Green Lights on Jungle Cruise

Strangest thing riding the Jungle Cruise today. On Trader Sam's shield were 2 quarter sized Green lights, close together like a pair of eyes. It's the first time I noticed (as we passed) that his shield is kind of thick.

Was this bad show? Did something that usually covers the lights fall off? And what are the lights for?

• Nill

Re: Green Lights on Jungle Cruise

I think those are actually used to tell the skip to go or not....depending on if anyone is at unload. Its a guess, but I'm pretty sure thats right.

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by figmentgoofy View Post
    Strangest thing riding the Jungle Cruise today. On Trader Sam's shield were 2 quarter sized Green lights, close together like a pair of eyes. It's the first time I noticed (as we passed) that his shield is kind of thick.

Was this bad show? Did something that usually covers the lights fall off? And what are the lights for?
    There is a thread on here somewhere, where I explain it... I will try to find it. Basically it is normal, and you are looking at the track switch indicator lights.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Senior Monorail Minion

Not sure, but we have a big mouse in town ;)

There are actually 4 lights if I remember correctly. They tell the skip if the dock the positions of the switch tracks.

Skip got here before me apparently
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Green = Go = Good!
    Red = Stop = Bad!

• I'm not really here

Don't know if that was a separate thread tech, you did PM me some drawings of track switchings though.

Those aren't the only green lights on the ride. They are in other places as well... you just have to find them.

It might just be a sick little habbit of mine, but I LOVE looking for things like this.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Nill

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Don't know if that was a separate thread tech, you did PM me some drawings of track switchings though.

Those aren't the only green lights on the ride. They are in other places as well... you just have to find them.

It might just be a sick little habbit of mine, but I LOVE looking for things like this.
    I second your weirdness.

• "I Break Things"

I can't help but think this will spoil the magic for you...

#1 is Main/Catwalk
    #2 is Main/Storage
    #3 is Storage/Spur

There is also a #4 which is Boat storage Main/Spur... so there ya go magic spoiled sorry!

To explain the lights. Both green lights are Main. I'm trying to remember this but I'm 95% certain top red is Storage and bottom red is Catwalk... it's been a while, I'd have to look to be 100%.
    that thread is locked now (wasn't mine I just posted the above in it) Whats broken on the Jungle Cruise?
    Last edited by techskip; 09-20-2008 at 07:19 PM.

• Banned User

OOOhh! THAT'S what those green lights are for. I thought they were something like a green M&M....if ya know what I mean.

• "I Break Things"

Those are the greens you can easily see. There are a couple spots where you can see the green LED indicators (depending on lighting conditions and if you know where to look.) The easiest to spot though are actually the red laser sensors that start each scene.

I am more interested in Bill's Evan's upside down walnut tree stumps, and the eucalyptus wind breaks to be honest. On rare occasions I might even listen to the spiel!

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    Those are the greens you can easily see. There are a couple spots where you can see the green LED indicators (depending on lighting conditions and if you know where to look.) The easiest to spot though are actually the red laser sensors that start each scene.

I am more interested in Bill's Evan's upside down walnut tree stumps, and the eucalyptus wind breaks to be honest. On rare occasions I might even listen to the spiel!
    I should have known you'd love the upside down walnut trees too. That is such a cool idea Bill had. Genius is what that is.

And I love looking for the red lasers and security cameras too. On all the rides. Track sensors to keep track of ride vehicles are cool also. There are TONS of little lights on all the rides that are quite fun to find. Some of the ways they disguise and hide them are really ingenious and a testament to the utter creativity of WDI.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• "I Break Things"

I should have known you'd love the upside down walnut trees too. That is such a cool idea Bill had. Genius is what that is.
    The amazing part is that a couple of them are still there!

To address the genius comment. I am a big fan of minimal effort for maximum effect. Walt didn't have money for vines to plant in his ruins... Bill grabbed a few trees from the scrap pile, cut the stumps, planted them upside down and cemented them in... instant vines! Sometimes it's the little things that have the greatest effect. I also love to walk up to the entrance of the boathouse and then turn around, because right across the way is Harper's window. Most never notice that window, but without his support Jungle may not have become a reality. The other "hidden" surprise is the squirter. Every time I see the squirter I think of Marc Davis, because elephants can't smile!
    Last edited by techskip; 09-20-2008 at 07:41 PM.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    I am a big fan of minimal effort for maximum effect.

I also love to walk up to the entrance of Jungle, then turn around... because right across the way is Harper's window.
    It is definitely amazing how much bang for their buck they were able to get.

And yeah, I love that they put Harper's window right in front of Jungle.

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
    Green = Go = Good!
    Red = Stop = Bad!

sort of... Red = Stop = Boat is either being added or pulled off.
    No lights at all = Stop = BAD (yes this has happened before and Jungle will go down for this).