Last Snow White On 9/5

Is there anyone out there going to the final performace of SW on Monday? And will this actually be the *final* performance or will it be back in June of 2006? I have this gut feeling that it won't ever be returning after the last show on Monday, but we'll see.

I did hear that a few performers from the SW show will be performing in the DCA street show, *Drawn To The Magic*, outside of the animation building.

See you at the last show!

Re: Last Snow White On 9/5

let's hope it doesnt come back

• Disneyland Freak

So this is how a horrible show dies... to thunderous applause.

Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

I was walking into work today right behind the Fantasyland Stage as the last show was ending. WOW, did you hear the roar of that crowd, it was like fireworks.

• All you need is LOVE

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenEars
    Is there anyone out there going to the final performace of SW on Monday? And will this actually be the *final* performance or will it be back in June of 2006? I have this gut feeling that it won't ever be returning after the last show on Monday, but we'll see.

I did hear that a few performers from the SW show will be performing in the DCA street show, *Drawn To The Magic*, outside of the animation building.

See you at the last show!
    I think I saw you there I was there in my wheelchair with a few mice chatters

• All you need is LOVE

Quote Originally Posted by dlfreak
    So this is how a horrible show dies... to thunderous applause.

Its a great show its snow white

• "Retired" DL Tour Guide

I'm sorry to see this show go (mostly due to lack of funding)...I certainly hope that something great comes along to replace it!
    -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
    -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

-"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
    --DCA: World Of Color

• The one, the only...

I was at the last show on Monday. The performers did a great job. They really are talented.

I just don't particularly like stage shows at a theme park. The reason is that there is low "repeatability." I can go on Indy or PoC every time I go to the park and not get tired of them. These stage shows are nice but I have not really wanted to see the show more than once. (How many people really want to see Broadway shows more than once?)

I also think that the brevity of the show, forced on the performers because it IS in a theme park, dilutes the magic of stage performances. There is not enough time to "warm up" to the hero or heroine. The story just seems rushed.

The performances of these young CM's and the special effects are wonderful. I just wish that Disney would invest the money in a real attraction!

Thank you, all the CM's for Snow White. You did a great job and I know because of your talent that you will have a bright future!
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Banned User

I am so sad I missed it. I was at disneyland 2 times and never got to see it. there were times I wanted to but decided to go on a different ride etc. Now I wish I had gone to it. I am sad, but maybe some day I can watch it on video

• Creative Director

Live entertainment and stage shows have great repeatability, especially if they are done well.

I see no difference in the repeatability of a live show or parade and an attraction. Their sole purpose is to entertain, and they do that. and many people out there love disney parks for their entertainment, especially those who are limited on what attractions they can go on.

capital investment should go into both rides and live entertainment. trick is, both are incredibly expensive.

congratulations to everyone involved with Snow White...An Enchanting Musical, from the beginning of the run to the end.

It was truly a wonderful show.

• Sock Puppet

Was that show any good? I had priority seating for it once, but we never did it, I think it didn't sound very good at the time. Now I'm wondering if its worth searching for a video of it on the internet.

By the way, JiminyCricketFan, my friends in New Jersey have seen "Wicked" on Broadway 9 times. And if I were there, I'd see it 9 more than that! And there are definitely lots of people on these boards alone who'd see Wicked, or Rent, ALOT more than once. So.