Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

No "Floral" Zorro Mickey This Year for HalloweenTime?

Last year and the year before, the floral Mickey at the foot of Main Street Station was made to look like Zorro, made up of hundreds of tiny pumpkins for Halloween Time.

[Photo credit: startedbyamouse.com]

Is this element not returning this year? There was no mention made in the Backstage Pass about it, and this being Sept 18, the YoaMD floral should be walled off and in the process of change by now.

As you can see from Darkbeer's special Thursday update, the floral has vaguely autumn-ish marigolds but is still the YoaMD incarnation.

Looks like the main Floral display will not change for Halloween (but some cosmetic stuff, such as Tink might get some attention.
    Last edited by 2DieFR; 09-18-2008 at 12:25 PM.

• Brand new CM!

Re: No "Floral" Zorro Mickey This Year for HalloweenTime?

Awesome! I've never seen that!
    I Donald Duck!

I guess not. This is the first Halloween with Tink there so I guess they're opting not to do it. IMO, it wouldn't look good with Tink there anyways.

It'll return someday....
    ap·pur·te·nant – adjective: appertaining or belonging; pertaining.

...to Disneyland.

• Premium Youngling and

Halloween at the resort doesn't start for another week...

They can surprise us, you know

• Oo-de-lally

I love the way this looks. The orange, white and maroon looks great.
    Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally
    Golly, what a day

• I'm not really here

There's still time. Darkbeer mentioned that the walls will be going up soon. Guess we'll see in a day or two.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    There's still time. Darkbeer mentioned that the walls will be going up soon. Guess we'll see in a day or two.
    I did NOT say that, I said that the Floral area will remain basically the same. (There is a lot invested in the lighting).

There is a possibility of some overnight work, such as placing Tink in a costume, or working on Mickey's eye area to make it look like a mask. But no major change as there was in 2007.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I would think that they really don't want to change this area too much. With Pixie Hollow opening on October 28 I think they might be wanting to promote that instead.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Bummer. I really liked the fact that the floral changed from Summer to Halloween after that looooooong stretch from Christmas to September. Maybe next year.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    I did NOT say that, I said that the Floral area will remain basically the same. (There is a lot invested in the lighting).
    You are right... I was way off on that one. Sorry about that Darkbeer.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Minion

Why does Tink always win? She is taking over the whole King Triton garden area, that's plenty of ground for her to spread pixie dust over (and for guests to get their fill of fairies).

I think this is very disappointing. Halloween Time needs to expand, not shrink. The YoaMD stuff has had its time.

Sure, there was a lot invested in the lighting, and I like the effect. But the special holiday decor, Halloween and Holidays, has always been a bigger, stronger draw for park guests than DreamClouds (and all of its other incarnations; monorail wraps, sprinkle signs, character dress) ever were.

Holiday-specific decor, in general, should always win over the year-long promotions. I was willing to make some sacrifices for the 50th (i.e. the golden tree, the lack of garland over Main Street due to the Parade of Dreams running thru the holidays, etc.), but not for the YoaMD.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by 2DieFR View Post
    Why does Tink always win? She is taking over the whole King Triton garden area, that's plenty of ground for her to spread pixie dust over (and for guests to get their fill of fairies).

I think this is very disappointing. Halloween Time needs to expand, not shrink. The YoaMD stuff has had its time.

Sure, there was a lot invested in the lighting, and I like the effect. But the special holiday decor, Halloween and Holidays, has always been a bigger, stronger draw for park guests than DreamClouds (and all of its other incarnations; monorail wraps, sprinkle signs, character dress) ever were.

Holiday-specific decor, in general, should always win over the year-long promotions. I was willing to make some sacrifices for the 50th (i.e. the golden tree, the lack of garland over Main Street due to the Parade of Dreams running thru the holidays, etc.), but not for the YoaMD.

What I don't understand is why can't the HalloweenTime floral Mickey be adapted to include the YOAMD floral lighting feature? I mean, I can't say that I'm an expert on how the lighting is set up, but I imagine the strobes can be moved around? So move them around to the floral Jack-O-Lanterns and let them flash during HalloweenTime!

I imagine this is just an excuse to save a little bit of labor costs in the budget.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Minion

Yes, I thought about that too MG. How hard can it be to move around the strobes and reprogram them.. apparently too hard.

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

How freaking lame is that? The floral/pumpkin seasonal mickey is one of the coolest parts of Halloween Time. One of the first indications that this season is different

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    What I don't understand is why can't the HalloweenTime floral Mickey be adapted to include the YOAMD floral lighting feature? I mean, I can't say that I'm an expert on how the lighting is set up, but I imagine the strobes can be moved around? So move them around to the floral Jack-O-Lanterns and let them flash during HalloweenTime!

I imagine this is just an excuse to save a little bit of labor costs in the budget.
    Those are my thoughts exactly!!

How dissapointing. I hope they at least spruce it up some more with Jack O' Lanterns and more autumn colors.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 09-18-2008, 11:19 PM