Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• is enjoying a ukulele.

Disneyland considers using APs as payment cards (Merged)

I hope I'm not the last one through the gate on this one, but I got an e-mail containing a link to a survey about the DLR. In the course of the survey, they pitched the idea of linking your debit/credit card to your AP, thus making your AP an all-in-one card when you're visiting the resort. Has anyone else heard of this? Did anyone else take this survey?
    Last edited by NeverNeverland; 09-20-2008 at 04:51 PM.

• CM supporter

30 miles south of the happiest place on earth

Re: E-mail Survey

I haven't gotten that survey, but I'd love to have my Disney Visa card connected to my AP, that would be quite nice. They should put a special mark on it to signify that you are 21yrs or older also so you could get your drink on (I think I've had a total of 3 beers in my life at the resort). That way you wouldn't need to bring a wallet or purse in, just your AP.

• is enjoying a ukulele.

I agree, that would be a good idea, it's an all-in-one. Just need to make sure you don't drop your card or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by biscuits View Post
    I hope I'm not the last one through the gate on this one, but I got an e-mail containing a link to a survey about the DLR. In the course of the survey, they pitched the idea of linking your debit/credit card to your AP, thus making your AP an all-in-one card when you're visiting the resort. Has anyone else heard of this? Did anyone else take this survey?
    I got that survey too. I think it is a great idea.

The only problem that I could see with this is if your card expired prior to AP expiring, and you didn't bring your credit card, only had your AP. That wouldn't be much fun - trying to put dinner or something on your AP and they say "sorry this has been declined"...

Otherwise, I really like the idea. You have your photo linked to AP, so you wouldn't even really need your id.

I also got the survey and they were not proposing linking your credit or debit card to your AP, but loading money onto the AP card so it would be similar to the reloadable Starbucks cards. In addition, they were proposing a $10 bonus added to the AP card for each $200 spent.

They also mantioned the security of having your photo on the AP card so CMs could look to see if it was really you. The only concern I raised was that ability to get the money returned credited in the case of a lost or stolen card.

Personally, I thought it is a great idea.

• Banned User

Sounds like a great idea to me, I hate having to lug in a purse just so I can take my wallet with me. I don't think there'd be much trouble if you did lose your AP, no one can use it with your picture on it anyways.

• Disney Starved in AZ

I got it too!

Interesting concept... but my question was do you have to use the whole amount before it expires or will you be able to get a refund? and my other question was what happens to the value if it is lost/stolen...

They said nobody would be able to use it since my photo would be on it... well, quite frankly, I don't look anything like my photo unless I'm fresh off Splash Mtn... so, I don't know how it would work...

But I did like the idea of $10.00 back when you spend $200!

For those of you who didn't take the survey or didn't quite grasp the idea - this has NOTHING to do with your Disney branded VISA!

The only thing I didn't like about the survey was having to chat at the end with a person... that took WAYYYY too long!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Disneyland considers using APs as payment cards

I was taking an online survey, after my last visit to the parks, and talking to those survey people at the turnstiles, and was asked of my opinion of the following idea:

One card does it all!
Load spending money directly onto your Annual Pass for flexibility, convenience and added benefits

• Flexible – use your card to dine and shop anywhere at the Disneyland® Resort
    • Convenient – one card is all you need for your admission and purchases during your visit
    • Safe – a Passport photo keeps your spending dollars secure
    • Customizable – reload your card at any Disneyland® Resort location or online
    • Family Friendly – add an allowance to your teen’s Passport to let them explore the Resort without worrying about cash

I LOVE IT!!!! And I told them that, too.

What do you think?

• Shubisha

Re: Disneyland considers using APs as payment cards

I've said that for years now including the allowance part. I'll sue them and then they'll stop doing surveys out front like they stopped taking guest comments woo =D

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Quote Originally Posted by almandot View Post
    I've said that for years now including the allowance part. I'll sue them and then they'll stop doing surveys out front like they stopped taking guest comments woo =D
    Har har har

• Don't lets be silly! ºoº

I think it's a wonderful idea. Less to carry around, and worry about.

• Disneyland PAP

I have a Disney Visa Card that I use in the park all the time. And every year, the points I earn offset my renewal of my PAP. Unless there's something similar offered with this option, I probably won't take advantage of it.

• Imaginative Possibilities

Genius! I love it...
    You can't talk S*** unless your gonna do something about it...

• Shubisha

Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post
    Har har har
    the part about me saying it for years is true anyways. I think it's a great idea just they then have to be careful about what kind've credit line they're giving people. Probably lower on average than the limits they give to hotel guests.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 09-21-2008, 02:10 AM