Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Proud "Dis-nerd"

An hour and a half at Disneyland - 9/17/08 (part 1)

This was my shortest trip ever to DL. I had just an hour and a half before the park closed last Thursday night. This trip to OC was supposed to be business, but I as usual tried to work in at least some sort of DL visit.

What's your shortest trip? Why so short? What did you do??

So, I arrived at 6:30 finding no queue but some folks gathering at the entrance.

Folks are milling about inside the gate...but still, not too bad.

Hmmm...quite a few people here waiting for the POD.

Yikes! I didn't expect this many people, maybe locals?

Found a spot to watch the POD (not easy!). Wow, it's the new monorail I'd heard about! Excellent.

Finally, the POD. Love this parade!

Check out more of the flickr photos:

Flickr: blendywee's Photostream
    Last edited by wbarley; 09-25-2008 at 07:48 PM. Reason: fixed - confused by merging

If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/blendywee

Re: An hour and a half at Disneyland - 9/17/08 (part 1)

That is a great parade. Far better than what MK is currently offering up, sadly.

I remember back when the big push was on for the Electrical Parade to leave Disneyland and head to the Magic Kingdom. A few weeks before it was supposed to leave I was working with my dad on a show in Glendale and we decided to drive out to Anaheim and go to the park. Got in about a half an hour before the parade, paid full price, watched the show (my first time) and then ran around Fantasyland hitting all the dark rides. When else will you see Peter Pan with no line? At the time it seemed quite foolish to spend that kind of cash for just a few hours in the park, but now its one of my fondest Disney memories.
    I worked at Walt Disney World as a member of the Disney College Program in Spring 2008 and Summer 2010. Now, I build software, design live events, and frequently make the short trek from Costa Mesa to Disneyland with my Annual Passport in hand.

• Curiouser

Great pictures so far!

• We Want The Redhead

Quote Originally Posted by wbarley View Post
    What's your shortest trip? Why so short? What did you do??
    My shortest trip ever was just this last August. It was the my grandmother died. She lived in Palos Verdes, and I had heard on the radio that traffic was so bad on the freeway going home, I headed the car down Artesia Blvd and cut across the 91 to the 5 instead.
    I got inside the gates at about 5:15, strolled to the Plaza Inn and had a quiet dinner while watching all the folks having a great time getting ready for the parade.
    As soon as I finished, I stopped at the Blue Ribbon for a cup of coffee and headed back out to the parking structure and headed home to be with my family. The whole time I spent inside the park was less than 90 minutes total, and it was also a very big help.
    Just being around all those smiling kids and their parents reminded me that life really will always go on, and that while times may be hard for the moment, there are always better times just around the corner.
    First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
    First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
    BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

• Dream'n w/Blue Sky

I think that is great you can just stop by and drop-in at Disneyland.

If I did live close by I know I would be making short trips, like for dinner or lunch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• CM supporter

30 miles south of the happiest place on earth

Thanks for the pics!

The shortest trip I've done was during my lunch break from work a few years ago. I was having a rough day at work, so I took an extra long lunch break (I work about 30 minutes from the park). I parked, ran to the entrance, went on Space Mountain and then went back to work. It definitely made the day better.

If you don't count the time in the parking lot, I'd say I was in Disneyland for 20 minutes tops.

I also stop by before Angels games for a ride or two. Those trips are usually around an hour.

• 1st Visit: 7/23/1955

I've been known to visit just for an ice tea and piece of carrot cake at Plaza Gardens. (AP holder.)

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Yay! Parade pics!
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Nice pictures, very nice!
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• Proud "Dis-nerd"

Talking Re: An hour and a half at Disneyland - 9/17/08 (part 1)

I would definitely stop by frequently for short visits if I lived close by. Every trip I make to So Cal I run through all sorts of scenarios in my head. Do I have enough time to get to DLR? How can I schedule things to fit in a visit? Everyone thinks I'm nuts! My work takes me to OC about twice a year or so, and now my sister lives in LA. Not to mention it's our favorite vacation spot (or at least a tie with London). I've got a handy dandy GPS in the car, with DLR programmed in as a favorite, so anywhere I am, I can plot the quickest route.

Is it sad, crazy or do I have my priorities right in order?

If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.

• Sock Puppet

While attending a company function at the DL Hotel, I'd head over to the Park and enjoy a meal and a few rides.

It was nice going solo, and just hanging out for a bit. Maybe two hours each night.

(yeah, I'm a PAP'er)

Too much fun!

One time last year (almost exactly a year ago) I ran in at 7:15 rode Nemo left at closing at 8pm. That was my shortest trip.
    Janette

• Proud "Dis-nerd"

Wink Trip Report An hour and a half at Disneyland - 9/17/08 (part 2)

After the POD finished, I walked around taking some photos at the end of the night. Parts of Frontierland are deserted and a bit spooky...

Alone in the dark, the riverboat is still inviting. No flash needed here...

Over in Fantasyland, the sweeping continues even near closing time. This friendly cast member tried to turn away and then asked sheepishly if he ruined my picture. No way!

Small World refurb stands alone, no one ventures near...

But nearby, the Teacups stand ready for the next eager spinners...

And there they go!

These short visits are great for photo-taking. I didn't get on any rides but had a great time anyway. Not a bad way to spend an hour and a half!

One last good-bye!

More photos at Flickr: blendywee's Photostream
    Last edited by wbarley; 09-24-2008 at 10:39 PM. Reason: Forgot one last photo

• Following the Second Star

Re: Trip Report An hour and a half at Disneyland - 9/17/08 (part 2)

I love the last picture of the teacups. Makes me want to go on them really badly ><

Cammie Dog: 3/27/05-6/28/09 God took you way too soon Protect your dog from heat stroke. It attacks and kills quickly.

• Proud "Dis-nerd"

Re: Trip Report An hour and a half at Disneyland - 9/17/08 (part 2)

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer20k View Post
    I love the last picture of the teacups. Makes me want to go on them really badly ><
    Makes me dizzy!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast