• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

Golden Dreams/Screams

So since Golden Dreams is officially closed now, does that mean there is no Golden Screams this year?
    I mean the buildings still there and will be open for a while so I don't see why they wouldn't do it
    but i haven't heard anyone talk about it (or I might have just missed it ) and I'm just curious.

(or is this one of those things we're gonna have to wait til Halloween celebrations start to know for sure....)

• Banned User

Re: Golden Dreams/Screams

There will be no Golden Screams this year.

• Queen Elsa

Unlest they move it to where Muppet 3D is. From the time fram of the closing of Muppet vision 3D Sept. 16 -24 then again in Nov. 4-12. It be a perfect spot to have the Golden Scream or in my case the Muppet Scream to be at. Muppet's has a stage like Golden dose, it has a screen like Golden dose. They can use the outside of Who wants to be a Millionar as the meet and greet for the villians like Aladdin and Jasmine did when I was there last month.

So I think it be perfect for there.

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Manning View Post
    There will be no Golden Screams this year.
    ...is there a source for this or just hear say. Not that I don't believe you, it just doesn't make sense that if the building and screens and stuff are still in tact they wouldn't use them.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Kuzcochik View Post
    ...is there a source for this or just hear say. Not that I don't believe you, it just doesn't make sense that if the building and screens and stuff are still in tact they wouldn't use them.
    It is not listed on the official Disneyland Halloween Time page. And it was promoted in all past years.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

At the DL Halloween page, there is the "Mummies Podcast" which did feature Golden Screams. I just played the video again, and it has been modified, and no longer includes Golden Screams. It was a rather lame production, but with Golden Dreams sitting idly by, and no replacement entertainment, it would be a loss. The daily show/events calendar does not include it either.

One other thing appears to be missing this year, remember last year:

At Disneyland, Main Street, U.S.A., is decked out for the Main Street Pumpkin Festival. Guests are greeted there by Constable Jack O’Leary and Miss Cobbler, who has been selected as this year’s Miss Pumpkin Festival.
    I haven't seen any mention of this Main Street entertainment either. Last year there were some topics mentioning the auditions for this two person show on Main Street, but this year, nothing has been mentioned. Are we losing this bit of entertainment in Disneyland, too???????

Last year they added Candy Corn Acres to Halloweentime. They had been growing the celebration up the previous years. BUT now, is DL shortchanging us this Halloweentime??? Where are the new Halloweentime shows or decorations this year, or is it just cutbacks this year???????

• Banned User

Well the decorations on Main Street will definitely be happening, & I think that show will be too. But don't quote me on that.

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    I haven't seen any mention of this Main Street entertainment either. Last year there were some topics mentioning the auditions for this two person show on Main Street, but this year, nothing has been mentioned. Are we losing this bit of entertainment in Disneyland, too???????

Last year they added Candy Corn Acres to Halloweentime. They had been growing the celebration up the previous years. BUT now, is DL shortchanging us this Halloweentime??? Where are the new Halloweentime shows or decorations this year, or is it just cutbacks this year???????
    I think it's funny the cut backs that seem to keep happening w/ Halloween every year. I mean yeah some of ti was lame but at least there was something there. Like how the first year they had that TOT show and then it dissapeared. Now the main street show and golden dreams... kind of sad

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

I forgot about those stories they had in front of ToT, with the various characters. Yeah, that's another item in the lost files.

Oh, they offered some special Tours of DLR, focusing on the HM and ToT.
    They were popular, I wonder if those are being offered this year.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    Oh, they offered some special Tours of DLR, focusing on the HM and ToT.
    They were popular, I wonder if those are being offered this year.
    Yup, they are:

Just an FYI for everyone, that the Halloween Time Tour is being offered once again this year, from September 26th through October 31st. 2 tours will be held daily, dispersing at 5:15pm & 5:30pm, with 20 people per group. The cost of the tour is $59 per person (Annual Passholders get a discount which takes the price down to $47.50), not including admission. The tour includes rides on The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Haunted Mansion Holiday, & new for this year, Snow White’s Scary Adventures.

To book a tour, & for more information, you can call 714-481-4400.