming in the deep end and at night because the light at the bottom of the pool reminded me of the porthole that you looked out of...thus, the serpent could be there to eat me.

And it could just be that im older, but i remember the hook character that comes out used to wear solid red and not the patterned velvet he wears now.

Oh and i kinda remember going through these tunnels and underpasses when we were on the parking lot tram...and i think it used to drive through the actual lot

SUPPORT THE CMs

For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

i remember going to the park with my mom (before she died back in 94) for my birthdays.. we used to live in san diego, so we'd wake up around 4-5am and drive up for the day. i'd get my birthday mickey mouse pancake, we'd go on a lot of the rides (pirates and HM the most.. along with the skyway). we'd have lunch in tomorrowland, and i'd always get my mickey pretzel, churro, and my frozen banana. we'd watch the fireworks and then stay till the park closed. then we'd drive back home and fall asleep.

always great memories.

• =)

On my first ride on Indy as a youngster, I saw strobing purple stalagmites through my squinting eyes, among other things that have never been part of the ride. ::shrug:: I always thought that was weird.

• Halloween 2011

Quote Originally Posted by darkfairycthulu View Post
    To start off with mine....and no clue if this place really existed...but I recall from when I was very young, maybe mid eighties, a Welch's possibly juice stand in Fantasyland, and my mind places it near Village Haus and the old Skyway station.
    yup, it really existed. Kevin Kidney, who makes a lot of the Disney merchandise we all want so badly, had a blog about it recently.
    Kevin Kidney

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

I remember when I was around 2 or 3 (it had to be given what was happening in the story) and walking to CBJ and asking my grandmother what big ride they were making to the left of us...it was Splash Mountain.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

I have not been able to find a picture of this but I remember that on the Alice in Wonderland attraction, the Caterpillar was behind the large book on the mushroom so that you would see him as you left the building and began winding down from the upper level. The caterpillar shoes are still there on the mushroom.
    The Mur

• E T1CK3T

I've had obscure dreams about Disneyland... one was with both Disneyland and DCA, but they looked COMPLETELY different, and I was in DCA more... DCA was like a round lagoon, with an odd roller coaster on one side and other stuff around it, and the coaster crashed, and a heck of a lot more happened and was there, and I won't bother to bore you with it lol. :oD

• =)

Haha, I have a lot of Disneyland-except-not dreams like that, SeaWolf. They often involve backstage areas that don't exist or are completely different in real life. Onstage is never right, either. Too weird.

• E T1CK3T

Mine were like episodes... I'd have one dream one night about it, then different dreams, then it would continue another night... and it just kept going and going and going. It sticks in my mind, too, and most of my dreams don't stay in my memory for too long.

• We Want The Redhead

I'll chip in with one from 1964. On my first visit to the New York World's Fair (I grew up back there), outside what I think was the Bell Telephone exhibit were a few ultra modern and near science fiction video phones. They were connected to similar phones at Disneyland, and we could chat and see those folks at the same time! I believe the Anaheim phones were possibly at the 'Circ-A-Rama Theater.' Needless to say, this made me ravenous for a visit to Disneyland, which I had to wait four more years for.
    Another one which I have not found verication for, was that on my earliest visit the motor boat cruise was actually called Minnie's Motor Boat Cruise.
    First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
    First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
    BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

I took my first trip when I was four. I vaguely remember a cast member giving me a small white pin with Mickey's face on it. My parents had bought me a Winnie the Pooh bear that played the theme song when you pressed on it's paw. I actually still have him and the song still plays almost 20 years later (not bad). Anyhoo, the pin ended up on his t-shirt.
    I also remember hiding under the table at the character breakfast when Captain Hook came around. Good times!
    A little bit about me...
    First Disneyland Trip: Oct. 1989
    Mandatory first ride: POTC
    Mandatory food: Clam chowder in bread bowl & a churro (not at the same time though)
    Next trip goals:
    1) Ride the Casey Jr. Circus Train. I didn't get around to it on this past trip.
    2) Get over to TSI.
    3) Try a jalapeño/cheese pretzel. Yummy!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast