Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234561328 ... LastLast

• no flash photography...

Re: Disneyland to offer monthly payments to Southern California AP holders (all 4 typ

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    Oh no. What can the guests do to make you not renew? It would be sad to lose such a dedicated fan.
    yeah, I doubt anyone would worry about it, but I wouldn't have to deal with the frustration of dealing with what the 2fer usually brings in. It's just Disneyland after all....there are so many other places i could spend my money without such frustrations.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: Disneyland to offer monthly payments to Southern California AP holders (all 4 typ

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    yeah, I doubt anyone would worry about it, but I wouldn't have to deal with the frustration of dealing with what the 2fer usually brings in. It's just Disneyland after all....there are so many other places i could spend my money without such frustrations.
    You can find frustration everywhere, some people just try to look harder for it. I try my best to check my frustration at the door at Disneyland. I seem to have the easiest time doing it there and that's why I keep coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    You can find frustration everywhere, some people just try to look harder for it. I try my best to check my frustration at the door at Disneyland. I seem to have the easiest time doing it there and that's why I keep coming back.
    some days are not that easy to that at DL.....which would be why I wold not renew if those become every time I go days. At the moment they are far and few between and it's easy not to go when I know it will be really frustrating.

I agree there are frustrations everywhere, but again they are easy to avoid...like I will not go into a walmart. I don't like eating in family dining resturants and I avoid the mall like the plague.

I havne't been to disney in a few months....I just haven't felt the need to go back. I will be going for the choc walk for 3 dyas, but I can gurantee you we will be leaving early on day three, because I will be disney'd out.

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by elly View Post
    just what the economy doesn't' really need, more people putting more debt onto credit cards they most likely cannot afford....it may seem nice, but sure doesn't' seem fiscally sound
    Does making a car payment sound fiscally sound? Does making a house payment sound fiscally sound? What about making lay-away payments on an entire furniture set, is that fiscally sound? Some individuals find themselves in a situation where they can afford the long term cost, but are unable to come up with the short term capital to make the purchase. Remember for an individual purchase it is between $100 and $400... but when you start adding additional AP's it quickly balloons from a car payment to a house payment. In every case these individuals could save until they have the means to purchase, but for others who are responsible it is easier to "pay as they go".

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Daddy View Post
    I see this as creating a big headache for both CMs at the gate and at Guest Services. In the past, if a credit card was bad, you didn't get a pass, and you wouldn't show up at the gate. Now, there are 11 or so chances that a person will show up at the front of the line and be told that their pass isn't working. The resulting conversation will cause even longer lines at the gates AND at Guest Services.
    This is something I am worried about. I think it will put CM's in a very difficult position. Even though there is nothing the CM can do, the Guests will likely vent, and the CM will be the first one they see. I have seen how some individuals react when it is a blackout day... now a CM will have to tell them their AP isn't working and they need to go to Guest Services.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    Does making a car payment sound fiscally sound? Does making a house payment sound fiscally sound? What about making lay-away payments on an entire furniture set, is that fiscally sound?
    you're kidding right? You're not actually comparing financing entertainment to buying a car or house...investments.....wow...just wow....it's easy to see how this economic crisis is happening now...when you're done using your financed ap let's see how much you can sell it for...or trade it in for if you ant another one....

• "I Break Things"

you're kidding right? You're not actually comparing financing entertainment to buying a car or house...investments.....wow...just wow....it's easy to see how this economic crisis is happening now...when you're done using your financed ap let's see how much you can sell it for...or trade it in for if you ant another one....
    I am talking about family expenses, and balancing a budget. Not everyone has the capital to simply buy something upfront. I'm sorry if this bothers you, or threatens your perspective of wealthy patrons. The reality is there are RESPONSIBLE people out there who can save, but would prefer to pay as they go. Credit cards are not a bad thing if the individual is responsible in using them. Personally I am an upfront cash person, but I know MANY who prefer to make payments and build their credit.

You have made your stance clear by your comments, you do not wish to rub elbows with those of a lower economic class. That's your choice. The appearance is that you can afford an AP up front, great. For some individuals that isn't an option, and if they are responsible enough to save then they are likely responsible enough to make payments as well!

As to the economy, what about the businesses who accepted the loan applicants? What about the businesses who overlooked questionable income statements, didn't require income verification, or encouraged inflated income statements? What about the businesses who purchased sub-prime loans in hopes of making a fortune? What about the companies who completely ignored the obvious risks and took a serious gamble in the name of profit? Some of those companies have already folded, others are now being bailed out with taxpayer money. So I have people who can't afford a house in one, dragging down my home value, and now my taxes are going to bail out the business that helped put them there... This situation has been placed squarely on the backs of those who purchased a home and could not afford it. But the reality is it was 2 parties; 1 who asked for money they could not afford to pay back, and 1 who gave it to them! If you wish to place blame, then it should be shared.
    Last edited by techskip; 09-21-2008 at 08:40 AM.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

yeah, I doubt anyone would worry about it, but I wouldn't have to deal with the frustration of dealing with what the 2fer usually brings in.
    Is your assumption that the 2fer attracts people from a lower economic class who creates most of the riff-raff that occurs during this time period?

Believe it or not, having grown up in Newport Beach myself, it's often people who come from the upper middle classes to upper classes who cause a lot of the damage because they know they can get away with it. Having gone to high school here, I know this happens because I have been witness to it. "It's ok because mommy and daddy will pay for any damages and all the consequences. I'll get off scott-free." It's attitudes like this that got my school kicked out of grad nites. There was no problem with it, because we'll just buy a ticket or use our AP the next day to get back into the park anyway. Disney can try to take away the offender's APs but good luck, because mommy and daddy will hire a lawyer to fight it.

Now, take a person coming from a lower class area of the county. Are they going to cause damage or problems when they go? They just might, but no one will be there to help them. You can bet the consequences for their actions will be much more severe if caught because no one is going to pay for it.

Riff-raff is going to come just as much from people who can pay for their AP's up front as compared to people who can only afford to make monthly payments on it.
    Last edited by DisneyIPresume; 09-21-2008 at 08:28 AM.

• "I Break Things"

Regardless of the "who", I now see how Disney plans on keeping the park full. I have no doubt this will lead to larger crowds in the off season (most of the Summer is blocked for the lower AP's which would be the most appealing).

Quote Originally Posted by 2DieFR View Post
    Do they charge interest?

No but your Credit Card sure will! DO NOT do this! Do you want to be paying off your AP from 3 years ago? Do you know how much your AP will REALLY cost if you carry a balance for a few years? Yah it's "easier" but easier for who? If you are the type of person who WILLLL pay off the balance every month then ok I guess you could be trusted to do this. But if you are like so many others that won't this could snowball quickly into disaster. Suze Orman says DENIED!!
    Janette

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by Leofoenget View Post
    No but your Credit Card sure will! DO NOT do this! Do you want to be paying off your AP from 3 years ago? Do you know how much your AP will REALLY cost if you carry a balance for a few years? Yah it's "easier" but easier for who? If you are the type of person who WILLLL pay off the balance every month then ok I guess you could be trusted to do this. But if you are like so many others that won't this could snowball quickly into disaster. Suze Orman says DENIED!!
    But if you use your debit card then there is no interest accrued.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

They really just want to eliminate the off season, and increase the chance that they'll make money.

• Future Indy Castmember

I don't get how this is suppose to work.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

If WDW would do this, I would totally consider buying an AP again. I just can't afford the big lump-sum all at once. Monthly payments would make things much easier for folks like me who live on a budget.

• Defying gravity

It seems to me that someone could just pay the first installment and visit the park unlimited amounts of time until the next payment is due, they can't pay, and the AP is canceled. $69 is around the cost of a one day ticket, and, if you played your cards right, you could visit many, many times before your financial situation caught up with you.

• Circle of Ancients

Last edited by Princess Buttercup; 09-21-2008 at 07:49 PM.

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234561328 ... LastLast