Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Post Former/Current Cast Members

I'm wondering how many former cast members or even current cast members, post, reply, read, or have anything to do with these forums and why.
    I've read many many many complaints in being a cast member, what it was like back in "my" day as a cast member stories. I understand throughout years and work hours and all, how one can get jaded and bitter, but was there ever GOOD experiences?

Did any of you actually ENJOY doing the work of a cast member, or were you just (dull) looking for a job. Why be one if the experience isn't/wasn't a pleasant one?
    I'm sure you didn't take the job just to say you've done it, right? Or for bragging rights, right? So, any GOOD, fun, positive stories as a CM you have to share?
    Last edited by Jiminy Crickett; 09-21-2008 at 06:37 PM. Reason: someone told me I don't make any sense

• =)

Re: Former/Current Cast Members

Not yet... EDIT: Wow, that sounds so...not the way it was supposed to! I meant that I have not formed any of my own memories as a cast member because I haven't worked there, but I plan to in the near future. I have indeed heard positive stories, though, as I later explained in my post below.
    Last edited by Datameister; 09-21-2008 at 01:28 PM.

• Banned User

Smile Re: Former/Current Cast Members

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Not yet...
    Wow. Really. Okay. Good to know. Thank you for responding.

For the most part it's a good/fun job but far too many people get caught up in the drama that comes with the kinda people who apply and eventually work at the resort. It's funny because when i started all the heard was the horror stories about it being like high school or how you shouldn't date Disney and if you do follow the three d's and for the most part it's sorta true. Unfortunately there are a lot of power trippy people who work there but I've found at least that if you can avoid them and avoid the drama that comes with them it's actually a really fun place to work. It's tough right now because where i work has too many people and not enough hours so it's rough going right now but the holidays are right around the corner so yea!!

• =)

...I'm confused. Apologies if I'm grossly misinterpreting what you said, Jiminy Crickett, but are you annoyed at me for posting?

In any case, I'll throw in something slightly more relevant. I've known several cast members, and they've basically told me the same thing - avoid the drama, accept that it's not going to be the perfect job, and it should be fine. One friend of mine said that she gets a huge kick out of simply being there in the park whenever she's working. Getting to make the magic happen, as it were. Another has told me that the work itself - PhotoPass, in her case - is a real joy. Getting to help people have a good time and capture memories and so forth.

Assuming I get a job as a cast member in the near future, I expect my favorite part will be the freedom to explore certain areas of backstage, though I'd certainly enjoy getting into character and being helpful and so on.

• "I Break Things"

Wow... I am honestly shocked by this thread. I had an absolute blast as a CM, and I continue to enjoy the park as a Guest. I think of it as one of the best jobs I had. Not a lot of money, but a whole lot of fun. More then anything I miss those I worked with.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Banned User

...I'm confused. Apologies if I'm grossly misinterpreting what you said, Jiminy Crickett, but are you annoyed at me for posting?

In any case, I'll throw in something slightly more relevant. I've known several cast members, and they've basically told me the same thing - avoid the drama, accept that it's not going to be the perfect job, and it should be fine. One friend of mine said that she gets a huge kick out of simply being there in the park whenever she's working. Getting to make the magic happen, as it were. Another has told me that the work itself - PhotoPass, in her case - is a real joy. Getting to help people have a good time and capture memories and so forth.

Assuming I get a job as a cast member in the near future, I expect my favorite part will be the freedom to explore certain areas of backstage, though I'd certainly enjoy getting into character and being helpful and so on.
    I'm sorry. I thought you were saying "not yet" as in, that as a cast member you hadn't yet had any good, enjoyable experiences. Well, once you are a CM, and are having fun, I will certainly like to hear about it.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    Wow... I am honestly shocked by this thread. I had an absolute blast as a CM, and I continue to enjoy the park as a Guest. I think of it as one of the best jobs I had. Not a lot of money, but a whole lot of fun. More then anything I miss those I worked with.
    Good to hear. I'm glad it was a fun experience. I know it looks fun from a guests point of view, but when some cast members are asked I have heard that some actually don't enjoy it. That makes me feel kind of sad. I started this post cause I'm not able to ask these questions directly to a CM, too autistic for that but I can ask here, so... I did.

I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your time as a CM. Yeah!!!
    Thank You BTW.
    Last edited by Jiminy Crickett; 09-21-2008 at 12:36 PM. Reason: forgot something

• love my friends

I was a CM for 3 years (3rd shift custodian at DCA). I really enjoyed it. SO many good people , and the job was an experience I will never forget

I would have to say this was the best job I have ever had, I was sad to quit (I had to as we moved to vegas)
    m y best memeory was the 50th... we had to work 10-14 hour shift that day, but it was magical

Friends for life

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by kelly View Post
    I was a CM for 3 years (3rd shift custodian at DCA). I really enjoyed it. SO many good people , and the job was an experience I will never forget

I would have to say this was the best job I have ever had, I was sad to quit (I had to as we moved to vegas)
    m y best memeory was the 50th... we had to work 10-14 hour shift that day, but it was magical
    that is great. thank you for the post

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy Crickett View Post
    I'm sorry. I thought you were saying "not yet" as in, that as a cast member you hadn't yet had any good, enjoyable experiences. Well, once you are a CM, and are having fun, I will certainly like to hear about it.

Ah, okay! Thanks for the clarification...sorry for any confusion. I should have made that a LOT more clear. I think I'll go back and edit my post a little...

• Banned User

Red Face Re: Former/Current Cast Members

Ah, okay! Thanks for the clarification...sorry for any confusion. I should have made that a LOT more clear. I think I'll go back and edit my post a little...

it's okay. thank you though. you're nice

I worked In DCA from 2001-2004 then DL 2005-2006.

I was a trainer on Soarin', Grizzly and Challenge Trail. I also did ATP (test/adjust) for TOT then became trainer after it opened.

I then transferred to DL to do ATP (test/adjust) for Space Mountain for the 50th. I also worked Autopia.

The I decided to start my own business. Papersound.com

• A Weather Eye Open

without outing yourself? i don't get how that works. if someone posts on here about their experiences as a CM, we're all going to know they are/were a CM.

I hear a lot from CMs that DL currently is not the quality of employer it should be, and that there are a lot of bad experiences (different from "hard" or "not easy", but actually bad), BUT that working in the park with the guests is so fulfilling that it's worth all the bad points. I heard from a former Mickey character that she really missed her job (she had to leave due to medical reasons), and wouldn't trade her time as Mickey for the world.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

I love my job 90% of the time. I love getting to see different people from every walk of life. Right now I wouldn't want to work anywhere but Disneyland.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast