Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Disney aficionado

Help My Honeymoon!!!

My girlfriend and I want to do a California experience on our. Unfortunately there is so much to see, thus we will be limited to one day at Disneyland / California Adventures. Our honeymoon is looking to be during the peak disneyland season in Mid July 2009

We previewed a lot of rides via youtube videos of them, and these are the rides to make our final cut:

Disneyland park
    1 - space mountain
    2 - matterhorn bobsleds
    3 - indiana jones adventure
    4 - big thunder mountain
    5 - splash mountain
    6 - star tours

Disneyland adventure rides:
    1 - California Screaming
    2 - Soarin' over california
    3 - Mulholland Madness
    4 - toy story mania

We also want to see the firework show at night at disneyland.
    Some other rides we were kind of interested in seeing if we had time were Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Peter Pan's Flight.

I was hoping someone could tell me what order to do these rides in and which rides to use fastpass on. I figured that I'd start out in Disneyland and spend most of the morning till about 1:00 - 2there before heading over to DCA. Then back to Disneyland around 6 - 7:00.

• Knight that says Nee!!

Re: Help My Honeymoon!!!

I would fast pass Soarin', Space Mt, Big Thunder, and Splash Mt. since those rides have FP available and tend to have long lines. I would hit Matterhorn early as it has no FP and the lines get long pretty fast.

It appears that you are going to spend only one day between the two parks, and i gotta say, that seems like it will be a break neck pace to get through your list. I'm sure others on here might have helpful hints how to achieve your goals.

My personal opinion...you can't go to DLR and not ride Pirates and Haunted Mansion, ya just can't! But thats just me.

welcome to micechat

I see where you are going with this Yack, more thrills less immersive theming. That seems to be your theme. But in DCA you can get both by riding Tower of Terror. You have to add this to your DCA list. You have to!
    Permanecer sentado por favor...

• My Boss Has No Idea

Welcome Yackerz!

I'm by no means endorsing this, but it sounds like it's right up your alley given the circumstances and just might work for you!

http://www.ridemax.com/

There's a good amount of threads you can search where you'll get other michatters opinions on it, check those out too!

COMING IN THE YEAR 2020

• Just splashing around...

Don't skip Pirates. Don't.

• Disney aficionado

You got it.. being in the parks is enough theming for us !.

thanks for the tip.. I road tower of terror in Disney world. I cant really remember what it was like.. but it was one of those rides that we watched the video of and were like... well is it really worth the wait? The thrill of it is just the elevator shaft,.. even though it is kind of nicely themed.

We were planning on getting there at park opening.
    My thinking is Fastpassing space first thing, riding the matterhorn and star tours, coming back to space whenever the fastpass time is up. .. then going to get another fastpass.. at either Thunder, Splash, or Indiana.. and riding one of those and eating lunch while waiting for the fastpass time.
    Then getting another fastpass on the way over to DCA.

We are young and in shape I think we could do it hehe

• Disney aficionado

Ridemax doesn't take advantage of fastpass does it ?

• Defying gravity

I would just skip DCA completely. I agree with many others that you CANNOT go to DL and not ride PoTC or HM. Am I to assume that neither of you has been to DL before? I seriously feel like you are shortchanging yourself.

• Disney aficionado

Thanks for the advice but california soarin looked so good as well as the screamin rollercoaster. We are a fan of the thrill rides, and my girlfriend loves the Wild Mouse type rollercoasters aka Mulholland Madness, and Toy story mania looked new and pretty neat .

My girlfriend dont particularly like the haunted mansion, and we saw the you tube video of it. We decided it was of no particular interest to either of us, despite the hype about it. Maybe it was a bad youtube video I don't know.
    Last edited by Yackerz; 09-19-2008 at 05:37 PM.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

If you want to do every ride on your list you should have no problems even on a busy July day. Just as long as you get there at opening and stay until closing for sure you will get everything done.

A suggestion for Peter Pan -- get there before the park opens and make a bee-line for this attraction. Otherwise you will be having to wait at least 45 minutes.

• The Pirate Girl

I do say add Pirates and Mansion if you can. And Tower of Terror.

Though I would also like to say that Mulholland madness is a bit jerky and I felt a little sick after riding it even though I'm fine on every other roller coaster in both parks (and most at Six Flags). So be weary about that one.
    For certain you must be lost to find the places that can't be found. Elseways, everyone would know where it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Yackerz View Post
    Ridemax doesn't take advantage of fastpass does it ?
    Yes it does -that's one of its great advantages. I recommend it if you have a limited time and a clear idea for what you want to do.
    Last edited by tell no tales; 09-19-2008 at 04:49 PM. Reason: grammar
    Visited DLR 1976,1978,1991,2001,2007, 2011; WDW 1976,1985: DLRP 2010

• A Weather Eye Open

first things first! read the sticky post in this forum about the fastpass system and how to use it to your advantage, because you can really use fastpass on several rides a day, when most tourists only use it a couple of times, if ever. the first fastpasses that run out are Space Mountain and Indiana Jones, by a large margin.
    it's important to remember that fastpasses are good even after the "between" time... once you have it, it is good ALL DAY. Also, you do not ever have to wait any more than 2 hours before you can get a new fastpass in the same park . You can have several fastpasses in your hand at once and use them when you like.

haunted mansion is much more funny and silly than scary. pirates is a must! don't skip either.

but feel free to skip mulholland madness. there's no music, it's almost entirely undecorated. it's like bars and cement, and very uncharacteristic of disney rides.

you should also do jungle cruise if you have time, it's a total classic. and small world if you've never been on it. you gotta go once, and once is probably enough to last a lifetime.

oh! and of course watch fantasmic, the fireworks, and the parade.

you know what? i love california screamin', soarin' over california, and tower of terror, but if you've never been to disneyland and you only have one day, i completely agree that it's worth skipping DCA.
    Last edited by StrikeYerColors; 09-19-2008 at 05:35 PM.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• Disney aficionado

We both love Fireworks, but is fantasmic really worth it? .. and the Parade?>.. I think we both agreed we'd rather get more rides in than watching these, especially since the lines are smaller during this time.

I may try Ridemax out. I think it would save a lot of time...

• Laughing Last..

In the month of July, you might want to consider Grizzley River, as you can get drenched and it will be hot here.
    LOS ANGELES
    ANGELS
    OF ANAHEIM
    WHAT A STUPID NAME

CALIFORNIA ANGELS FOREVER

Baseball is our religion
    The stadium our cathedral
    Beer and peanuts our sacrament

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast