Exclamation Mysteries Myth and Legends Tour

Somewhere I remember reading a post about this tour at DL. They introduced it in the Fall and brought it back recently (end of January?). Anyway, here is the link to the tours currently being offered at DL:

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disn...lResourcesPage

Since I love the TOT (only have been on WDW version) and the HM and IJA, this should be a great tour to take at the end of the day as the parks close.

Cliff

The Mysteries Myths and Legends tour of last fall wasn't really worth it, to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Importance
    The Mysteries Myths and Legends tour of last fall wasn't really worth it, to be honest.
    What about it wasn't worth it? It sounded interesting and I thought about going on it. Not worth the money? ($25) Not worth the time? (2.5 hours) Or was it just plain not worth it? I would like to hear from you your opinions.
    Cliff
    WDW '72, '97, '00, '02, '03 '06 '07, '08 DL '98, '05, '10 DLP '00 DCL '09

• I was deleted.

Tours sound interesting to me. I will let you know all that I do. I went on the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour and enjoyed that one a lot. But now that the Tiki Room is closed (one of the places you got to see extra in) and the railroad (the place they added in after the Tiki room closed) I'm not sure if it will be worth the money. Especially if The Walt Disney Story is closed. I would ask what had replaced it, because in early January they had not yet. They said they would be changing it somewhat for the 50th.

hey thats good news! We may take that tour this time around. Just never got to it before.

• Defeats the Huns

I read somewhere else that it wouldn't be back until October since it was a "Halloween" themed tour. The tour did VERY well -- it sold out for the whole season within the first few weeks it was offered. So I'm gonna have to make a guess and say that it will DEFINITELY come back this year -- just not soon enough!

I didnt like it as much , but since it was one of the first tours it went alittle rough and wasnt all that intreguing.. More like you could do it yourself. But it might have changed and knowing Disney it has improved. I like the cool necklaces you got! =oP
    Current DL Entertainment Technical Services

Former DCA Attractions CM

Compared to the backstage tours I did at WDW, this one was severely lacking. At only $25 it's pretty reasonably priced though. The main problem was that they 'ghost stories' they told had no theme and did not relate to each other or Disney. And there was no build-up to the 'surprise' at the end. It just kind of happened. I'm glad my sister gave it to me as a gift, and I didn't pay for it.

Hopefully they'll rework it for next year.

• Who's your DaddyB?

It's a bunch of badly made up stories for both parks. There is one normal host, and a "ooky" one who does most of the storytelling. They are ghost stories like a ghost bride who waits for the train to come by at night, or the failed actress who threw herself off the "Hollywood" sign (what Hollywood sign, there's none in DCA!) only to have had a big offer in her mailbox at home... Just the kind of ironic stories or Ripley's "Believe it or don't" kind of stuff that a junior high kid could have made up. It's too bad because with a little imagination it could have been REALLY special...

Dispel some of the myths and rumors of Disneyland. Tell some of the real backstories of the rides that people may not have known. Talk about some of the legends of the park, like the light in the window at Walt's apartment... but what you get instead are some badly written ghost stories completely devoid of Disney Magic.

It's nice you get to ride ToT twice without getting off, but I had actually done that before. I don't know if they always do this, but we rode HM the whole way through in "creep mode" it was HMH at the time, though so it REALLY didn't fit in with the Mysteries, Myths & Legends tour, but by that time, I didn't care anymore, I'd had my fill of a bad tour, and going slowly through HMH wasn't going to help much.

Let me some it up this way, about the coolest thing about the tour is the LED amulet you get to take home with you.

• Jerm is Food...Not Friend

About 5 min from where the Magic really started
    From what it said in the Disney Mag. it was back at the end of January...news to all of us. I talked to both people that took the tour and CM's that did the tour and both enjoyed most of it. If you read the blurb in the Disney Mag. you will see how it all came about. What you don't know it they didn't have a finshed script till very very close to the first tour. I plan on taking the tour when/if it does come back...how can you pass up riding ToT with no lap belts!!!!

J
    Kungaloosh!

*END OF LINE*

• How's your conscience?

Quote Originally Posted by daddyb
    It's a bunch of badly made up stories for both parks. There is one normal host, and a "ooky" one who does most of the storytelling. They are ghost stories like a ghost bride who waits for the train to come by at night, or the failed actress who threw herself off the "Hollywood" sign (what Hollywood sign, there's none in DCA!) only to have had a big offer in her mailbox at home... Just the kind of ironic stories or Ripley's "Believe it or don't" kind of stuff that a junior high kid could have made up. It's too bad because with a little imagination it could have been REALLY special...

Dispel some of the myths and rumors of Disneyland. Tell some of the real backstories of the rides that people may not have known. Talk about some of the legends of the park, like the light in the window at Walt's apartment... but what you get instead are some badly written ghost stories completely devoid of Disney Magic.

It's nice you get to ride ToT twice without getting off, but I had actually done that before. I don't know if they always do this, but we rode HM the whole way through in "creep mode" it was HMH at the time, though so it REALLY didn't fit in with the Mysteries, Myths & Legends tour, but by that time, I didn't care anymore, I'd had my fill of a bad tour, and going slowly through HMH wasn't going to help much.

Let me some it up this way, about the coolest thing about the tour is the LED amulet you get to take home with you.
    I totally agree with this assessment. We have taken several tours at both DL and WDW, and this was by far, the WORST!!! The stories were hokey, the guide was horrible, and it covered a lot of ground in a short time. I have arthritis in my hip, and the pace was so fast, I was hurting big time by the end, and then not to even enjoy the commentary! I was not the only one complaining about the pace - over half of the 20 in the group were lagging behind the very long legged ghost host. We were definitely not impressed, and would NEVER take that tour again!