Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• I'm not really here

3 Days... no plans... crazy fun. In 5 parts. PHOTO HEAVY

Sorry this took so long. 1200 photos to go through.

To start off, I'm just going to say that I LOVE the off season. The longest we waited in any line was 30 minutes for TSMM. The park wasn't too crowded or too empty and the weather was perfect.

Part 1 (of 5)

Day 1

Started off the trip heading to Space Mountain but stopped to say hi to Buzz on the way.

After a great ride on Space we headed over to ride Buzz Lightyear, but they were ushering people out of the ride so we decided to grab a breakfast snack at the Blue Ribbon before getting our anniversary pins.

After a few quick rounds at the Boot Hill cemetary...

It was off to the Mark Twain

Believe it or not, I had never ridden on the Mark Twain before. It has always been in refurb or not running. It was a really peaceful ride and the boat is simply beautiful. I'm glad it was recently refurbed to keep it looking nice.

I love the NOS skyline. It is so complex and really makes it look like there are so many levels of buildings.

Then for a ride on Pirates. There is so much to see in this single show scene. So many props and items litter this room that I always see something new here.

We were one of the first groups in for lunch at the Blue Bayou. It is really amazing when it is so empty and quiet in there. The atmosphere and lighting are great and it is our tradition to eat lunch there on our first day.

I love the Tesoro Island Chicken with Gumbo and Potatoes and my wife and our friend always get Monte Cristo sandwiches.

My wife's favorite ride was up next... Splash Mountain. It was a walk on. They had just finished loading the log in front of us when we got to the front of the line and we climbed right into the next one. Did I mention how much I love the off season?

I really love all the water elements around the park. This waterfall is one of my favorites.

Indy with it's magnificent queue area. The detail work here is staggering. The closer you get to things the more details you notice.

Quick shot of the castle as we walked past it.

I want this clock. I have no idea where I'd put it, but I want it.

Quick ride on the Matterhorn. This was our "go to" ride this trip. X, Y or Z ride is busy... Matterhorn!

Some quick shots of the Sub Lagoon. Didn't get to ride this until Day 2, but it worked out beautifully.

Decided to try to ride in the nose of Monorail Red.

As you can see, this is when it was damaged. We ended up riding in the nose of purple. It was really neat to listen to the radio chatter for the monorails and see how they are run.

A quick breather on Main Street with some fine music from the band before getting back to rides.

Decided to ride the Carousel since Mrs. Mycroft loves anything to do with them.

A lovely shot of the castle courtyard area from the carousel. There is a special charm to this area. It is cozy and warm feeling with all the colors, plants and incredible themeing.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• CM supporter

30 miles south of the happiest place on earth

Re: 3 Days... no plans... crazy fun. In 5 parts. PHOTO HEAVY

Excellent so far. I love the off-season too!

Gimmie more! Gimmie more!

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

What great pictures! If you took 2000 shots you really picked some winners.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Wonderful TR and Happy Belated Anniversary!

•   
    • Kerplookee

Great photo's. Thanks for sharing.

Looking forward to the rest
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpee View Post
    I only care for Disney bling!

• I'm not really here

Part 2 (of 5)

Day 1

Well, off to Toon Town to see what characters were out and ride Roger Rabbit.
    Hmm... just Goofy.

Finally got to meet Sorcerer Mickey, my favorite character of all time. My wife asked the CM in the Movie Barn if we could see him without my knowing about it. Was very sweet of her.

After a quick ride on Roger Rabbit we decided to catch the Parade of Dreams. The girls decided they wanted Dole Whips so I headed out to stake out a spot since it was only 10 minutes till parade start.

Ended up catching this shot which I think just looks cool.

Here are some shots of the Parade...

Not sure why, but the Queen was doing karate chops here. She had the kids around us giggling pretty good.

This Hatter was great. I don't think he was ever NOT crosseyed.

Before the fireworks started we went out to our locker in the hub and changed to some warmer clothes.

Caught some photos of the Mickey Floral

It really is a neat effect and very pretty.

We got some great seats right at the front of the Hub with only about 15 minutes to go before the fireworks. The three of us shared a Turkey Leg while we waited and chatted with the family behind us who had an adorable baby who was playing peek-a-boo with us. She was kind of scared of the fireworks at first, but warmed up to them throughout the show. She loved Tink.

Lightspeed to Endor!

I really love the fireworks that come right off the Fantasyland buildings. They really bring you into the show and always get gasps from people who haven't seen them before.

The beautiful finale. I love the strobing lights on the castle itself.

This came out cooler than I thought it would.

The lighting here is simply superb. It is so perfect.

Nope, not an Alice fan at all.

Some beauty shots and lighting. I just can't help myself.

End of Day 1. Days 2 and 3 to come soon...

I should mention that about 90% of these are my wife's handiwork. She is the photographer in the family... I just get lucky occasionally and snap a good one.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Grim Grinning

Wow, these pictures are really amazing! I love the picture of the tea cups running at night. I agree with you that the chicken at the Blue Bayou is some good stuff. Best chicken ever I think. I demand to see the rest of the pictures... I can't wait any longer

Quote Originally Posted by amanda.collishaw View Post
    Wow, these pictures are really amazing! I demand to see the rest of the pictures... I can't wait any longer
    +1

• Animation Domination

Wow you guys had so much fun...what other place can you celebrate your anniversary anyways.

• I'm not really here

Part 3 (of 5)

Day 2

Had some amazingly cool moments with cast and guests alike on this day.

Our 2nd day is always started at DCA. We like to get something totally unhealthy from Bakers Field Bakery and eat in the Sun Plaza. Jumped on Soarin' as our first ride of the day. On our way over to Tower of Terror we ran into some characters:

Our friend (here in the brown) is a HUGE fan of Stitch. He was being a bit naughty though so she threatened to grab his ear. At this point he turned his back on her and gave her the hand. She had to beg and plead and tell him that he was better even than Mickey. He finally agreed to sign an autograph but took her book, threw it on the bench and signed it there. When taking the picture, he pulled me inbetween her and himself.

And then we met some heros.

Against all odds, this is one of Mrs. Mycroft's favorite rides. She hates heights and she hates dropping, but she LOVEs this ride with a passion difficult to equal.

I really enjoy the inside queue areas. You don't spend a lot of time there, but it is so very well themed.

We got the upper boiler room area, which I hadn't been in before. It caught me off guard because instead of going up to the mirror, then up to the ghost hall, you go way up to the mirror, then down to the ghost hall. I wasn't ready for that smooth down like that. Our bellhop was excellent. Totally deadpan. "Any requests, questions, regrets? No? Goodbye" without so much as a pause.

From here we went to my favorite store in the whole resort, Off the Page. I ended up getting one of the animator drawn pieces. Been thinking about that the past few trips and finally just did it.

Next we headed over to Grizzly and proceeded to get wetter than we ever have on that ride.

There is some amazing scenery around this area, and I love water in motion, so I couldn't resist some photos while the ladies freshened up. We grabbed Fast Passes for it for later and headed over to the pier.

Found this in the shop next to Ariel's Grotto on the way to Screamin'. Mrs. Mycroft wanted to take it home with us.

We asked if we could sit in the back of Screamin' and the CM happily agreed. Had us wait at the foot of the stairs while he sorted out the rest of the train. He was about to put some other people on the back car, which we didn't even notice - so absorbed in watching the motions of operation. He quickly realized his mistake and had them move up two rows and put us in the back. He was so incredibly appologetic that we felt bad for him. My wife had made up little business card sized "thank yous" to hand to people or CMs that made our trip magical. Next time he came past us we handed it to him. His reaction to it made our whole trip. He must have been having a really long day dealing with people because his face just lit up and he was all smiles. Just before boarding our train, he comes back with an "Attraction Readmission Pass" for us, good for up to 6 people on any attraction except TSMM. We were so totally not expecting this that our faces must have been priceless.

To top this off, just up from us was a group of boys, about 12 years old, there for "John's Birthday Bash at Disneyland" according to the yellow shirts. They had never been on Screamin' before and were a bit nervous. We had chatted with them in line a bit. As our ride came back to the station, the CM waved to us from the other side of the load platform and the birthday group got off, "Screamin'" about how awesome the ride was. Both them and the 3 of us decided to ride it again right away since there was no line. It's safe to say that between that particular CM and those boys, Screamin' was the most magical ride of our entire trip. We ended up seeing the birthday group through the rest of the trip.

From there we headed over to TSMM. The line was only 30 minutes and that was about as good as it was going to get so we just went for it.

Waiting in TSMM's line

These things are actually pretty cool. Much easier to fire than I had anticipated, and quite easy to aim. Especially since there isn't a laser or anything to get out of alignment.

Not to bad for our first time riding. My wife is more accurate than I am. Guess I just go for the brute force method. Sorry for the flash, but this picture was taken mere nanoseconds before the score disappeared. Did what I could with Photoshop.

So then we went back and used our Grizzly FastPass before heading back to Disneyland for dinner at Redd Rocket's Pizza Port. We sure do love us some Fusilli! While sitting at dinner we decided that we would use our Readmission pass for Nemo and avoid as much of a line as possible for that one. We also decided that since it was good for 6 people, and there were only 3 of us, that we would try to find a family or couple waiting towards the back of the line and take them with us. We quickly spotted a couple in bride & groom ears, showed them the pass and invited them to join us. They were thrilled and we were ushered almost to the front of the queue. We only had to wait for one sub to be loaded before they moved us to the loading area.

Both myself and our friend are HUGE Star Trek nuts, so this was kinda cool for us.

The "dive" part always used to scare me as a kid. To this day it is still a really convincing effect, especially for how simple it is.

We really enjoyed Nemo. It was cute and fun. It was well executed. Sure, they could have taken off in more of a "non-recap-the-film" direction, but for what they chose to do, it was nice. The jellyfish look awesome, and the jokes about the Sub being a whale were fun.

Next we decided to do a quick "trunk check"

It's amazing how realistic it actually looks. You can really lose yourself on this ride.

I like the addition of the Piranha.

It was a shame that our skipper seemed really new. She seemed a bit nervous and hesitant, but she tried her best and hopefully she gets more confident with practice. She nailed a few of the jokes really well.

Starring at this sign we wondered just how fast Disney Security can run.

Shot of the full moon while waiting for the fireworks.

This time we decided to sit by the rope in Fantasyland to watch the fireworks. You can get on the Fantasyland rides really quickly when that rope drops. In years past it hasn't been known, but it was popular this year. They had a lot of CMs out making sure people lined up properly. Even had seperate lines for Pan & Toad, Carousel, Castle, Snow & Pinocchio. Several leads were going up and down the lines telling people to "not let anyone cut in line, send them to the back." Seeing the fireworks from here was interesting. It was a unique perspective and we got some cool angles. They were actually noticeably cripser and sharper looking too. It was strange without the music going, but it really allowed you to focus on just the fireworks. The crowd really got into "ooo'ing" and "aaah'ing" as well.

What is that red glow?

Uh oh, you know that part in Mr. Toad when you go to hell?

It's escaping!!!

After riding the Fantasyland rides, we got on the Teacups and had another great CM moment. The CM working that night was really into it and was singing and telling jokes and playing with kids as she checked the teacup doors.

We decided to hit up Splash Mountain a few more times and got completely and totally drenched. Later at night, when people aren't riding it so much, water isn't being splashed out or something and accumulates so our splashdowns were ridiculous. After riding it twice there wasn't a dry spot ANYWHERE on any of us.

Decided to end the night with Indy to warm us up. Got put on with a group of teenagers who apparently really love this ride. They got WAY into it, driving the jeep and whooping and giggling at every turn and bump. I was really glad to see the chamber of Destiny working this time around as it hadn't been on the last several trips. My wife and our friend had no idea that the Mara room actually changed like that. We got the Observatory of the Future and the Fountain of Youth.

Day 3 (parts 4 and 5) be aproachin' the dock mateys!

• YOU KNOW IT! YEAH!

Quote Originally Posted by dizzneeland View Post
    +1
    +2!!!!

SUPPORT THE CMs

For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

• Grim Grinning

There's lots of other places to celebrate your anniversary but theres only one place worth celebrating your anniversary. Disneyland is really the only way to go.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by amanda.collishaw View Post
    There's lots of other places to celebrate your anniversary but theres only one place worth celebrating your anniversary. Disneyland is really the only way to go.
    Especially since we had our honeymoon at Disneyland as well. Happiest Place on Earth!

• Animation Domination

more wonderful photos can't wait to see more.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 09-22-2008, 11:19 PM