Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thumbs up New Disneyland Parade

With the Big Announcement Today For "Celebrate Today Parade" what do you think the new WDW & Disneyland parade will be like? will it be a big Street Party? From what I have seen of the fabulous concept artwork it will be resemble DL's 35th Party Gras Parade with lots of Ballons, Streamers, Disney Characters and Confetti!!
    Take a Look

• Lowering Expectations

Re: New Disneyland Parade

Oh my..
    Follow news-savvy @DLtoday on Twitter by clicking on the banner below:

That's gonna be tough to clean up.

I am wondering if this is going to be in place of DDCT and Parade Of Dreams? Or in addition? If the parade will still be shown, DDCT in particular, I am curious if it will get a new makeover and what it will be and when?
    Last edited by DFL86; 09-18-2008 at 11:49 PM.

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Will this be going on until the 55th Anniversary?

• =)

Doesn't look too great to me, but I'm not gonna get worked up about it. The other parade they've got in the works will be AMAZING. Unless they change their plans, that is.

i hope thats not the idea of it...to see the parade of dreams replaced with that?
    itll be a sad day

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Doesn't look too great to me, but I'm not gonna get worked up about it. The other parade they've got in the works will be AMAZING. Unless they change their plans, that is.
    Is there some concept art of this AMAZING parade that we can take a gander at?

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by MonstersGoBoo! View Post
    Is there some concept art of this AMAZING parade that we can take a gander at?
    I'm not sure...I think there was a little that was publicly released a while back, but I'm not sure. And I don't know where it is. Sorry!

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Here's a video that shows the concept art:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=rJvpQwZAIXg

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Lost in Wonderland

Parade of Dreams will still run at Disneyland. The new Main Street Party/Hop (whatever they decide to call it) will be held in addition to POD. I don't know if you can really call it a parade, as it'll probably only take place on Main Street and NOT travel up the rest of the parade route. 2010 will probably see the new parade for Disneyland.

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    I'm not sure...I think there was a little that was publicly released a while back, but I'm not sure. And I don't know where it is. Sorry!
    Oh it's alright. Thanks anyways

The whole idea of the streamers coming from the air is throwing me off because it's going to create a huge mess. Other than that, I like the colors and the idea of making it a long continuous float with a "streamer" canopy.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Uh-Oh! A Street Parties?!?!?! Celebrate Today?????

Another "Streetacular????????????????????????????"

Confetti? That means they get to drag out those obnoxiously LOUD Street-Vacuum Cleaner Brigades!

Streamers????? Maybe they want to re-use those tacky streamers willthey had at the entry tunnels.

Party Music?????? Are they going to re-use the Music from Block Party Bash?????

I'm tired of these 5 year parades at DL, But I fear the quality will be severely lacking on this new Streetacular!

The Birthday idea sounds good on paper, but we will have to wait and see how effective it is. It's better than the 2.3 year of 2.2 Million prizes. But I'm beginning to wonder if we are in for a decrease in quality of shows, and parades.

And one other concern, DL did get a refurbished Buzz for the old Circarama Theater in 2005, Space Mt in 2005, refurbished Subs in 2007, basically trying to get ANYONE into Tomorrowland. Working on the troubled new group of monorails that can't be used when it's over 80 outside, Refurbishing Small World during all of 2008. Nothing announced for 2009, regarding refurbishments, upgraded attractions, or new attractions in DL????? Yeah DCA has Toy Story this year, nothing else next year???? Heck with the Birthdays, let's see some new attractions for DL and DCA. Where's the update to Star Tours, the new Peoplemover, the Rockets to their old orbit in the sky??????? 10 Years after TL'98 debacle, and TL STILL has a LONG way to go! I'm also wondering when we will really start seeing this trasformation from the 1 Billion Infusion into DCA. Seems most of the projects are really delayed, over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    I'm tired of these 5 year parades at DL, But I fear the quality will be severely lacking on this new Streetacular!
    On what do you base this opinion?
    Since the new blood went into high positions at Creative Entertainment, we've seen nothing but high quality, innovative parades.
    Parade of Dreams received a lot of praise for its lavish floats and a furthering of the "Show Stop" philosophy.
    Block Party Bash was well-received, energetic parade which merged street show and parade.
    Pixar Play Parade was also well-reviewed, with large floats, water, and lots of performers and dancers.
    Even the High School Musical street shows have had upgrades to match the newer movies, and kept moving through on a smaller scale.

So what precedent in recent years do you have for saying this? It just baffles me.

• A Weather Eye Open

it's been called a "street party" in several places so far. i'll bet (or rather i hope) it's temporary and in addition to POD (even though POD might not run twice a day). the 55th anniversary parade to replace POD has already been planned, yes? i hope it's fabulous and not on the backburner because of this.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 09-18-2008, 10:57 PM