Billy Hill and the Hillbillies Show Questions

Hi guys,

I want to go see the show in Frontierland the next time I go. Do I just show up and pick a seat, or is there a certain way to do that? Is it also a restaurant? If it is, do I get food and bring it to a table, or is it like an order-with-a-waiter-restaurant?
    Any tips are appreciated; I don't want to do something wrong and end up not being able to see the show...

Thanks

• Banned User

Re: Billy Hill and the Hillbillies Show Questions

It is a fast food restaurant, so you order the food yourself like at any other counter service location. You then take your food & go to any seat you want, if there are any available... If you want a good seat, show up a bit before show time.

• We Want The Redhead

Quote Originally Posted by Madasahatter View Post
    Hi guys,

I want to go see the show in Frontierland the next time I go. Do I just show up and pick a seat, or is there a certain way to do that? Is it also a restaurant? If it is, do I get food and bring it to a table, or is it like an order-with-a-waiter-restaurant?
    Any tips are appreciated; I don't want to do something wrong and end up not being able to see the show...

Thanks
    For the best seats, check your times guide and get there early. A line usually forms outside the door. Either that, or just settle for one of the upstairs seats.
    You get in line again for chow, and bring it to your table.
    First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
    First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
    BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

Quote Originally Posted by ttrocc7007 View Post
    For the best seats, check your times guide and get there early. A line usually forms outside the door. Either that, or just settle for one of the upstairs seats.
    You get in line again for chow, and bring it to your table.
    Let me see if I understood that correctly...you're saying that I get in a line for a table, and then after I get a table, I can get in line for food and then go back to my table? Is that right?

• We Want The Redhead

Quote Originally Posted by Madasahatter View Post
    Let me see if I understood that correctly...you're saying that I get in a line for a table, and then after I get a table, I can get in line for food and then go back to my table? Is that right?
    Yup. Of course, you're better off having someone with you to hold your table while you're in line for your food.
    First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
    First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
    BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

• Disneyland PAP

The Golden Horseshoe is all open seating. There's seating on the lower level as you walk in, and there's seating upstairs along both sides of the overlooking balconies. I think you'll only find a line outside for the first show of the day, and it's a line just to get in. I think during the rest of the day the doors are only closed after the final show of the day (but I could be wrong). Once you're inside, you're free to pick a table.

Inside you can buy food along the counter to the right. It's the same food you can buy from the Stage Door Café that's just outside on the side of the building. A long line usually forms there inside as well before the show. If you want to order from there, the trick is to have your friends find and hold a good table while you or others get in line to order. I'm pretty sure you're also free to bring in food, like for example a turkey leg or a chimichanga that they sell at the nearby cart outside.

Billy Hill and the Hillbillies are great. They're always try to interact with the audience, especially those closest to the stage (hint, hint). Have a great time!

Edited to add:
    Here's the menu for what they offer inside the Golden Horseshoe which includes dessert offerings.
    Last edited by Gone2Disneyland; 09-20-2008 at 08:48 AM. Reason: added menu link and correcting some typos

• I'm not really here

Try to get there early so you can snag a table near the front. You don't have to line up for tables or anything, it is first come, first served. As for food, get your food outside from the Stage Door Cafe. It shares a kitchen with the Golden Horseshoes cafe inside, so the food is identical. The Stage Door almost always has a significantly shorter line though, and then you can just bring your food inside to your table.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Hey, thanks for all the help! I'll be sure to use those tips!

• Missing an Angel

I'll second the tip about getting your food from around the corner at Stage Door. Lines are much shorter there.

Last time I went to see the show I went to the first one of the day. The crowd wasn't all that big. We were going to sit in the front row when a CM asked us if we wanted to sit in Walts booth. So we did and they have a book in there explaining the history of the Golden Horseshoe. It was pretty special knowing that I was sitting where Walt sat many of times.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Scurvy Pirate View Post
    We were going to sit in the front row when a CM asked us if we wanted to sit in Walts booth. So we did and they have a book in there explaining the history of the Golden Horseshoe. It was pretty special knowing that I was sitting where Walt sat many of times.
    First time we saw the show, we didn't even know there was a show. We just thought it would be cool to eat there. And there was no one there at all so we just moseyed up and sat in Walt's booth. This was before it was a "Dream" item. Halfway through our meal, as the place filled, the show started. It was one of the best experiences we had ever had. Especially later learning that it was Walt's booth. I was bummed to learn that they made it a "give away" sort of thing. I liked it when it was just another booth. Walt Disney just happened to sit there.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Silent Lucidity

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    I liked it when it was just another booth. Walt Disney just happened to sit there.
    What? That's sacra ledge! Is Walt's Apartment above the firehouse just another apartment?

We were selected to sit in Walt's Booth and the CM took our picture (avatar), our only "Dream" win!