Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• steven.

Re: No "Floral" Zorro Mickey This Year for HalloweenTime?

i think it would be nice if they changed the floral too, especially since the main entrance will have the giant fab 5 pumpkins, and all of main street is decked out in halloweentime decor, it would only make more sense.

the tink floral + lighting is nice though so maybe they decided not change it because of it's nice-ness? hahaha.

or if anything they'll just do what tokyo disneyland did recently as they decorated the park for their halloween season during this year's 25th decoration.

regular 25th anniversary tink:
    Tokyo Disneyland 25th Anniversary on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

regular 25th anniversary tink with halloween costume:
    Disney Halloween 2008-03 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    100_2544 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

(although our tinkerbell figure is a looooooot different, hahaha).
    (+ also sorry if tink is a little hard to make out in all the pictures i found).

hahaha, but yeah i doubt they won't at least change the arrangement a tad bit...they still have a week. i'm pretty sure it doesn't take them too long to change the floral arrangements around, hahahahaha.
    i've got no strings.

• Goofy

aww nuts.

• A Weather Eye Open

i'm a bit bummed. i thought tink and the lights could be incorporated into halloweentime easily. even if they don't rearrange the design, they could replace the flowers to be the pumpkins and such, and leave the lights and tink just where they are.

and are they even going to take out the dream clouds at the bottom? dream clouds will come down elsewhere and we'll never see them again now that this new promo has been announced and themed.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

Maybe they are just cutting a few more costs.... UGH

Quote Originally Posted by 2DieFR View Post
    Yes, I thought about that too MG. How hard can it be to move around the strobes and reprogram them.. apparently too hard.
    it really has nothing to do with the lighting that is pure speculation. The lights installed were never intended to be permanent

• Fireworks Finatic!

Hopefully they will do something at the last minute. Since they've done it for 2 previous years, perhaps it just won't take that long to switch out the floral. Otherwise it will be sad that yet another cool thing for HalloweenTime is gone, at least this year. Seems like the first year of HalloweenTime was such a success, but now the following 2 years they keep taking stuff away. Doesn't make sense. Are they regretting starting a Halloween promotion now??

• Lowering Expectations

Quote Originally Posted by AaronInCal View Post
    Seems like the first year of HalloweenTime was such a success, but now the following 2 years they keep taking stuff away. Doesn't make sense.
    The only other thing that I can think of that was taken away since the first Halloween Time was the "residents" of the Hollywood Tower Hotel that would absently wander the grounds; that was done only the first year. Who knows if the storytelling in front of the tower will continue this year.

Candy Corn Acres and Dia De los Muertos are two elements that was added to Halloween Time last year. However, nothing new will be added this year to my knowledge - in fact the only difference from last year is the absence of the pumpkin floral, like I say.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronInCal View Post
    Are they regretting starting a Halloween promotion now??
    I'm sure no one in charge is regretting the explosion in princess, pirate, fairy, etc. costumes for the kids and all the other associated merch?

I think it's a stretch to say that anyone is "regretting" Halloween Time. It's a hit with guests and it also spiced up a slow offseason period with additional turnstile rotations. This holiday celebration is still very new compared to Christmas/Holidays.. it has much more potential to grow.
    Follow news-savvy @DLtoday on Twitter by clicking on the banner below:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

LinkBacks (?)

1. 09-18-2008, 11:19 PM