Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• For You!

Earmarked, Tony Baxter, DCA Party, Richard Sherman, Lilly Belle and So much more!!!

Day 1
    Whoever said getting there is half the fun - needs to be drug out into the street and beaten.
    I started out by missing my shuttle from Idaho Falls to Provo, Utah. I accidentally booked the wrong day, and had to blaze down to Blackfoot, Idaho to catch the shuttle from there. Then, at the shuttle change at the Salt Lake airport, the driver was really hurrying us, and he handed me the wrong luggage (it looked exactly like mine). We had to change shuttles so fast (because we were late) that I didn’t even notice the wrong luggage. I got a call before I got to Provo that said my luggage would be at the airport the next morning at 6:30 a.m.
    So, I stayed at my mom’s house and was able to borrow some jammies. The next morning we got up bright and early to try and get my luggage. Which I was able to retrieve. But, we got a phone call on our way that said our flight had been cancelled.
    We got to the airport to discover mass chaos because of the cancelled flight. We were put on a waiting list into Ontario, but didn’t make that flight, and then guaranteed a seat to LAX a couple of hours later - grrrr. And they lost our luggage.
    Eventually, my mother and I arrived at the Disneyland Hotel - only to discover that I’d left my cellphone on the Disneyland Express. (I was able to get it back the next day).

Now the fun begins. We were at Disneyland for the travel agents Earmarked Conference.

We checked in and headed straight for Main Street and this

We took in a few rides - because everything was a walk on

Anyone noticed how creepy these faces are? (They remind me of the creepy masks from the WDW parade)

This absolutely cracked me up

Monday night, they closed down DCA for a special party - just for us.

Notice the logo on the Ears

We started the party by making really goofy hats.

I had finally finished my and was headed over to the Pier - when I ran into Ed Grier. I finally meet Ed Grier, and I look like this...

Mmmmm Dessert

Band and tables

We got ride Screamin’ all by ourselves, went on Toy Story several times and even rode the Carousel. Great night.

The next morning we got up at 5:30 a.m. to go on the Get up and Go Power Walk. It was supposed to be through DCA, but they mixed up a little and we got to walk around the Mickey and Friends Parking Structure - whoohoo!! Not really.

We started our conference meetings at 8:30 a.m. It was opened by Ivana Dream - the conference fairy. She was quite a riot.

Tony Alessandra gave us a rousing motivational speech. Followed by another speaker that gave us all the inside tips about DCA’s remodel. We saw pictures of what was to come, and models of the esplanade, and Cars Land. I took as many pictures as I could, then was approached by a "thug" that said these were private pictures that hadn’t been released and that I needed to stop. So, I didn’t get pics of the new entrance - which I thought was very blah (I hope they just hadn’t added colors to the model), a great picture of John Lasseter riding the new Luigi’s Flying Tires, or the pictures of Mater’s Cow Tipping Tractors.

(I know you've seen some of these)

Mickey Sunwheel

Band Concert (in place of Orange Stinger)

Goofy's Sky School (Mullholland Madness)

Little Mermaid Ride

We had breakout sessions, which were kinda fun - talking about how to better market disney travel and another one about travel web sites.

The evening event was amazing. We went into dinner and it was announced that Susan Egan was going to come sing for us. She was the voice of Meg from Hercules and the original Belle on Broadway. Beautiful voice - and funny!

Then, the big surprise. Susan introduced Richard Sherman. He joined her on stage to play and sing Tuppence a Bag.

Then Susan left and Mr. Sherman stayed for over an hour! He played a great majority of the music he’s written. We all got to sing along. I almost cried. I was able to meet him afterwards, but didn’t get a picture because he was exhausted. But what an amazing night - to actually sing the Tiki Room songs and It’s a Small World with the man himself.

In this part of the video - he's talking about Mary Poppins the Broadway show. It's horrible video taping, but I will get more posted

I have a lot more video with Mr. Sherman and so much more to come!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• E T1CK3T

Re: Earmarked, Tony Baxter, DCA Party, Richard Sherman, Lilly Belle and So much more!

WOW!!!!!!!!! I wish I were you! What's the "Earmarked Event" anyways? Never heard of it before, but it sure does look fun!

• Be Patient I'm Learning!!

Re: Earmarked, Tony Baxter, DCA Party, Richard Sherman, Lilly Belle and So much more!

Wow! I can't wait to see more. It looks like you had a great time so far.
    Christina

• I'm not really here

Ok, I am officially jealous... though the trip started out a bit crazy it was certainly amazing once you got there!

Love your photos... and I'm glad you got those that you did before the "thug" showed up.

You have no idea how much more psyched I am now, especially for TLM.

As for the models... many times they purposely don't put any color on them at all simply so they can study the shape. They are sometimes referred to as "space studies".

Again, thank you so much for sharing your trip!!! You have pretty much made my day today

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

That is some awesome stuff Jen. Thanks a ton for putting it here!!

• My Boss Has No Idea

Thanks for giving us a glimpse at the new DCA! How cool.

Just for that, I'm going to use a travel agent for my next vacation

COMING IN THE YEAR 2020

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

What a great time with great pictures. I am so glad you got to take the ones you did before any more thug's came around. I loved your hat design.

• Banned User

This event looks amazing! I wish I could have been there, I love Susan Egan and to see all the layouts for DCA, what fun!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

THANKS!!!!!!!! for sharing all the pictures and letting us know what was going on in PP the other night! (Ugggg those disney thugs sure can deflate the fun.) How nice that you got to meet Richard Sherman! I'm sure he mentioned that "Feed the Birds" was Walt's favorite song from the Sherman Bros.

(I'll reserve comments on the so called "upgrades" to PP rides, for another thread.)

• For You!

Earmarked is Disney's word for Disney certified and/or preferred travel agents. They put on this huge convention every year and really do it up right.

I have a bunch more video of Richard Sherman - he said so much about everything. I didn't realize they wrote the music for Chitty Chitty Bang Bang - Disney let them out of their contract because it was a great opportunity for them.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Banned User

I'm liking everything I see. Thanks for the photos!

Little Mermaid looks awesome! I'm loving Mickey's Fun Wheel and the Swings too (so glad the idea of a tornado with swings attached is gone, the current version looks way better!), but I still need to warm up to Sky School. It's just not clicking with me.

Great Trip Report!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    As for the models... many times they purposely don't put any color on them at all simply so they can study the shape. They are sometimes referred to as "space studies".
    I was thinking she probably saw the models that we see posted in Master Gracey's Project Tracker thread here
    "If you build it right, they will come." - Bob Iger

"I'm not a literary person. As far as realism is concerned, you can find dirt anyplace you look for it. I'm one of those optimists. There's always a rainbow." - Walt Disney

"I don't care about critics. Critics take themselves too seriously. They think the only way to be noticed and to be the smart guy is to pick and find fault with things. It's the public I'm making pictures for." - Walt Disney

• Minion

You and your mom are lovely ladies and it looks like you had a wonderful experience. I went to a showing of Mary Poppins and heard Richard Sherman talk about the songs. Very, very interesting.
    I want my cake back!

would it be ok if i copy/pasted your pics of the DCA project onto the Project Tracker?

• Thank you, that is all.

Now that was an exciting sneak report! Very interesting TR! Thanks so much for posting it.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-25-2008, 01:34 PM
  2. 10-12-2008, 03:42 PM
  3. 10-12-2008, 02:17 PM
  4. 10-10-2008, 02:23 PM
  5. 10-10-2008, 12:25 PM
  6. 10-01-2008, 06:23 PM
  7. 09-29-2008, 01:54 PM
  8. 09-27-2008, 07:55 PM
  9. 09-26-2008, 01:09 PM
  10. 09-26-2008, 12:47 PM