Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• The line's too long...

Are the Muppets really leaving DCA?

According to this article in today's NYT, Disney has big plans in bringing back the Muppets in many media arenas, including theme park attractions. So maybe (hopefully), no Narnia, and instead a new Muppets attraction.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/21/movies/21barn.html

• Senior Monorail Minion

Not sure, but we have a big mouse in town ;)

Re: Are the Muppets really leaving DCA?

Narnia? I didn't even know we were supposed to get a Narnia attraction. I know one was thought of, but the idea was so stupid the person was laughed out of the office (aka Burger)
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

• The Voice of the Jungle

I found some Muppets videos on youtube that I thought were part of the preshow video(s) this one especially fit the multiple screen gags the preshow is known for:
    YouTube - Stars & Stripes FOREVER! (Muppets Variation)

And then I saw a few other Muppet videos that have the same ending with Startler and Waldorf, and I think this could be a good sign that Muppets are coming back if they've having their own youtube videos and profiles
    YouTube - Classical Chicken
    YouTube - Stars & Stripes FOREVER! (Muppets Variation)
    YouTube - Habanera

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Hopefully they'll be kept in DCA.......because they are NOT Disney characters...and Kermit the Frog 'bags' have no place in Disneyland (ie the Disney Clothiers on Main Street).

Nothing against Muppets - I LOVE THEM....but I'd be equally as peeved it Disney started selling Warner Bros Merchandise or advertising for Knott's.

• Member of Baxter's Army

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    Hopefully they'll be kept in DCA.......because they are NOT Disney characters...and Kermit the Frog 'bags' have no place in Disneyland (ie the Disney Clothiers on Main Street).

Nothing against Muppets - I LOVE THEM....but I'd be equally as peeved it Disney started selling Warner Bros Merchandise or advertising for Knott's.
    Technicly' Thwy are Disney characters. Disney owns them.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HMF View Post
    Technicly' Thwy are Disney characters. Disney owns them.
    They are "Disney OWNED Characters" - but not Disney Characters, perse.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    They are "Disney OWNED Characters" - but not Disney Characters, perse.
    The same could be said for Winnie the Pooh, Peter Pan, Alice, etc. Disney didn't create those characters either. Even Pixar characters aren't Disney technically either.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Banned User

Wait WHAT?! This is the first I'm hearing of this news. Oh no...! I hope they don't get rid of The Muppets.... I don't care "whose" characters they "are". Far as I'm concerned they are their "own" characters.

They are in a disney park right now (two actually right? they are at wdw aren't they?) so they deserve disney love and respect. I would really be sad to see them go. I have loved the muppets as long as I have loved disney. All my life. I was so happy to see such representation of 2 incredibly imaginative and creative guys under one roof. Walt & Jim will be in my heart forever.

I hope hope hope they don't remove muppets. QUESTION: I saw yesterday that Muppet 3D is down (temp) was my guess, but, is it being used for Golden Screams, this halloween? Any one know?
    Last edited by Jiminy Crickett; 09-21-2008 at 10:03 AM. Reason: typo

• Premium Youngling and

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    The same could be said for Winnie the Pooh, Peter Pan, Alice, etc. Disney didn't create those characters either. Even Pixar characters aren't Disney technically either.
    Good point.

I had never heard of the Narnia attraction

• Banned User

but I'd be equally as peeved it Disney started selling Warner Bros Merchandise or advertising for Knott's.

I agree. The characters for those parks, have their own parks. They should be left there, but muppets always had a sort of disney feel to me. Not like sesame or electric company or anything like that but in the similar way of what Walt wanted to bring to people, I think Jim wanted to bring to people. I wouldn't mind if they brought back the meet and greets of muppets. I sure would like to interact with Miss Piggy what a hoot. Or hug Kermit, or Fozzie.

• Banned User

Even Pixar characters aren't Disney technically either.

Yea, but Pixar too is like Jim and Walt in a way. And I just LOVE seeing Jesse, Woody, and Buzz walking the parks. Interacting with them is fun. Getting a hug from them ain't to shabby either.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

I certainly hope the Muppets aren't leaving the park. But, I would love to see them get a new attraction! A ride, perhaps?

• =)

Since the Muppets and the Chronicles of Narnia have absolutely nothing to do with California, I think either one would be perfect for the new direction Disney's California Adventure seems to be taking.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Since the Muppets and the Chronicles of Narnia have absolutely nothing to do with California, I think either one would be perfect for the new direction Disney's California Adventure seems to be taking.
    Data - DLand I agree with you both whole heartedly. Muppets shouldn't have to "earn stripes" or anything to get recognition and be "allowed" in the parks. They are very entertaining in their own way, and to some, just as entertaining as others. Muppets if you can hear us... "don't go" I always wished that Sweetums could have some kind of meet and greet since he's there, live front and center at the show.

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy Crickett View Post
    Data - DLand I agree with you both whole heartedly. Muppets shouldn't have to "earn stripes" or anything to get recognition and be "allowed" in the parks. They are very entertaining in their own way, and to some, just as entertaining as others. Muppets if you can hear us... "don't go" I always wished that Sweetums could have some kind of meet and greet since he's there, live front and center at the show.
    Well...don't get me wrong. I was just making a sarcastic jab at the decreasing thematic unity in DCA. I actually don't approve of the Muppets being in the park. It's not because they're not Disney...I mean, I haven't the slightest issue with Star Tours and Indy being so non-Disney. The issue for me is the fact that they have nothing to do with California...and they don't have anything to offer that would enforce a new theme for the park. Someone on this site - I forget who - used a casserole analogy the other day. DCA is kinda becoming a big casserole of lots of different ingredients, and Disney figures they're appealing on their own, so they'll go well together. But if a park is going to claim to have its own unified theme, it needs to adhere to that. And if there's already a successful park next door without a unified theme, you kinda need the other one to have one of its own.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast