Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 72229303132

• Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Disneyland to offer monthly payments to Southern California AP holders (all 4 typ

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    How crazy is that. So some people got the passes for $100, or whatever they may have already paid??? That's ridiculous. They signed a contract, what does it matter if they live in NorCal or not.

Makes no sense.
    Because they are outside the terms of the contract. That's why. Basically Disney could get in trouble for taking any kind of money at all from them because they do not qualify for the terms of the contract.
    Please help me raise money for children's hospitals by clicking the extra life image.

• Sock Puppet

Re: Disneyland to offer monthly payments to Southern California AP holders (all 4 typ

Quote Originally Posted by Snow_White_Raven View Post
    Because they are outside the terms of the contract. That's why. Basically Disney could get in trouble for taking any kind of money at all from them because they do not qualify for the terms of the contract.

Yep!

I don't see why folks are upset about the letter. Some CM's offered it up to the wrong folks and now they are correcting the situation. So what if some folks get a greatly reduced AP for the balance of their year. Good for them.

Like I said, no AP payment plan, no grief.

But it does make for interesting reading...

• Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolMickey View Post
    Yep!

I don't see why folks are upset about the letter. Some CM's offered it up to the wrong folks and now they are correcting the situation. So what if some folks get a greatly reduced AP for the balance of their year. Good for them.

Like I said, no AP payment plan, no grief.

But it does make for interesting reading...
    I am with you there. I don't have an AP so no payment plan, but reading all of this has been interesting.
    Please help me raise money for children's hospitals by clicking the extra life image.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Snow_White_Raven View Post
    Actually since both parties entered into the contract with full disclosure there is no contractual violation.

I would venture to guess that the problem came from Northern Cal people who could not enjoy the same payment offer that others had received.
    Crazy Works For Me!

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Kasey View Post
    Actually since both parties entered into the contract with full disclosure there is no contractual violation.

I would venture to guess that the problem came from Northern Cal people who could not enjoy the same payment offer that others had received.

A. The way I see it (and I certainly don't claim to be an attorney), by being outside the terms of the contract, and there is a default (and we know that has already happened) Disney would be forced to collect on the deadbeats obligation and the deadbeat can claim that the contract was invalid in the first place because of the residency rule. Disney would be beat. Of course, as far fetched as that sounds, in this society that could happen. Personal responsibility was thrown out the window years ago. To expect personal responsibility from a deadbeat is truly having ones' head in Fantasyland...

B. I mentioned that scenario in an earlier post. Disney opened that can of worms early on and then back-pedaled. One solution would have been to have honored the existing contracts and amended the future contracts to include all CA residents since they knew that they made a serious mistake with the "case by case" scenario of selling them.

There is no doubt in my mind that once the word got out that they were allowing some NorCal'ers to participate but then stopped the practice, that some folks would take "offense" to that and cause a stir.

I'm sure the right person made a call or wrote a letter which contained certain "buzz words" that might have gotten the ball rolling in the direction of Disney's lawyers...

Again, this whole mess could have easily been avoided...

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MAH4546 View Post
    Why?

Is it because it makes passes more accessible to more people? Because that screams of snobbery and elitism.
    Using such words as snobbery and elitism is way too overboard.

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 72229303132