Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123451227 ... LastLast

• "I Break Things"

Re: Disneyland to offer monthly payments to Southern California AP holders (all 4 typ

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    As a divorced father paying more than $800 per month in child support this is really going to help out a lot.
    While I prefer to pay upfront, having 4 AP's isn't exactly cheap (soon to be 5 since little one turns 3 on Halloween). Granted we could have gone with a cheaper option but I wanted at least one weekend day due to my work schedule!
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Re: Disneyland to offer monthly payments to Southern California AP holders (all 4 typ

I like it, with 3 AP's to renew (plus 2 more in 3 years) this will help a lot. Is it a marketing ploy? Heck yes it is but they do it best as I'm willing to bet they are targeting big families that can't afford $1500 all at once. Remember FastPass is a gift for the guests right?
    Last edited by hollywood1939; 09-20-2008 at 07:08 PM.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• Life is Great!

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood1939 View Post
    I like it, with 3 AP's to renew (plus 2 more in 3 years) this will help a lot. Is it a marketing ploy? Heck yes it is but they do it best as I'm willing to be they are targeting big families that can't afford $1500 all at once. Remember FastPass is a gift for the guests right?
    For sure! Our's expire in December and we werent sure if we would renew or take a year off since Belle turned 3 in August and it would be 4 this time. with this option, I think we will go ahead and renew.
    MCDA - A Healthier, Happier Me!

• Banned User

I'm sooooo glad they're finally offering this. I have tons of friends who want an AP but just can't pay it in full, now they'll be able to experience the fun of Disneyland

• "I Break Things"

it will be interesting to see how Disney plans on handling the influx of new AP's... which I can see given the perceived "drop" in price.

• Yeah.....

I can tell you right now, from a college student's point of view, this is great news! Now I might be able to eat during the month following my renewal, lol. I will definitely be taking advantage of this.

One thing that scares me though, is the fact that this will attract all the riff-raff that is usually frightened off by the large lump sum that was due previously...

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    I'm sooooo glad they're finally offering this. I have tons of friends who want an AP but just can't pay it in full, now they'll be able to experience the fun of Disneyland
    I don't understand that. Is it that hard to just save the money for when it's time to pay.....they are going to end up making payments anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Didymus View Post
    One thing that scares me though, is the fact that this will attract all the riff-raff that is usually frightened off by the large lump sum that was due previously...
    yeah, my concern as well...if it turns into 2fer like time year round I will gladly give up the AP.

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    I don't understand that. Is it that hard to just save the money for when it's time to pay.....they are going to end up making payments anyway.
    One AP, not hard to save for, but when you start adding in 3 or 4 because of a family it begins to add up pretty quick.

yeah, my concern as well...if it turns into 2fer like time year round I will gladly give up the AP.
    As I said not sure how Disney will handle what will likely be a rather large influx of people! With the economy down the tubes, people will be looking for a place where they can go and forget. Disney will most certainly cash in on a very large portion of the local population.

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    One AP, not hard to save for, but when you start adding in 3 or 4 because of a family it begins to add up pretty quick.
    and what makes you think I don't have a family or buy only one?

• "I Break Things"

and what makes you think I don't have a family or buy only one?
    Nothing, likewise I do not know your financial situation (and I am not asking either so please do not misunderstand). I was offering an explanation as to why this offer may be attractive for individuals who may not have it up front. College kids and retired individuals on a fixed income are another market. Personally I prefer to save and pay upfront, but I can see how others would rather go with a smaller down payment and monthly payments. Disneyland is a luxury for us (meaning my family and I) and one we are willing to save for.

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    I can see how others would rather go with a smaller down payment and monthly payments.
    I think this is one reason the economy is so bad right now...buy now pay later and not knowing how to budget. Companies make it very easy for people to get in over their heads.

I can live without Disney...if I notice a difference in their "guests" I will not be renewing.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I can live without Disney...if I notice a difference in their "guests" I will not be renewing.
    Oh no. What can the guests do to make you not renew? It would be sad to lose such a dedicated fan.

• "I Break Things"

I think this is one reason the economy is so bad right now...buy now pay later and not knowing how to budget. Companies make it very easy for people to get in over their heads.
    key part... one reason... but that is another tangent and discussion entirely.
    to each their own, I try not to let the actions of other guests spoil my good times. To tack this on; As an individual who has spent a great deal of time in some very bad spots, I would say some of the best people can be found in some of the worst neighborhoods! Economics do not forge the individual, parenting does... and bad parents are not limited to an economic bracket.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

just what the economy doesn't' really need, more people putting more debt onto credit cards they most likely cannot afford....it may seem nice, but sure doesn't' seem fiscally sound
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    Based on what SeaWorld and LEGOLAND does, no. You sign a contract, and regular monthly payments are charged to your credit/debit card. If your credit card is declined, then the AP is marked in the system as not valid, and the AP holder will have to go to Guest Services to rectify the matter. But no Interest or extra fees.
    I see this as creating a big headache for both CMs at the gate and at Guest Services. In the past, if a credit card was bad, you didn't get a pass, and you wouldn't show up at the gate. Now, there are 11 or so chances that a person will show up at the front of the line and be told that their pass isn't working. The resulting conversation will cause even longer lines at the gates AND at Guest Services.

Great marketing idea though. $30.00 a month sounds much more affordable.

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123451227 ... LastLast