Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• Missing an Angel

Re: Big Disney Announcement this afternoon

I think Disney is on the right track with this promotion with the economy being the way it is. That being said.....

I can't wait to see what the birthday bash in the Thunder Mountain BBQ area is gonna be like.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Interesting.

It looks like this deal is catered to vacationers, but it looks like locals to the DLR like myself can take advantage of the free birthday offer.

Asking this for locals -- does the free offer have to be on your birthday, or can it be one or two weeks before or after your birthday?

Also, in 2009 my birthday falls on a Wednesday. If I decide I want to go to DL after work will they still let me in for free or will I have to pay a portion since it isn't a full day? And if I have an AP (which I most likely will) will they still give me a gift card for the full $69?

• Oo-de-lally

Quote Originally Posted by Scurvy Pirate View Post
    I think Disney is on the right track with this promotion with the economy being the way it is. That being said.....

I can't wait to see what the birthday bash in the Thunder Mountain BBQ area is gonna be like.
    I know. I bet it is going to be great. I'm also glad that the people who have AP did not get left out. I like the birthday fast pass option.
    Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally
    Golly, what a day

• Shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalCastle View Post
    I like the gift card idea. We all have PAPs and already go on our birthdays. Now we'll get some extra spending money too!

It did not sound like it would be that simple. Am I wrong? It sounded like you had a "chance" and/or would need to book a family vacation to take advantage of that offer. Something tells me any AP holder who thinks they are going to walk up on their birthday and get free money from Disney might be mistaken. I could be wrong, but I suspect there will be limitations and hoops galore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristocat View Post
    I miss David.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginarella View Post
    All I know is that David is a pimp Gryffindor.

Quote Originally Posted by larasound View Post
    It did not sound like it would be that simple. Am I wrong? It sounded like you had a "chance" and/or would need to book a family vacation to take advantage of that offer. Something tells me any AP holder who thinks they are going to walk up on their birthday and get free money from Disney might be mistaken. I could be wrong, but I suspect there will be limitations and hoops galore.
    From the FAQs

Q: I am a Passholder (or have a valid Multi-Day Ticket or a Seasonal Pass that I will use for admission on my birthday in 2009), so I don't need to take advantage of this offer. If I register, is there anything else I could receive on my birthday?

A: Yes, you have several options which are available for you to select once you arrive at the Park with your confirmation message and your proper ID. You can receive:

* A birthday fun card in an amount equal to the price of a 1-day One Day/One Park base ticket* for you to use on your birthday for merchandise, recreation or fun activities at select participating locations at Disneyland® Resort; or
    * A special birthday FASTPASS® ticket+ for certain attractions at the Theme Park you visit on your birthday; or
    * A 1-day One Day/One Park base ticket for you to use any time until your next birthday.

*Ticket price at gate, excluding tax. Adults receive card in the amount of an adult ticket; children (ages 3-9) receive card in the amount of a child ticket. For terms and conditions of the card and details on participating locations, click here.

+The number of birthday FASTPASS tickets issued is limited and may not be available after 11am. Valid Theme Park admission required. FASTPASS for birthday celebrant and up to 5 members of his/her party.

o A birthday fun card, in the value equivalent to your free birthday ticket, and which is valid on DOB only, and can be used in our Parks for merchandise, Disney's PhotoPass on-site services, and tour experiences. Not valid for Food and Beverage purchases, Disney Gift Cards, Disney Dollars, alcohol, cigarettes or Resort folio or spa charges.
    o A One Day/One Park Ticket that can be used anytime in the next 12 months from DOB. This ticket may be used by the Birthday celebrant only.
    o A Special Birthday FASTPASS® ticket which provides four FASTPASS® entitlements to select attractions for every person in the birthday party (maximum of 6 guests per party). Availability of this option is not guaranteed after 11am.
    Last edited by CrystalCastle; 09-18-2008 at 11:16 AM.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11 View Post
    What if a child has a birthday on a Wednesday during school? Would that child be able to use a free day on the weekend instead? Like "Come visit for a free day within a week of your actual birthday"?
    I guess you pretty much are asking the same thing I just did.

Locals to the DLR celebrate their birthdays a lot differently than the vacationers do. If their birthday falls during the week they are more likely to have a small celebration at home and have their larger party on the weekend, when more people can make it. This includes going to DL. So I ask again will there be a grace perioe for being able to use the free ticket or gift card or whatever?

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Interesting.

It looks like this deal is catered to vacationers, but it looks like locals to the DLR like myself can take advantage of the free birthday offer.

Asking this for locals -- does the free offer have to be on your birthday, or can it be one or two weeks before or after your birthday?

Also, in 2009 my birthday falls on a Wednesday. If I decide I want to go to DL after work will they still let me in for free or will I have to pay a portion since it isn't a full day? And if I have an AP (which I most likely will) will they still give me a gift card for the full $69?
    Check out the FAQs

• Shenanigans.

From the FAQs

You win!!

That's why I always say "I could be wrong".
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristocat View Post
    I miss David.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginarella View Post
    All I know is that David is a pimp Gryffindor.

• Queen of Sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11 View Post
    What if a child has a birthday on a Wednesday during school? Would that child be able to use a free day on the weekend instead? Like "Come visit for a free day within a week of your actual birthday"?
    When I was growing up I would envy the kids that had birthdays during the school year. They would be able to enjoy everything in the off season and not have to worry about crowds. I don't know how that would work, when I was growing up the people I knew who had birthdays like this were allowed to take a "fun" day off. I know most parents might not be like that though. My birthday is at the end of July so I do have the extended park hours and all that fun stuff but it's always crowded and very hot, not an enjoyable day for my parents or myself because before I turned 21 I would be at Disneyland on my birthday. Now I spend it in Vegas but with a $69 gift card hanging in limbo I might go with Disneyland and take off a day later.

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

This is pretty awesome.

• CM supporter

30 miles south of the happiest place on earth

o A birthday fun card, in the value equivalent to your free birthday ticket, and which is valid on DOB only, and can be used in our Parks for merchandise, Disney's PhotoPass on-site services, and tour experiences. Not valid for Food and Beverage purchases, Disney Gift Cards, Disney Dollars, alcohol, cigarettes or Resort folio or spa charges.
    Bummer, so no Blue Bayou for me and the wife, but I'll still get some sweet merch I'm sure.

• Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    I presume you will just get a free one day ticket, so you can visit on your BD.

Or you can pay $40 for a blockout ticket and then get your $69 gift card.
    Sounds good darkbeer. where do I go tell that I am blocked out? the ticket booth?

Thanks darkbeer.

• CM supporter

30 miles south of the happiest place on earth

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
    Sounds good darkbeer. where do I go tell that I am blocked out? the ticket booth?

Thanks darkbeer.
    You can check on Disneyland's website. In the Annual Passholder section.

• Sock Puppet

I'm skeptical about the blockout ticket strategy, since the Disney FAQ
    doesn't mention it:

I am a Passholder (or have a valid Multi-Day Ticket or a Seasonal Pass that I will use for admission on my birthday in 2009), so I don't need to take advantage of this offer.

• YOU KNOW IT! YEAH!

awww my birthday is on December 31st...the last day of the year. I have to wait a whole year for this whole thing to apply to me. I think i'll take my friends and relatives to disneyland the whole year and not tell them about the prizes...them keep them! Or not...The whole thing sounds really cool. Ugh I hope they dont make a giant topiary birthday cake in the mickey floral area. With sparkling candles that light up at night perhaps?

SUPPORT THE CMs

For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast