Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast

• Rock Star Minion

Re: Disneyland to offer monthly payments to Southern California AP holders (all 4 typ

Quote Originally Posted by larasound View Post
    Absolutely fair. So I stated my opinion about what constitutes riff raff from my singularly narrow perspective in the hopes that others who have used the term would follow suit. No one has.
    Your narrow perspective of riff-raff, while certainly a subset of what I would consider riff-raff, is not as much a concern at Disneyland. I'm more concerned about people who soil Disneyland. Vandals. And I don't think this new payment option will increase the numbers of such guests.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Who Gave Rob an Avatar?

Re: Disneyland to offer monthly payments to Southern California AP holders (all 4 typ

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    "If it's good enough for Sea World and Legoland...."
    Yeah, look what that line of thinking got us.
    I thinks Clinks was stating that if they can make it work Disney can make it work as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda Woman View Post
    Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

• Shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    I think it has clearly been implied by many that said 'riff-raff' taking advantage of the 2fer are undesirable elements in DL. I think it has everything to do with opinions as to who 'belong' and who 'don't'.

Either way, I don't see how airing all of our personal biases and prejudices is really all that constructive, as it contributes nothing toward settling upon a universal definition. IMO, that kind of foolishness usually leads to hard feelings and harsh words. But go ahead on if you wish, you certainly don't need my permission.

IMO the 'riff-raff' argument is poorly-crafted, and ill-conceived. It's highly speculative, completely ambiguous and virtually undefinable. So, in my mind, why waste time on it when all it will produce is divisiveness?
    You're right, but sometimes its healthy to ask people to better define their stance before forming an opinion on something that could be taken out of context.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristocat View Post
    I miss David.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginarella View Post
    All I know is that David is a pimp Gryffindor.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mousechild View Post
    I thinks Clinks was stating that if they can make it work Disney can make it work as well.
    I understand that.
    The problem is not ""making it work." That is easy. Lazy, actually. It serves to keep TDA executives from finding ways to get people to pay more to get into Disneyland. That takes some imagination, some hard thinking work. Hard thinking work that was put into such attractions as Splash Mountain (1989) and Indy (1995).

My point is that Disneyland should not have to stoop to such levels. Maybe it has to now, now that it has been downgraded to "competing with Legoland."
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Quote Originally Posted by dlandjimmy View Post
    I don't understand what all this debate is about. Any riff-raff/criminal/baby screaming/cussin outloud/tree carving/line cutter could just put their AP on their credit card and pay it off or not anyways. I really doubt this is going to have any noticeable affect on the park.
    Agreed. And like lara, Sed, and many others, I don't see the correlation between payment plans/2fers and 'riff-raff' either.

I understand that.
    The problem is not ""making it work." That is easy. Lazy, actually. It serves to keep TDA executives from finding ways to get people to pay more to get into Disneyland. That takes some imagination, some hard thinking work. Hard thinking work that was put into such attractions as Splash Mountain (1989) and Indy (1995).

My point is that Disneyland should not have to stoop to such levels. Maybe it has to now, now that it has been downgraded to "competing with Legoland."
    I don't think they must be mutually exclusive. Disney can invest wisely in the parks and still try to reach a larger audience and get them to enter the park more often and leave even more money in Disney's cash machine.

Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    Agreed. And like lara, Sed, and many others, I don't see the correlation between payment plans/2fers and 'riff-raff' either.
    The people that made the 2'fer and wal-mart comments seem to have left the thread. While that is good news I am sure they will be back in other threads spreading innuendo, stereotypical comments, and badly formed arguments. The only thing we can do is challenge such comments when they are made to show how the bigotry of the posters.

• Banned User

I don't like the idea of everyone being able to buy a premium pass and making payments. What makes having the highest pass worth it if everyone has it and the parks are busy 24/7 because of it?

• CM supporter

30 miles south of the happiest place on earth

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    I don't like the idea of everyone being able to buy a premium pass and making payments. What makes having the highest pass worth it if everyone has it and the parks are busy 24/7 because of it?
    Have you ever heard of elitism? Or being elitist?

Everyone has a right to have whatever pass they want, and to go when they want.

I personally have a premium AP, but I'm not concerned about the park being overly crowded when this goes into effect. 1) Not everyone will buy a premium. 2) Not everyone who has a premium goes to the park 24/7. 3) The only days that the premium passes are not blocked are the days the park is most likely to be busy anyway.

If you don't like everyone having the same pass as you, be original and don't have one for yourself.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Street Rat.......

Riff Raff.......

I don't buy that.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post

Street Rat.......

Riff Raff.......

I don't buy that.
    Let's not get too hastyyyyyyyyy.......

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    I have a better solution.....

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

What's wrong with that. This certainly is not the first time DL has had to compete with "lower" parks. In the early 80s Disney got rid of the ticket books for the now familiar all inclusive day pass. Disney was in competition with Knott's, who did this first.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Let's not get too hastyyyyyyyyy.......
    Whatever Sediment.

Still I think he's rather tasty.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    Whatever Sediment.

Still I think he's rather tasty.
    Got that Angels shirt ready to wear in a couple weeks?

Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast