Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Question What's it about Disneyland that makes you celebrate there?

Disney is asking us the question "What will you celebrate?"

So, in the same light - I ask what do you go to the parks to celebrate - and what is is that makes Disneyland the perfect place for it?

I'll start:

I love Disneyland as a celebration place, because there's so much to do and enjoy for the whole day - and whatever your tastes may be. It always seems that reach time I go to Disneyland, I discover new ways to enjoy the parks. It could be eating, riding attractions, or just people-watching.

I totally see this at the meets. Most of us love to just hang around and chat for the day, but others love to eat, ride rides, and shop. It always amazes me that the people I see can have a great time at the exact same place for years and years. I've been meeting some of the same people at Disneyland for over 7 years, and it never ceases to amaze me that after all this time, we can still have a fun time and enjoy ourselves.

There's something about the sure varity of things to do around the resort that makes it such a great place to meet new and old friends, celebrate a birthday, or just waste the day away.

So, why do you like to celebrate at Disneyland?
    -Monorail Man

• I'm not really here

Re: What's it about Disneyland that makes you celebrate there?

For us, we only go once a year, so it's really a celebration of everything and anything we can think of... basically... we celebrate because we are at Disneyland.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

At first glance this seems like an easy question but upon furthering pondering to figure out why I like to celebrate at Disneyland I would have to say the joy and wonderment of the park. I know once I go through those turnstyles that I can be anything I want to be, a kid running around to all the E ticket rides to just laid back and watching people go by sitting on a bench. Its the never quite knowing for sure what is going to happen but I know that I'm going to enjoy it and remember it anyways feeling.

Great question.

I'm 46 years old, and have spent atleast 30 of my own birthdays at the Park. Not to mention those of my family. Being at the Park is just the happiest place on earth to celebrate anything, or to just be. Period!

Disneyland, for me, is one of those rare places where I can leave the troubles and worries of The Real World outside the berm and enjoy life and being alive and being with loved ones and friends and not have a care about anything else.

Just being at Disneyland is a celebration in itself.

• Banned User

Only going once a year for me and my family makes it special. That alone makes it a celebration. Also, it's a celebration to be able to enjoy my favorite rides with my kids!

BUT, the next time we go, we WILL be celebrating something significant. I will be graduation from college with a BS in Horticulture this spring!!!! YESSSS!!! Do they have special buttons for that?

I love celebrating my birthday at DL. DL just makes you feel special. We have all had those special CM experiences where they just MAKE you feel special and acknowledge that you are there and that it really is about you, the park guest.
    A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes....

• Letting my freak flag fly

It's The Happiest Place On Earth!
    I'm a lover, not a fighter...
    But I'm also a fighter, so don't get any ideas!

• Disneymom

I've never had the chance to celebrate an occassion at the park but for me everytime I'm there it is an occassion all it's own. Simply, I celebrate because I feel at home there and know that as long as I'm there the trouble can't invade me.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Monorail Man View Post
    So, why do you like to celebrate at Disneyland?
    It's an escape......and Escape to Celebration.......that's why.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    It's an escape......and Escape to Celebration.......that's why.
    Acceptance.
    I go for any reason. As often as I can. To enjoy walt's world. To be accepted by a judge-free environment at any time.

Birthdays
    Anniversary's
    ALL Holidays

Any day of the year for any reason. Many times I have gone when I was recovering from surgery. Many days I have gone before going in to surgery. Many days I have gone for no reason at all. I think there is a day in everyone's year besides "known days" like B-days, holidays. Everyone's year has a day in it where they just want to let loose, bring out the child like within, and not be judged for it. that's a day to go to the parks.
    I'm going on wednesday the 24th. Just cause I miss it.

• =)

I don't really celebrate outside events by going to the park. I pretty much just go to the park when I can - not an overwhelmingly frequent occurrence - and that itself becomes a cause for celebration. Why do I celebrate when I get to go to Disneyland? Because it's a place I'm nostalgic about, a place that has been designed to suck me out of the real world and into a different one, a place where I can get a good dose of both intellectual/emotional stimulation and physical thrills. And furthermore, I really enjoy trying to figure out how it all works. It's like a giant magic trick I'm just dying to figure out.

• Blow me to Bermuda!

Pretty much all of the above. We also only get to go about once a year. That alone makes it special. Knowing that my teenage daughter (and any friends that tagged along) are willing to hang out with me all day long for several days is reason enough to celebrate. haha Once I hear the little chime the ticket reader makes, I know the rest of the world is not mine to worry about for a few hours. I love being able to get lost in the park even just those few days a year.

We were there shortly after my DD turned 16. We were there 8 months later shortly after my divorce was final. We were there just because 6 months later. Now here we stand on the precipice of my DD's senior year of HS. She turns 18 in two days and will graduate (knock on wood) in May. Of all the places in the world they could go to celebrate, they chose DL. It made my soul happy. Of course, we don't get to go til June, but I still get to go. YAY!

Enjoying the warmth and sunshine of Phoenix between Disney trips.

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

I celebrate being alive and able to truly smile while I'm at Disneyland. It feels that no matter what is going on in my life, while I'm at Disneyland I can forget all the junk and just enjoy my day(s).

Soon I'll be celebrating life with My Mom; I can't wait to go to The Park with her!
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I used to just go there for family time. Now because of MiceChat there are so many things I celebrate. It could be a MiceChatter's birthday, it could be a ride that is closing down. Sometimes it's for a gumball rally and other times it's for the birthday of an attraction. Yes, Disneyland is just a celebration of life.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast