Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

should DCA add Rock'n'roll roller coaster as a new attraction?

Wouldn't it be cool if DCA added Rock'n'roll roller coaster?

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Re: should DCA add Rock'n'roll roller coaster as a new attraction?

Quote Originally Posted by disneyboi92 View Post
    Wouldn't it be cool if DCA added Rock'n'roll roller coaster?
    Sure - why not. As long as it's not all 'cheesed'.....nothing like a cheesy attraction....that comes down in 3 years because it's lame.

• =)

Haven't been on it, but from what I know, it doesn't seem like something DCA needs. Another minimally themed coaster, no matter how fun, would not satisfy the park's need for truly Disneyish attractions.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Haven't been on it, but from what I know, it doesn't seem like something DCA needs. Another minimally themed coaster, no matter how fun, would not satisfy the park's need for truly Disneyish attractions.
    Yeah - I said YES - but if it's 'minimally themed' then NO NO NO. I'm with you on that Datameister...

• Minion

RNRC is very popular...but I don't like it at DHS. The showbuilding doesn't fit the otherwise elegant feel of Sunset Blvd. And it has minimal connection to the original themes of DHS...which were the golden age of Hollywood and the magic / making of movies. Of course, nowadays, DHS, just like DCA...is losing all sense of a coherent theme...so in a sense it does fits, like a component of a casserole.
    Down with the Hat

• Banned User

It's actually got some good theming, & is one DHS's most popular attractions. But it would be way too similar to California Screamin' if they built it in DCA.

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Manning View Post
    It's actually got some good theming, & is one DHS's most popular attractions. But it would be way too similar to California Screamin' if they built it in DCA.
    Wait...how does "it's actually got some good theming" go with "it would be way too similar to California Screamin'"?

I know Rockin 'n' Roller Coaster is more themed than Screamin', but not that much more, unless I'm missing something. The Imagineers have explicitly said that it's an attempt to take Imagineering in a new direction, and I think DCA doesn't have enough of the old direction - the one people come to Disneyland for - to justify adding stuff like that yet.

• "I Break Things"

so.... just to make sure I am reading this right... instead of an actual new, thought out, well themed, original attraction you would rather have a florida clone with the word "new" slapped on it... no thanks. Sorry, I'm still a bit bitter that the 50th "new exciting birthday attractions" were florida clones!
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

It would actually fit into the DCA theme pretty well but it would be better to get something new...and better themed.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

I love Rock'n'Rollercoaster but I actually feel that we don't need another clone. I also love Aerosmith but everytime I see that pre-load presentation where they beckon the guests to join them in their limo, I die a little inside.

So I actually propose...

SUPERSTAR LIMO!!!! Yah you heard me. It'll be just like Rock'n'Rollercoaster where you'll be coastering through the sights and sounds of Hollywood... but it won't be done in the cheesy tacky style of RocknRollercoaster OR the old Superstar Limo.

No celebrities. No scary puppets. No Whoopie Goldberg. Just a straight up Limo coaster w/ randomized music and fun sets to drive through. I'd rather see that.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Banned User

Two words..........NO!

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by SomethingWicked451 View Post
    It would actually fit into the DCA theme pretty well but it would be better to get something new...and better themed.
    What theme is that? California? Or something else? DCA's in thematic limbo right now, with the upcoming additions raising the quality of individual areas but making the thematic waters far more muddy.

• I'm not really here

Rockin' Roller Coasters theme is a high speed limo race down the freeway to a concert for Aerosmith. It is entirely set in LA. You pass through one of the O's in the Hollywood sign and various other landmarks of the LA area. Granted, you are doing it so fast that you don't get much of a view of them. Yes, it would actually fit better in California than it does in Florida...

But I don't want it at DCA. DCA is not ready for rides like that. DCA needs to figure out who the heck it is first and establish itself as a park all on it's own rather than an "overflow" park for Disneyland. It needs to have some sort of cohesive themeing in place and established before "less themed" style rides can succeed and actually help the park. But even then, I don't want them to go that direction... new rides at Disneyland continue to be themed. We may not always like or agree with the theme, but they are all themed. Even Pooh and Buzz are themed.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

I don't think so. We already have Screamin'. It would fit the theme well of DCA but with the new changes coming to that park, it doesn't seem like it's name will be DCA any longer. I like the idea but only if DLR got a 3rd gate. Besides, I'd rather have Carsland than RNRC. More attractions and better theming.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Wait...how does "it's actually got some good theming" go with "it would be way too similar to California Screamin'"?

I know Rockin 'n' Roller Coaster is more themed than Screamin', but not that much more, unless I'm missing something.
    it sounds funny, but I agree with what he was saying.

There is definitely no room for both RnRC and California Screamin- the actual coaster part is too similar. However, RnRC is a MUCH better attraction overall, and the theming is a 1000x more detailed than CS. In fact, there really isn't a theme to CS, it's simply just a rollercoaster. RnRC has an immersive theme from the beginning of the queue (well the queue inside the show building that is), to the load, to the ride itself, and into the obligatory gift shop drop-off.

I absolutely love it, but I wouldn't want to see it on the west coast

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast