Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Welcome Foolish Mortals

Yeah, yeah yeah I'm doin the plain cement paving dance!!

AWESOME!!! I am so ecstatic to see the Tomorrowland paving stones are HISTORY! back to smooth concrete, now I can glide around smoothly in my wheelchair and not feel like I'm risking internal injury just to get from point A to B!! Yeah, yeah yeah I'm doin the plain cement paving dance!! (In my wheelchair that is) I cant wait to go to DL once they finish.

I am hoping this means all they are doing in NOS around the mansion is redoing the smooth cement paving there with the same and NOT putting pavers in! I really hope so as that is my favorite area to hang out and up till now the only smooth one left.

I hope they get rid of all the pavers and uneven paving asap! Please do Adventureland, Fantasyland and Frontierland next!

But at least Tomorrowland is smooooooth once again! I just hope they dont balance that out by messing up NOS.

They can make the smooth cement any color or pattern in the pigment they want to but please make all the rough walkways smooth again. Us disabled people in wheelchairs who are not supposed to be jarred or jostled will love U for it! Not to mention all the tiny tots in strollers I see going by with their tiny heads bouncing up and down like bobble heads when being pushed over the rediculously rough ground!

Yes I know some of the NON disabled will complain they think the pavers and rough textured ground is "pretty" but you dont have to ride over it in a wheelchair to get where your going. Imagine literally DREADING to get to your attraction destination. Ever push a shopping cart over those annoying new yellow bumps they are sticking up everywhere nowadays ( I hate those too of course) and how your cart goes "uh, uh, uh.... " now imagine you have to drive over that in a wheelchair and you have some injury or ailment where being shook is not only painful but potentially injurious and you have to traverse over 100 ft of it to get where you want to go!

Thanks Disney co for one awesome incredible SMART decision!!!
    Yeah! yeah! Yeah!

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

"Whenever I go on a ride, I'm always thinking of what's wrong with the thing and how it can be improved."
    — Walt Disney

"I wanted to retain my individuality. I knew if someone else got control, I would be restrained." —Walt Disney

"The fun is in always building something. You see, we never do the same thing twice around here. We're always opening up new doors." —Walt Disney

"I've always been bored with just making money. I've wanted to do things; I wanted to build things, to get something going..." —Walt Disney

"I can never stand still. I must explore and experiment. I am never satisfied with my work. I resent the limitations of my own imagination." —Walt Disney

"Get a good idea and stay with it. Work it until it's done and done right." —Walt Disney

"Freedom of speech in all forms and in its broadest sense — has become vital to the very survival of a civilized humanity." —Walt Disney

• A spooky ghost

Re: Yeah, yeah yeah I'm doin the plain cement paving dance!!

I understand where you're coming from but to me it seems they're just taking a more detail and character out of the park.

• Incognito

Blog Entries

I agree, the pavers seemed to always be loose in places. I often wondered if many people tripped or lost their footing on those wobbly things. I know I did a few times. And I'm with ya on the bouncy wheelchair feelings. Last year when I was in the chair I hated that area.

Yea, it looked good, but wasn't too practical.

• Master of Disaster

its tomorrowland... wheres the moving sidewalks?

• Knight that says Nee!!

Quote Originally Posted by zugzug15 View Post
    Exactly! or the clear vacuum tubes like in Futurama!

• MC, this is LD

Wink Re: Yeah, yeah yeah I'm doin the plain cement paving dance!!

Wow, GothicManor would have lots of fun on those

:wee:

• Imaginative Possibilities

I sympathize, but I dont support re paving everything in the park as a generic smoothed out cement. The color may be one thing, but the detail to the intricate patterns on the floor your on is a testament to Disneys attention to detail. Not saying your discomfort is at the price of the show, but im sure their can be a type of mutual surface that keep the detail visual as well as making the show plentiful.
    You can't talk S*** unless your gonna do something about it...

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by IMAGINE View Post
    I sympathize, but I dont support re paving everything in the park as a generic smoothed out cement. The color may be one thing, but the detail to the intricate patterns on the floor your on is a testament to Disneys attention to detail. Not saying your discomfort is at the price of the show, but im sure their can be a type of mutual surface that keep the detail visual as well as making the show plentiful.
    Prismatic Paving.

• Knight that says Nee!!

four words: Anti-grav hover chairs.

• DCA FTW!

Doesnt the clean paving of tomorrowland fit it tho? Nice smooth and slightly plain is the future/present no? I'd be more worried about them applying the same type of paving next to haunted mansion where it needs to be textured.
    Everybody's got a laughin' place-
    trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

• Welcome Foolish Mortals

There used to be some! ramps anyways and they removed them all!

The Future is our past!

Moving platforms, ramps and walkways of Yesterday:

1. Adventure thru Innerspace Atomobile boarding and unboarding
    2. Peoplemover entrance and exit ramps as well as boarding and unboarding
    3. Monorail entrance and exit ramps
    4. Space mtn entrance and exit ramps

Any one remember any others?

Skyway or carousel at one point have any moving ramps?
    Last edited by GothicManor; 09-19-2008 at 03:02 PM.

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

"Whenever I go on a ride, I'm always thinking of what's wrong with the thing and how it can be improved."
    — Walt Disney

"I wanted to retain my individuality. I knew if someone else got control, I would be restrained." —Walt Disney

"The fun is in always building something. You see, we never do the same thing twice around here. We're always opening up new doors." —Walt Disney

"I've always been bored with just making money. I've wanted to do things; I wanted to build things, to get something going..." —Walt Disney

"I can never stand still. I must explore and experiment. I am never satisfied with my work. I resent the limitations of my own imagination." —Walt Disney

"Get a good idea and stay with it. Work it until it's done and done right." —Walt Disney

"Freedom of speech in all forms and in its broadest sense — has become vital to the very survival of a civilized humanity." —Walt Disney

• Senior Minion

I have to say that I totally understand where you are coming from GM. Two years ago when I broke my leg and had to be wheeled around I discovered the painfulness of what looks pretty doesn't feel so great. Even with all the handicap accesibility that is available the world is still not really handicapped friendly. Certainly what is provided helps a GREAT deal, but it still sucks to be in a wheelchair out and about.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

This is really good news!

Not that I am in a wheelchair or anything, but it will be a reminder of "the good old days" when the whole park had plain cement, but was color-coded for whatever land you were in.

I don't know what the color would be, but it will be a nice memory of what was there before, for sure.

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

A CM told me and my friends one time while we were waiting for the fireworks that the cement tiles were actually more hurtful than helpful. The would crack and pieces would come out the ground after rainfalls. She's seen children trip and fall due the breaking tiles. I think that creating a slick, smooth walking surface is the better idea.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by GothicManor View Post
    AWESOME!!! I am so ecstatic to see the Tomorrowland paving stones are HISTORY! back to smooth concrete, now I can glide around smoothly in my wheelchair and not feel like I'm risking internal injury just to get from point A to B!! Yeah, yeah yeah I'm doin the plain cement paving dance!! (In my wheelchair that is) I cant wait to go to DL once they finish.

I am hoping this means all they are doing in NOS around the mansion is redoing the smooth cement paving there with the same and NOT putting pavers in! I really hope so as that is my favorite area to hang out and up till now the only smooth one left.

I hope they get rid of all the pavers and uneven paving asap! Please do Adventureland, Fantasyland and Frontierland next!

But at least Tomorrowland is smooooooth once again! I just hope they dont balance that out by messing up NOS.

They can make the smooth cement any color or pattern in the pigment they want to but please make all the rough walkways smooth again. Us disabled people in wheelchairs who are not supposed to be jarred or jostled will love U for it! Not to mention all the tiny tots in strollers I see going by with their tiny heads bouncing up and down like bobble heads when being pushed over the rediculously rough ground!

Yes I know some of the NON disabled will complain they think the pavers and rough textured ground is "pretty" but you dont have to ride over it in a wheelchair to get where your going. Imagine literally DREADING to get to your attraction destination. Ever push a shopping cart over those annoying new yellow bumps they are sticking up everywhere nowadays ( I hate those too of course) and how your cart goes "uh, uh, uh.... " now imagine you have to drive over that in a wheelchair and you have some injury or ailment where being shook is not only painful but potentially injurious and you have to traverse over 100 ft of it to get where you want to go!

Thanks Disney co for one awesome incredible SMART decision!!!
    Yeah! yeah! Yeah!

Don't blame the pavers or other themed environmental groundwork for your rough ride. Why don't you focus on getting the wheelchair companies to provide suspensions that dampen any terrain discrepancies?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast